Enterprise Management Trainee Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Enterprise Management Trainee Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Enterprise

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Enterprise (Wichita, KS) in August 2008.

Interview

It took me so long to get interviewed by Enterprise and then the offer was declined. First I met a recruiter at my college's career fair. Then after couple months, I got a surprising phone call at night. Unfortunately, it was a phone interview. After couple months, I recieved an invitation for a 1 on 1 job interview. That was the day for one of my final exam. I told the interviewer about it, and asked her for a different interview date. She sent me a letter in mail saying my application was denied. Later that day, I called the recruiter I met initially and told him about the situation. He called after couple days saying I my interview is scheduled and that I am invited to come at the human resource department of Enterprise. I went there and had a decent interview experience. I also told him how eager I was to get this job offer and that I have been waiting for these many months for this day. Later that day, I received an email saying the offer was denied. I sent him an email again asking why. He said that I did not answer the sales question correctly. In the interview when he asked a sales question, I answered perfectly. I replied him again what was so wrong about my sales question's answer. The interviewer has still not sent me reply. It has been a year since these events happend.

The interviewer denied me the offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Rockford, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Originally interviewed with ERAC my sophomore year to obtain the summer internship and they put me through all the interviews only to tell me they can't hire me since I'm a only sophomore. I applied my junior year again as a back up position. I went through all of the interviews (3) again and was offered the position but I later declined. The first interview is with the regional recruiter. A screening interview. They'll ask you about your work experience, specifically any experience in sales, and will ask you why you want to work for them and what you know about the company. Fairly easy interview if you're prepared and have good experience to talk about. If you make it to the second interview, it's with a branch manager - most likely the manager you'll work for. Pretty much the same questions, a lot of behavioral based questions (If you were in this situation, what would you do?). They really want to hear you want to work for them for the rest of your life. Last interview was with the branch manager's boss. Slightly laid back, but still some pressing questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your 5 to 10 year goals.   1 Answer
    • Do you think the customer is always right?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for ERAC?   1 Answer

I declined because they wanted an answer WAY too early (January 3) for a summer position. I had other interviews in the next two months with higher pay and better full time opportunities. When I asked the branch manager how much I would be paid, he replied with "What's minimum wage these days?" - a big turn off.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Miami, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

It was a good experience, first met with HR recruiter and informed the person of what i have done.
    Next interview was with the area manager that i was going to work for.
    Next interview was with the regional vp and i thought that he was just trying to inform me of how i could grow if i proformed

Interview Questions

• One a scale of 1-10 how good of a sales rep are you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Danbury, CT) in April 2012.

Interview

Straight forward, applied online, Recruiter reached out, Phone interview, Face-to-face interview...lots of good questions involving behavioral stuff, inquired about past jobs, competitive nature (vital), customer service experience

Interview Questions

• Your resume is very impressive, however It is not as extensive as some applicants, how would you compare yourself to these applicants?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. you get the base pay that they specify

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise.

Interview

It takes four interviews for the usual. You do a phone interview, area manager and regional rental manager, branch manager and branch visit.

Interview Questions

• What leadership qualities do you have?
      Describe your management style.
      Why do you deserve this job   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Enterprise.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a college career fair and gave her my resume. She was impressed and encouraged me to fill out an online application. I did so and she emailed me a few days later to interview with her at the regional office. She asked questions like "how did you handle an upset customer" and "name a time that you went above and beyond". This interview felt more like a conversation with an old friend. At the end of this interview, she said she wanted me to interview with the Area Manager. She called me later with the time, date, and place of my next interview.

I arrived at the branch and observed what a typical day is like. Be sure to pay attention because the Area Manager asked me questions about what I observed. After observations, I set down with the Branch Manager and we talked about how sales work at Enterprise and he gave me a tour of the Branch. After this, I interviewed with the Area Manager. When I say this was the hardest interview I ever had, believe me! The Area Manager was very quick with the questions and gave me no time to think. So it's good to prepare yourself with several "name a time" questions before the interview. Overall, it was a great interviewing experience and it made me a stronger interviewer. The recruiter called me two days later to offer me the position :)

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to give a co-worker some bad news   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Knoxville, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

Talked at a career fair at my university, she emailed me some available times to come interview and I picked. The recruiter was very nice when I arrived at the corporate office..but she conveniently left out some MAJOR details at the job fair..when I got to the corporate office one of the first things she told me was, "this internship is very competitive, there is only one position available for the the entire area (2 branches) and I have been interviewing people back to back all week". That sort of made me feel like I was wasting my time right off the bat. I knew right away even if I knocked this interview out of the park, it would be a long shot to receive an offer. During the interview, she changed gears big time telling me about the job description. At the career fair she made it out to be like it job of all jobs for people looking to get into the corporate world, experience in marketing, finance, accounting, I will be making crucial business decisions, ect. and during the interview she was basically like you will eat, breath, and sleep SALES and CUSTOMER SERVICE. She made that very clear. She told me verbatim that it was going to be about 70% working the "front line" and 30% doing some behind the scenes stuff. I definitely feel like the job is not as advertised.

Also, I have been in my neighborhood Enterprise RAC with my family looking to rent a van for vacation. I remember the guy that we talked to had sweat literally rolling off his face and I was thinking, why is this guy working the counter profusely sweating? Oh that's right, you'll also find out that you will be washing cars in long sleeves and ties during the middle of the summer.

I also feel that the interviewing process is definitely overkill for an "entry level" job. If you tell people that you are driving to Knoxville (2 hour drive) for an interview at a corporate office, then interview at a local branch, and then back to Knoxville for a third interview they will think you are interviewing for something like the President of a bank, and when you tell them no, it's for a job renting and washing cars in a suit, you will probably be laughed out of the room.

Enterprise certainly thinks too highly of the Management Trainee Program, must have a 4 year degree to sit for interview. Come on, any high school graduate could do this job, but they have so many applicants from where they sell the "this is your key to corporate success" idea. I would not try to get the Management Trainee full time job. With a 4 year business degree, you can find something wayyyyyy better than a Mon-Sat job 40-55 hour a week job that barely breaks the $30,000 a year mark. I just wanted the internship 10 week internship for some resume padding. Still waiting for a response from my recruiter, but my hopes aren't up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you motivated someone to do something they didn't want to do.
      Tell me a time when you went above and beyond with a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Tempe, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview lasting 20 minutes with HR person. Had a one on one interview with someone in HR. Shadowed the branch I would be working in for an hour then had an interview with three managers (one of which being the VP of car rentals in AZ). Had to dress business professional the entire time. The second interview started with watching a brief video about the organization (it was very motivating actually).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an irrate customer and the steps you took to calm them down and help them out.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Interview

First, I had a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty straight forward. After the phone interview, I was asked to go to their corporate office to interview with the HR person there. Once that was completed, there was a branch observation where I went to watch how they operated. That same day, I interviewed with the area manager

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation which shows your competitiveness in a sales position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

One phone interview, two face-to-face interviews, with the first being 30 min. and the second being an hour and a half. First one was pretty straight forward but the second interview was much more in depth and high-pressure. IF you read the mission statement and research the site a bit it shouldn't be too difficult. Be confident and relax. Smile and be yourself.