Enterprise Manager In Training Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Enterprise Manager In Training Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2016

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Enterprise (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received an email which set up the phone interview.
Interview was straightforward asking questions about your resume and questions like why do you want to work for enterprise, or what made you pick enterprise

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Enterprise (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2012.

Interview

A very easy and rewarding process. Very precise and organized. They are looking for great people to work for a great company. Be ready for tough questions and be professional. WEAR A SUIT!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your professional career in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, clear, and cut

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Enterprise (Plano, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

The Enterprise Management in Training Interview Process was a fairly easy one. During my first interview, I met with the recruiter and she asked a question or two about my sales experience, customer service experience, and leadership experience. She explained a bit of the job description to me and focused on the competitive aspect of it, saying that each trainee is ranked amongst their peers in regards to sales, customer service, and two other categories. I had an observation of a branch in the area and met with an assistant branch manager and a manager in training. Both were friendly and told me that they loved working for Enterprise, but neither one sounded too convincing. In the second interview, I met with a branch manager and an area manager where they asked me some questions along the same lines as the first interview. When asked what my dream job was, I answered a bit too truthfully and that swayed the interview in a negative direction. All in all, from my impression, employees put in a minimum of 55 hours a week for a not so competitive pay. They push the idea of being able to move up quickly, noticing that basically everyone I met with was under 30 (I could only assume that they have a pretty high turnover rate with so many young people). Friendly people and environment, but unless you enjoy sitting behind a desk for 12 hours and dealing with usually perturbed customers that need to rent a car, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Enterprise (Enfield, CT) in January 2012.

Interview

So I applied online for the Management in Training Program. After 3 days I got an email that they want to schedule a phone interview, I replied with 3 possible days and hours, got an email back agreeing on one of those days and hour. I did my research on this website to see what they might ask me. Compared to other people, she asked me all the questions you would get on a one-on-one interview. First she did not have my resume in front of her, because she asked me if I have a bachelors degree. Duh, I would have not applied if I did not have one - I did not say that to her obvious.
    The she started with what you like about your job, what you dislike about your job, have you been in a leader position, have you been in a position to give bad news to someone, have you ever went above and beyond for a customer. And for all of these questions and a few other to give examples.
    Since I don't have that much work experience, and I was working at the time of the interview as a volunteer, I guess they did not like that. So I got an email 3 days after the interview that they rejected me. But it did not bother me cause in the mean time I found a job.
    The lady I talked to was in a hurry, and did not seem that interested listening to me. She talked really fast and it gave me the impression that she wants to get over the interview as fast as she can.
    I really don't understand what they want from someone that graduated and has limited work experience and a couple of positions as a leader. The hole interview seemed pretty superficial. Maybe, they should list in their job posting that they want experienced people, that will be willing to work for pennies. And those interested in something entry level position, not to waste their time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Enterprise (Pomona, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

The phone interview is more or less just giving you, the prospect, information about the position, company, and interview. Questions were asked but not really considered. The 1:1 was difficult (for me) because it was late afternoon, the interviewer was clearly not in the mood when she finally got around to interviewing me (her last candidate) 30 minutes after our scheduled time, and the questions were tougher than I expected considering I had the phone interview Wednesday and was asked to come in the next day. Although it's a "management" position THEY REALLY WANT SALESPEOPLE. I thought this was funny considering I have NEVER been sold, or attemped to have been sold to, by an Enterprise employee and I have used them often! My impression is that they are only interested in NEW, YOUNG GRADS who are just starting their careers. If you are an older new grad, I'd advise you to disguise it somewhat in your resume and responses if you're younger looking.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time you overcame an objection? HINT: The interviewer was testy when I didn't answer the way she wanted so keep it brief, even if you feel you havent explained fully just wait to be prompted for more information.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pawtucket, RI

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Enterprise (Pawtucket, RI) in October 2011.

Interview

I had two of three interviews so far. The company seems like it would be an okay place to work, but got different stories from each person. Was told two different salaries from the two people I interviewed with. They seemed confused and like they were hiring a lot of people just to see who works out.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted your former employer, what would they say a weakness of yours was?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Enterprise (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online through the ERAC website. Withing one day I received a phone call from the recruiter. We did the first interview right there and then. She confirmed experience off of my resume, and then asked me about personal attributes, such as why I believed I would excel in sales and to describe my leadership style.

She immediately said she would like to have a follow-up interview, but since I was currently not living in Utah, she would skip the first 1 on 1 interview and have a more in-depth phone interview with me again. This interview consisted of more in-depth questions about personal experiences dealing with erratic customers, and sales techniques. She also asked what my three best attributes were and then asked if I had any questions about the company. (Always have questions for the company. I see this all too often that people have no questions. You may as well kick your butt out the door). Following that she said she would forward my info to the area manager for an in-person interview.

Later that day, I received a call from the area manager asking when would be convenient for me to meet with her, since I lived out of state. I set it up for the following week. This interview was a branch observation with the Branch Manager and then a 1 on 1 with the Manager and Area Manager. Same questions as before with the interview. They have a sheet to read their questions off of, so everyone gets the same questions. Just be up beat, especially through-out the Branch Observation. Don't ask too many questions, but observe. THAT'S WHAT YOUR THERE FOR!! Everyone will most likely be busy, so joke around with them. Set a good vibe and be friendly and out-going. That's what they are looking for. You will be with these people for much of your daily life, they want to know you won't kill each other. Plus, you go out after work and party and play with these people.

