Enterprise Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Enterprise Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Lombard, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process is 3 phases. First with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, then with the branch and area manager, and finally with the Regional VP. I was recruited from an online site where I had my resume posted.

The first 2 interviews went very well and lasted just under an hour. I was moved right along to the 2nd interview after meeting with the Talent Acquisition Specialist. Within hours of meeting with the branch and area manager, I was scheduled for my 3rd interview with the Regional VP. Basic questions pertaining to customer service and sales experience were asked to gauge if I was a good fit or not. There was also a lot of emphasis on where I see myself in 5 years and how much money I would like to be making. The 3rd interview, however, is where everything fell apart. The VP I interviewed with was quite rude towards me. He basically told me my schooling and qualifications didn't match the position, even though I was recruited through an online source and the previous 2 interviews went very well. He also said some things to me that were quite offensive and I felt he had a preconceived notion of who I was. Anything I said was wrong and he had something to say about it; there was no changing his view of me. His response to EVERY question I answered was, "What concerns me is..." and he would go on to demean me and/or offend me. One of the MANY things he said that really turned me off was, "You do smile a lot which is great. But how far in life can smiling really get you? Look up the term 'hard work' and learn something from that definition." Since when is smiling a bad thing? And maybe if he listened to anything I said instead of putting a negative spin on every question I answered, he would see that I have worked hard my entire life, at times working 2 full time jobs while going to school! He also told me I should have obtained a business degree of some sort as opposed to a liberal arts degree. Last I checked, I was there for an interview to potentially work for your company, not career advice on my past choices. I walked into my third interview feeling confident and left feeling like scum under someone's shoe. The "interview" felt more like a verbal abuse session from a man on a power trip.

Needless to say, the third interview left a really bad taste in my mouth about how the company operates, which is sad because my family, friends, and I have always had a good experience renting from Enterprise. I ended up not getting an offer, but would have turned it down because I don't believe in working for a man who gets off on talking down to others.

Interview Questions

• Where would you rate money in terms of how much you would like to make on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the most important?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Enterprise (Lombard, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring process really isn’t a process in Enterprise Rent A Car. My experience with enterprise is negative and interviewers were incompetent, unethical, untrained and unprofessional.
    I strongly feel that their hiring decision is more irrational and stereotypes.... etc...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (DeKalb, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. Scheduled an interview on the spot for the next week. Arrived at my interview about 10 minutes early but I wanted 15 minutes past my scheduled interview time. The interviewer was very polite and understanding.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had to utilize your sales experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Enterprise (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

First, they usually do a phone screen, which I got to skip. I had one in-person interview. After this, they sent me to a branch closest to me, to observe and converse with the employees for about 30 minutes, after which the district manager interviewed me. They told me I would be interviewing a fourth time, with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• "How competitive are you?" (on a scale of 1-10), in all of the interviews I've had.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Lombard, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The process took over a month. First I got an email to set up a call screening, then moved onto the first interview with the same person who called me. After that I had an interview at a local branch with the Area Manager, Branch Manager, and Assistant Branch manger. Everything seemed like it was going well but I haven't heard back after the second interview, even after following up with an email. I am disappointed that I didn't even hear back with a no offer at the least because the manager said they would get back to me within 24-48 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Enterprise (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

On campus interview. Interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. She explained a lot of the questions I had and overall was a very pleasant experience. Very good interview for someone without experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Enterprise (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process itself was quick. First I applied for the job through LinkedIn, and they inquired about me a month and a half later. First there was a phone interview, and if you did well you moved onto a second interview with an area manager. And the final interview was with a top manager after you got a tour of the facility and saw the daily routine of the intern.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you set a difficult goal and what did you do to achieve it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Enterprise (Downers Grove, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty straightforward four step process there's a phone screen, then a face to face interview with the recruiter, a two hour observation and screening at the potential location you Will be working at the last iinterview is with the regional vp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online.

Phone interview with a woman from HR. Pretty straightforward. She asked about my previous experience and why I was interested in this position.

First face to face interview was with the same woman from HR. Asked most of the same questions as over the phone, mostly about my previous experiences. She told me a lot about the company and why the Trainee program is so great. She seemed really interested in me, both over the phone and in person. Told me the next step would be an interview and observation of a local branch. Left with a great feeling.

Next face to face interview was at a local branch with that branch manager and the area manager. Met the assistant manager of the branch first and he was very happy and excited to talk to me about coming to work for the company. Both the branch manager and the area manager were happy and excited to talk to me as well. Asked about previous experience and for examples of dealing with customers, especially unhappy ones. Asked what motivated me in the workplace, and why I wanted this position. Both seemed to like me and what I had to say. They let me know that the next step would be a final interview face to face with the VP of HR. I left this interview with a great feeling too. Got a phone call an hour later confirming my interview with the VP of HR for a few days later.

Met with the VP of HR. He asked me for my impressions of the people I had met and about the interactions I had witnessed at the local branch. He asked if I still had any unanswered questions, and I didn't. Everyone had been great about answering my questions along the way.
    He asked if I would be okay with working the 7:30 am-6 pm hours 5 days a week and I confirmed that I would be. He then went on a tangent about how he hates when people take the job and then complain about the hours later when they had fair warning. The hours had been discussed with me in literally every interview (over the phone, with HR, the local and area managers and now the VP of HR and I think they were even listed on the job posting). He seemed really upset about the people who complain about the hours. I never indicated that I would have a problem with the hours so I was a little shocked that he seemed so upset.
    He then asked if I had a car or would be relying on public transportation. Since I live in the city of Chicago, I don't have my own car right now but I have full access to my aunt and uncle's car who also live in the city. I told him this information and then he went on another tangent about how it's not the company's fault if my career doesn't advance as fast as I want it to because I don't accept a promotion to a branch that isn't close to public transportation. I was shocked that he would assume that I would blame the company for that and explained to him that I am willing to buy a car if that is what it takes to help further my career. It was like he didn't hear me, didn't believe me, or didn't care because he basically repeated that I can't get upset if I turn down promotions because of lack of transportation. I left this final interview feeling horrible. I couldn't tell if this guy was trying to make the decision for me by assuming that I would complain about the hours and turn down promotions based on not having a car. He also did most of the talking in this interview which was another sign of trouble, seeing as most interviews are about getting to know me as a person and a professional and finding out if I would be the right fit for the company.

I got an email a few days later saying thanks for interviewing with us but we're unable to offer you a position.

I am still very confused as to what exactly happened. The interview with HR and the interview with the local and area branch managers all seemed to go very smoothly. We all got along really well, they seemed to have liked what I had to say in response to their questions. And then the final interview everything went upside down.
    He did all the talking. And it honestly felt like a lecture. I was shocked. Before that interview I was positive I would be getting an offer. After that interview, I don't know how to feel.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to reach a personal sales goal.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work as a team to reach a sales goal.   Answer Question
    • What motivates you in the workplace?   Answer Question

Reservation Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

applied online on the company website, took a week to hear from the hiring managers, an assessment test, included math test, technology questions, behavioral, role play test.
    scheduled an interview, the interviewer was nice enough to educate you to have a cheat sheet and resume in front of you.
    Initial Interview from enterprise manager, email from the manager not to consider me for the position.