Entergy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Entergy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Interview

application, interview

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a pretty standard intern hiring process.

Design Engineer I (Nuc) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Entergy.

Interview

Asked behavior interview questions. I got through a phone interview, had an in person interview a few weeks later. They asked some of the same questions over the phone and in person.

That was two months ago. They never contacted me again.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you has a disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Entergy (New Orleans, LA) in July 2011.

Interview

it was a long and drawn out process. I did several interviews and finally got the offer. I am not sure whatelse to add here. It was the normal process one can expect

Security Patch Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Entergy (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Relaxed, one on one with the team lead. Showed up, met in the lobby, taken to a conference room and had short discussion. Entire process laster about 30 minutes. I was offered the job on the spot and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Verified the facts of the resume, discussed schedule and off hours responsibilities and expectations.   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Entergy (New Orleans, LA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was very easy and quick. The process was very short. Just a couple quick questions about myself and the kind of work that i have done in the past. And what i am looking for in my next ideal position.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Entergy (The Woodlands, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of ~5 separate interviews and a lunch with four other recent employees. The work culture is excellent in my opinion. The managers who interviewed me had a firm grasp of the industry and gave me their own perspectives of the future in this area. This interview was entirely behavioral. Best way to prepare is to:
    1. List all interesting experiences.
    2. Think of how you can use these experiences to answer behavioral questions.
    3. List all technical projects and include technical jargon and mention any theory you know related to the topic at hand.

Auxiliary Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Entergy.

Interview

POSS test and a behavior based interview. I applied in March then was asked to take the POSS test in May. I got a call to come to an interview in June and started working at the end of July.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where safety was at risk and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This position is in the bargaining unit so everything is laid out in the union contract.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Entergy (Ruston, LA).

Interview

Spoke to one of the recruiters at a Career Fair at my university. Set up a one-on-one interview to take place in the Career Center at the university on the following day. Lasted roughly 30-45 minutes. This interview was more of an informal conversation rather than a stuffy, formal, or structured questioning. The recruiter was an Engineer representing the Hiring Manager at the time. He began explaining the specifics of the job, as well as his impressions of the people and atmosphere of the office (all positive). The questions were geared mostly toward items on my resume, as well as personal life and interests.

About two weeks later I received a phone call from the same recruiter saying that his manager would like to formally interview me at the location of the prospective job (3 hours away). My gas and hotel expenses would be reimbursed. I agreed.

The day of the interview, I met with the Hiring Manager, a supervisor in her group, as well as the recruiter. She asked some more formal questions, but mostly just wanted to get to know me as a person. They took me to lunch at a nice restaurant, toured me around the facility, and let me sit with some Engineers to see what the day-to-day was like. I accepted the position and scheduled my start date on the spot. It was a great experience!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because it was a nice offer with a signing bonus. Others may feel the need to negotiate if the starting salary does not meet their expectations. You may want to research the mean salary for that type of position so as to have a base salary in mind.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oswego, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Entergy (Oswego, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with couple of guys. They made me feel very comfortable. They asked typical behavioral questions. They gave me plenty of time to respond. They communicated well, when describing the role and letting me know what was expected of me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you had at work and how you dealt with that problem.   Answer Question