Enterprise Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.8

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (North Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Went in for an interview and thought it went well, but ended up not being chosen for a second interview. Most of the questions were about leadership and sales experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Enterprise (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Average interview. Think you should study for it. Very competitive. However the interview is very doable. They don't expect you to have much experience. Great company and it is certainly something to be prepared for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Lombard, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process is 3 phases. First with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, then with the branch and area manager, and finally with the Regional VP. I was recruited from an online site where I had my resume posted.

The first 2 interviews went very well and lasted just under an hour. I was moved right along to the 2nd interview after meeting with the Talent Acquisition Specialist. Within hours of meeting with the branch and area manager, I was scheduled for my 3rd interview with the Regional VP. Basic questions pertaining to customer service and sales experience were asked to gauge if I was a good fit or not. There was also a lot of emphasis on where I see myself in 5 years and how much money I would like to be making. The 3rd interview, however, is where everything fell apart. The VP I interviewed with was quite rude towards me. He basically told me my schooling and qualifications didn't match the position, even though I was recruited through an online source and the previous 2 interviews went very well. He also said some things to me that were quite offensive and I felt he had a preconceived notion of who I was. Anything I said was wrong and he had something to say about it; there was no changing his view of me. His response to EVERY question I answered was, "What concerns me is..." and he would go on to demean me and/or offend me. One of the MANY things he said that really turned me off was, "You do smile a lot which is great. But how far in life can smiling really get you? Look up the term 'hard work' and learn something from that definition." Since when is smiling a bad thing? And maybe if he listened to anything I said instead of putting a negative spin on every question I answered, he would see that I have worked hard my entire life, at times working 2 full time jobs while going to school! He also told me I should have obtained a business degree of some sort as opposed to a liberal arts degree. Last I checked, I was there for an interview to potentially work for your company, not career advice on my past choices. I walked into my third interview feeling confident and left feeling like scum under someone's shoe. The "interview" felt more like a verbal abuse session from a man on a power trip.

Needless to say, the third interview left a really bad taste in my mouth about how the company operates, which is sad because my family, friends, and I have always had a good experience renting from Enterprise. I ended up not getting an offer, but would have turned it down because I don't believe in working for a man who gets off on talking down to others.

Interview Questions

• Where would you rate money in terms of how much you would like to make on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the most important?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Enterprise (Lombard, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring process really isn’t a process in Enterprise Rent A Car. My experience with enterprise is negative and interviewers were incompetent, unethical, untrained and unprofessional.
    I strongly feel that their hiring decision is more irrational and stereotypes.... etc...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (DeKalb, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. Scheduled an interview on the spot for the next week. Arrived at my interview about 10 minutes early but I wanted 15 minutes past my scheduled interview time. The interviewer was very polite and understanding.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had to utilize your sales experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Enterprise (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

First, they usually do a phone screen, which I got to skip. I had one in-person interview. After this, they sent me to a branch closest to me, to observe and converse with the employees for about 30 minutes, after which the district manager interviewed me. They told me I would be interviewing a fourth time, with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• "How competitive are you?" (on a scale of 1-10), in all of the interviews I've had.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Lombard, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The process took over a month. First I got an email to set up a call screening, then moved onto the first interview with the same person who called me. After that I had an interview at a local branch with the Area Manager, Branch Manager, and Assistant Branch manger. Everything seemed like it was going well but I haven't heard back after the second interview, even after following up with an email. I am disappointed that I didn't even hear back with a no offer at the least because the manager said they would get back to me within 24-48 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Enterprise (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

On campus interview. Interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. She explained a lot of the questions I had and overall was a very pleasant experience. Very good interview for someone without experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Enterprise (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process itself was quick. First I applied for the job through LinkedIn, and they inquired about me a month and a half later. First there was a phone interview, and if you did well you moved onto a second interview with an area manager. And the final interview was with a top manager after you got a tour of the facility and saw the daily routine of the intern.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you set a difficult goal and what did you do to achieve it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Enterprise (Downers Grove, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty straightforward four step process there's a phone screen, then a face to face interview with the recruiter, a two hour observation and screening at the potential location you Will be working at the last iinterview is with the regional vp