Enterprise Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017
3,436 Interview Reviews

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton Park, NY

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Clifton Park, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I felt that the 2nd interview in the process was thorough in letting me know what skills were expected for the job and total hours/week commitment. I do feel the interview process is rather lengthy but I realize they are concerned about only allowing the best people to work for them.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Three Steps: 1) Phone Interview 2) Area Manager Interview (Local Branch) 3) Regional Vice President Interview (Newburg, about an hour away) Some of the things each interview had in common was the topic about motivation, leadership, customer service, and they talk about salary, benefits, and hours. Phone Interview is more of a screening to see if you would fit and they let you know if you pass or not at the end of the call. Pretty standard questions you can have a guidance sheet for reference to be a little easier. Once you pass you go to a local branch to meet with the area manager and you have to show up an hr early to do an observation and fill out the paperwork sent to you. Then you have an interview with the manager (~40mins) they want you to be focused on customer service and sales. They explain the matrix and ask you where you think you would fall. After you pass you meet the regional vp. This one was more thoughtful. Come in prepared! He wants to see someone confident and sure of themselves. Use words like "I know..." not "I think I can". He wants someone who is competitive, interested in running a business. He asks a bit about of sales. No experience is needed but he has to see you are interested.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is important in sales?   Answer Question
    • What are the things that we sell?   1 Answer
    • What is leadership to you?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • Sometimes the customer is not always right, tell me about a situation in which this was the case for you and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Do you consider yourself to be competitive? Give me a situation in where you prove this.   Answer Question

Sales Management Traine Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Enterprise (Lincoln, NE) in March 2017.

Interview

First was a brief phone screening, only four basic questions. One "was why did I seek out the position?" Then in-person interview. It relied heavily on behavioral questions and situational questions. Nothing too tough if you are prepared.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied at a job fair at my university followed by a phone interview. The person I spoke to on the phone asked if I was still looking for employment with Enterprise and offered a one on one interview at a later date

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise in March 2017.

Interview

1 phone screening and 3 face-to-face interviews after the phone screening. The phone screening is just to make sure you don't have any DUI/DWI record, more than 1 moving violation within the last 3 years, license, etc. All face-to-face interviews were based on customer service.. "tell me about a time"..."give me an example when".. there is also questions about leadership.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Enterprise (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn by a recruiter. Had a brief phone interview, went well, had an inperson interview with the recruiter and that went really well. He was very personable, and made you feel comfortable, like you could be real and have a conversation. He did ask the questions like "describe what your hardest sale was" "your biggest obstacle and how did you overcome" and so on... he then at the end told me he wanted to set up an interview with a branch. He told me this would be an observation and another interview at the end. I went to the branch, the observation was lame to say the least. The branch had one customer the hour I was there, there was one phone call the hour I was there. The assistant manager was very friendly and did try her "best" to make me feel comfortable and show me the little bit of stuff she could. I wouldn't say it was really an observation though as nothing was going on. She showed me around the building, 15 minutes after we both stood awkwardly by a computer waiting for the interview. The candidate who was interviewing after me walked into the branch and that was awkward as well for all of us. The interview process was 2:1 and was hell. I almost walked out of the interview. The manager was asking extremely personal questions and trying to get me to knock my current employer. He asked me if I thought I could improve in my sales and I told him that I could, as you always can improve, then turned the question around and made it seem like I am unmotivated, asking "why don't you reach out to the university you graduated from as they have resources to improve your earning potential?" Asked me questions as to how I address problems at my workplace, then asked me when I was honest with them as to "why I feel like I can't openly talk to my manager/boss" This interview even went so personal to discuss my student loan debt and why I would not go for my masters. For an employer and business who supposedly values customer service, their management does not know how to not offend someone. I was so happy the interview was over and I went into my car and cried my eyes out. I do not know where I stand with the process, but I shot an email over to the recruiter and let him know I do not want to continue the interviewing process (as there is another one if offered) and that I am no longer interested in the position, and thanked him for his time. You go to college and get a four year degree so you avoid being talked down to, unfortunately, this was not the case. I will be taking even my business elsewhere in the future. Run. Don't let these people walk all over you for $15 an hour.

Interview Questions

• "Why did it take you so long to finish college?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Erie, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received phone call a couple weeks later to schedule an interview. The interview was one of the strangest I had taken part in. They were singularly concerned with the answers to their formulaic questions, and nothing else whatsoever. Combat veteran, dont care. Retired Marine, so what. Cum Laude in Economics and History, whats that? You never dealt with an angry customer? Oh no, can't rent out cars. I haven't worked in sales or service industry since McDonalds 16 years ago, and was obviously not in a position to even answer many of the questions asked. Mixture of relief and anger when it was over.

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

Had two interviews then did not get third interview. The people who interviewed with were very friendly and the enviroment seemed like a fit. The observation part of the interview really shows you the day to day of job responsibilities.

Detailer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise.

Interview

First step, over the phone. Then an in person interview. Nothing special. Simple process with simple questions. After that, received call next day and was offered position. I was happy with the overall process and simplicity.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific. Questions related to being responsible, on time, efficient, etc.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Enterprise.

Interview

It is a three interview process, you will have three face to face interview, one with the recruit, then the next with the area manager and then the next is with the vp.