Enterprise Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Enterprise Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Enterprise (Lombard, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

I filled out a long online application, followed by a phone interview, followed by several in-person interviews all across the city and suburbs. They scheduled an interview in a location that was two hours from my town just to spend about 30 seconds with me before scheduling another interview on a different day in a different town.

Interview Questions

• How competitive are you?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about sacrificing time with your family and friends for work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeview, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Enterprise (Bridgeview, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

My interview was different, I asked all of the questions. The recruiter was pretty friendly and somewhat of an A.H, but a cool A.H. They do want you to be confident and that you are driven by competition because thats really what the job is about.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Suburban, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (South Suburban, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from the HR man for Chicago. He asked a few simple customer service questions and where do I want to be in five years. We set up and interview together a few days later. There I had a 30 minute interview and at the end of it he told me what I did wrong because he "liked me." I then had my next interview at an actual Enterprise location. I shadowed them for a half an hour, got a tour, and then had an interview with the woman who was the branch manager. I got by the end of the week from the original HR man who said he and the branch manager really liked me, but they were going with another candidate. He said they never call people to reject them, but he wanted to call me because he wanted me to apply again in six months.

Interview Questions

• What did you want to do before this?
      When was a time you were competitive?
      You don't seem like the type of person for this position. Prove to me I'm wrong.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

ERAC called me up after seeing my resume on an online job site and asked me several questions about my post graduate plans. I told them I was interested in the job, but I was not impressed with the strict starting salary of 32k/yr even with extensive sales experience. However, I went in for the 1:1 interview with a young lady who was very cool and sold the job as well. I got excited and did some research on the company. The next interview was an observation and 1:1 with the area manager. I was not pleased with the hours the workers work for the pay, over 60 hours weekly. The job did not look that stressful, but I interviewed with the area manager and she like me a lot. Next I interviewed with the VP of the region and he offered me a job.

Interview Questions

After careful consideration and being offered another entry level position for 45k/yr I declined the offer. The job seemed to demanding and difficult for upward mobility. Some say they have been working for a couple years in the same position, one lady has been there for 10 years!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

First interview was a phone screen with a recruiter, she asked basic questions and then scheduled a time for us to meet in person for another interview. Second interview was 1 on 1 with the recruiter pretty much the same questions at the end she told me what salary would be plus benefits package. Third interview I was suppose to shadow a branch manager then interview with the district manager. When I showed up the branch manager just interviewed me while taking breaks to answer phones and such. Then the district manager came in and interviewed me. I tried to take notes but she told me to put my notepad away. She was pretty much talked me out of the job. She said I would move to four different location within the first year with no chance of better pay for at least a year. I told her I didn't have a car and she said I would need one after the first four months to do the job. Luckily I had another offer with a different company so I did not set up the final interview with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you sold to a customer who was reluctant and how did you turn them around?   Answer Question
    • If you are still in the same position this time next year, working long hours, low pay, on the bottom of the performance matrix why would you still want to work here?   Answer Question

Low pay, relocating 4 times within a year and long hours. Not to mention five interviews for a job that doesn't pay much is ridiculous. They might do well for you if you stick with them for five years but I would look elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Enterprise (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Three interviews with HR, Recruiter, and Area Manager. I met at each of their offices in the Chicago land area. We generally discussed college activities such as sports, fraternity, college clubs, etc. This is entry level so its more to uncover your personally and if your willing to compete to make them as much money as possible. It was a fun process of meeting the staff because they were open and honest about the process. Your direct manager will test you to see if you can survive and that's the hardest part of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ERAC?   1 Answer

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alsip, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise (Alsip, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It starts off with a phone screening before you have three interviews. One with the companies recruiter, second is with an area manager, and the third and most intimidating interview is with the regional Vice President. They were all under 30 minutes and each interview was about one week apart. I received a phone call for my first interview the day after I applied online.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the challenges you find with sales, and how are you going to overcome your challenges here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

In person interview with hr, it was basically a screening. Second interview with area manager(the main interview). Third interview with regional VP(pretty chill). Got my offer the day after the third interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Concrete offer of 45k no negotiation

Sales Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Enterprise (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

The interviews were very straightforward, they wanted to know if how you felt about customer relations and the process of selling was what they were looking for. They want competitive people who will work to move up within the company who are customer oriented.

Interview Questions

I accepted an offer with a different company that I felt was more related to my current goals/

Sales Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Lombard, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process is 3 phases. First with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, then with the branch and area manager, and finally with the Regional VP. I was recruited from an online site where I had my resume posted.

The first 2 interviews went very well and lasted just under an hour. I was moved right along to the 2nd interview after meeting with the Talent Acquisition Specialist. Within hours of meeting with the branch and area manager, I was scheduled for my 3rd interview with the Regional VP. Basic questions pertaining to customer service and sales experience were asked to gauge if I was a good fit or not. There was also a lot of emphasis on where I see myself in 5 years and how much money I would like to be making. The 3rd interview, however, is where everything fell apart. The VP I interviewed with was quite rude towards me. He basically told me my schooling and qualifications didn't match the position, even though I was recruited through an online source and the previous 2 interviews went very well. He also said some things to me that were quite offensive and I felt he had a preconceived notion of who I was. Anything I said was wrong and he had something to say about it; there was no changing his view of me. His response to EVERY question I answered was, "What concerns me is..." and he would go on to demean me and/or offend me. One of the MANY things he said that really turned me off was, "You do smile a lot which is great. But how far in life can smiling really get you? Look up the term 'hard work' and learn something from that definition." Since when is smiling a bad thing? And maybe if he listened to anything I said instead of putting a negative spin on every question I answered, he would see that I have worked hard my entire life, at times working 2 full time jobs while going to school! He also told me I should have obtained a business degree of some sort as opposed to a liberal arts degree. Last I checked, I was there for an interview to potentially work for your company, not career advice on my past choices. I walked into my third interview feeling confident and left feeling like scum under someone's shoe. The "interview" felt more like a verbal abuse session from a man on a power trip.

Needless to say, the third interview left a really bad taste in my mouth about how the company operates, which is sad because my family, friends, and I have always had a good experience renting from Enterprise. I ended up not getting an offer, but would have turned it down because I don't believe in working for a man who gets off on talking down to others.

Interview Questions

• Where would you rate money in terms of how much you would like to make on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the most important?   1 Answer