Entergy Nuclear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Entergy Nuclear Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.7

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear.

Interview

I was interviewed by the hiring supervisor and the engineering manager at the same time. Typical behavioral type questions. lasted about 1.5 hours. Took a while to get the interview set up and a lot of background checking to get access to the site.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to work with a group on a multi discipline project and had to take a leadership role. how did that turn out?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

2 quick rounds - one over the phone with two Sr Managers and 1 follow up with the hiring Sr manager. You need to be proactive with questions to them.

Interview Questions

• What is your level of experience with excel and provide case examples?   Answer Question

Reactor Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear.

Interview

I applied through their online career site. After about a week or so, I received a call from a hiring manager. He asked about my graduation date, and said that they were looking for a candidate that could start a couple months before I graduate. He asked me a few standard behavioral questions anyway. He mentioned that if I was graduating in time that he would bring me in for an in person interview, but he would keep me in mind if the position wasn't filled.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear.

Interview

POSS test, this seemed to weed out a lot of qualified candidates. Once I was told I passed, then interview occurred, I accepted the offer. From applying to start date took two months.

Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear.

Interview

It took months to hear from them... Terrible experience.... I had a great interview, they told me they'd contact me in 2-3 weeks, I didn't hear from them until 3 months later.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear (Jackson, MS) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied for one job, two months later ended up being interviewed for another (related) position. Standard phone interview with HR followed by a face-to-face where 2 of the 3 interviewers didn't show up. Interviewer stated that he already had a preferred candidate who, while less qualified, already knew their organization.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to come for Entergy, and myself, knowing that you were not my preferred candidate?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear.

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring Supervisor first, then an interview with approximately 5 people ranging from engineers to managers. The people were nice and the questions/interactions weren't anything unusual.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you failed and what you learned from it   Answer Question

Unit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

They contacted me to set-up my travel to their location. I drove to the location, processed through security, and was led to the interview room. Not all parties were available, so the interview went forward with only 2 interviewers. Only a few questions were related to the specific job. Other questions appeared to be set-up to judge my ability to deal with people.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would have any issues with being the boss of someone who was presently a co worker.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear.

Interview

The hiring process at a nuclear plant is far more intensive than most people would be used to. There are lengthy security and reference checks, as well as tons of training. The interview itself is typicall "behavior based" questions like: "tell me about a time when you saw a safety issue and how you handled it?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you saw a process not being followed and you had to "coach up" to a high level person. (Meaning, you saw an issue and had to report it to management, who had no noticed, or changed the situation yet)   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Entergy Nuclear (Jackson, MS) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied in June 2014 and was contacted in less than two weeks. Scheduled an interview at the headquarters in Jackson, MS with the Director of Nuclear Fuels two weeks after I was called. They payed for all travel expenses, including food and a rental car. The interview was with the Director as well as two other engineers. The interview was behavioral and there was not a lot of technical questions asked. They showed me around the office and introduced me to everyone who I potentially would have been working with. The four of us went to lunch afterwards. It was a pretty good experience. I was notified 10 days later I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time when you were interacting with a person, and reading their reactions caused you to alter your course of action.   Answer Question