Immediately after the 1 on 1 interview, the area manager took my aside, asked if I was interested still, and said she would like to get me into the last interview as soon as possible. The following day I had an interview with the Regional Manager. Very sales oriented. Not only do you need to be out-going and friendly, but stern and very confident. This is without a doubt a sales company. You have to be. If your going to be successful in sales, you need to be extremely social, out-going, confident, and thick-skinned. If you are these attributes, and you show them, you WILL get the job, if not, why are you here?

Immediately after the interview, the regional manager stated normally he would call you back if you get the job, but was impressed. I had stated all of his beliefs and aspirations for managers in-training throughout our interview. He offered me the job on the spot, pending a background check.

IMPORTANT!!!!- There are many sites around here bashing this company. Long hours?!?!? I worked in professional athletics and in a coal mine for 5 years of my life. In athletics you are working 72 hours a week for minimum wage and no overtime! In a coal mine you are working 60-80 hours a week, swing and grave shifts, in manual labor. This is what any sales job will be. If your looking for a 9-5 with no more than 40 hours and only willing to do the minimum to get by, go work at wal-mart. There is a reason this country is going to crap.

Interview Questions

• How are you a leader? What makes a a leader for our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Starting is 32,700 with 8 hours overtime per week worked in, for you will work a minimum of 48 hrs per week. The Salt Lake area is strict about only working 48hrs. $1000 dollar bonus after 6-8 months if you pass a training interview. Dozens of other bonuses. Looking at 35000 a year if you put in any work at all

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone interview. Check!

First Interview: 1 hour. Nice woman that gave me advice for second interview. Check! (Many questions about overcoming adversity and why I am going to be the man at the company.)

Second Interview: 1 hour 45 min. Intense grilling again. This interview like the last was conducted by a 9 year veteran who clearly loved their job.

Third Interview: I actually was late because I had the wrong time. The area manager hardly gave any time to what I thought was the end of my run at employment. Instead she told me stories about how she missed an interview with a client, and she also made me feel at ease. All three people that interviewed me were woman, and they were all very serious. I actually found it very challenging to win these woman over, but once they knew I was authentic, they let their guard down.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about washing cars in your suite even though you spent 60,00 on college?   1 Answer
    • Why are you going to do so well here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them that I was there to learn and become a great manager, I said they should pay me whatever they want, but once I move past the MT phase, I said I had every intention on making a great living.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brattleboro, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Brattleboro, VT) in January 2011.

Interview

First, I got a call to schedule a phone interview. We set that up. On the day of, I was prepared and ready to go about ten minutes before out scheduled time. She called about ten minutes late. Other than that, it was pretty easy. They reconfirm that you have a driver's license, can work in the US and are ok with 48+ hours a week and a crappy salary. She asked maybe 5-6 questions about past experiences. "Explain a time when you had to do something extra for a customer." "Tell me about a time when you were successful." That sort of thing. I "passed" and we set up a one-on-one interview in her office. This is when I learned that her office was 2+ hours away from the town I live in (and where the job I was applying for would have been). I decided to go anyway, even though I was not SO excited about the job.

I drove two hours in crappy weather. I was ten minutes early and then she made me sit in a really crappy/rundown/cheap looking reception area for about half an hour or more. There was no clock, but it was definitely well after our scheduled interview time. Again, it was pretty easy. She was really friendly and honest. More of the same types of questions, with more sort of "oh, you were really busy in college, huh? Didn't you get stressed out?!" I thought I did really well. We talked a little bit about the hours because I have a baby, and she said there was another option. There is a position called "CAR" (Customer Assistance Representative or something) that is forty hours a week. She said she'd like to move me forward in the interview process, but that I should think about what I want to do. She gave me the name of the manager at the store where I would actually have been working and told me to get in touch with her. This was Monday, she told me to call her back on Wednesday if I was still interested. She said that her cell phone and email were the best ways to get in touch with her.

I called the store in my town, but the manager was at a different store for the day. I called the store she was at and talked to her for a little bit. She seemed really busy and kept putting me on hold, but seemed sweet and friendly. She seemed to like me, too, and seemed fine with doing the CAR position rather than the manager training. I called the recruiting manager back on Wednesday, midday. I left her a message, since she didn't answer. I didn't hear back, so I called again in the afternoon, a few minutes before five and left another message. On Friday I sent her an email. I still had not heard anything back on like Wednesday of the following week and called and left another message. I still didn't hear anything back for another few days. Sometime in the middle of the third week I got a random, REALLY poorly written email. We are talking misspelled words and incoherent sentences! Part of it seemed form and part personal, but just sloppy and totally careless. Anyway, she basically said that "due to circumstance in the region and the weather" that she was unable to get back to me and the had already hired someone else, who they apparently WERE able to "get back to".

That's the part that really got me. How can someone who can't write a complete, coherent, properly spelled sentence have this sort of job and I have been job hunting for four months!? Also, we live in New England! The weather is never an excuse for anything.

Anyway, I was definitely not impressed and will probably be happier somewhere else, when I find something.

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (South Bend, IN) in November 2010.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter interested in my resume and she set up a phone interview for the following week. The phone interview was very sales driven and I was asked multiple questions about my sales experience. After that I was set up for a 1:1 interview with the recruiter. That interview dove into my resume a little more and was short and sweet. I was given a folder explaining the pay and benefits and was scheduled for an interview with the branch manager and area manager. I took a tour of the office and learned the processes and had a very short question and answer session. At the end of this, I was scheduled for an interview with the district manager which was a very tough interview where they lay it all out there on the line. You should answer these questions truthfully so you can be assured you will be as good as a fit for the company as they will be for you. The culture is very sales driven and wants you to be a competitive person.

Interview Questions

• Why should we keep interviewing you when we have all these other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are no negotiations, you take what they give you and that is what they give everyone.