Enterprise Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.9

130 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise (White Plains, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Just to get this straight, you are not interviewing for a management role in any sense of the word. This is a sales job, it has absolutely nothing to do with management. You will be working 11-12 hours a day. You will not be salaried, you are paid by the hour. I think they call the position manager bc you are managing yourself. Literally everyone is a manager that works there. If you are over the age of 27 don't apply, you will be wasting your time. They want young kids fresh out of college, preferably with out responsibilities outside of work (kids, spouse etc)
A tip to keep in mind: Everyone in upper management is greedy, they want to know that you will make them money. If you do well, they will do well in their pocket book. So tell them you are motivated by money, they will eat that up bc they are the same way. Don't be humble, be a d**k. Tell them you are competitive and assertive. If you aren't really it doesn't matter, just lie, talk yourself up. Stress the fact that you want to invest 20 plus years into enterprise and that you want to move up in the company. If at anytime they tell you the have to "convene with the higher up manager to schedule the next interview" you are screwed. That is the kiss of death, be ready for the "going on with other candidates" email. If they like you, they will set up the next interview immediately before you leave.

1st interview is super easy standard questions with talent manager.
2nd interview and shadowing - This is make or break. pour on the charm and stress that you are motivated by money and competition. I could tell during my shadowing portion of the interview that they are unenthused with their job. I mean I don't blame them, you will be renting cars for 11 -12 hours a day. Can you say monotonous?
3rd interview - you're basically hired! the RVP will be a complete d**k about your past accomplishments or work history. Literally anything you are proud of that you've done, he/she will take a s**t on. They do this on purpose to see if you can handle it. I have been in panel interviews for law enforcement...they do the same thing to see if you will lose your cool. Just maintain your composure and smile. Stress the same things that you are motivated by the all mighty dollar. They will smell through your BS (i mean who really wants to work 60 hours a day renting cars) they've had the job they know it sucks, they want to know you will embrace the suck to make it to area manager or rental manager one day.

Keep in mind this company has super high turn over. If you can hold a conversation, can work 55 -60 hours a week, own a suit and have your degree, you will be hired. Just be clean cut and don't be late. Fake it if you aren't an extrovert. Sell yourself and you'll be the newest manager trainee at enterprise.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise.

Interview

First a phone interview. Asked 3 questions. Do you have a Bachelor's Degree?, Did you graduated? Do you have a Driver's License? After a week I got a call for my second interview at the HR department for the following week. After 10 days I had an interview with the Area Manager and have the shadowing. Ended up having the interview. Latest almost 2 hours. After another week I had my fourth Interview with the Rental Area Manager which lasted 5 minutes. No questions ask. I had to keep having a conversation and asking questions. If I didn't do it we will be a silence interview. After a week I received an email stating reviewing the questions , at this point we are not setting another interview. Another interview? I already had 4 and it should have been only 3 max and they wanted to set up a fifth. I was not applying for a CEO position.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Enterprise (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone interview was first. Next I was called in to meet the Area Manager. I went to the branch for observation. Last process was to meet with RVP and they make the decision to hire you.

Interview Questions

• What kind of struggles did you have with a customer and how did you resolve it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise (Wayne, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

You start out with a Phone Interview, and if they would like to learn more about you they ask you to come in to there HeadQuarters, for me I am in North Jersey so I went to Wayne. They re look over your resume. If you get past that Step you will meet with the Area manger of the stores in you local area and if past that interview you have one last interview with the Regional manger and then they will let you know if you have the job.

Interview Questions

• How can you add your sports background, to our company   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise in June 2017.

Interview

I went to two interviews. The first was with a recruiter, who was very professional. She offered feedback on my resume and interview. The second was with the two managers. This interview was more intense. However, it was still professional. Overall, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How competitive are you? Tell me about a time that shows how competitive you are.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise (Eagan, MN).

Interview

It is a through process of looking at my previous management and experience that I have from my college and HIgh School days. They really worked on how agressive and team natured I was.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were sucessiful and why were you successiful in selling this item.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise (Allentown, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview took 10 minutes and the person wasn't really interested from the get go. She sat me down and started asking questions. I did really well but didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview a couple days after I applied online, Same hr recruiter scheduled in person interview. Very easy going, typical interview questions. Then asked to schedule branch observation & second interview. Branch observation was very real, truly depicted a day of hard work at Enterprise. Second interview was with branch Manager. Third interview was with group rental manager, supposed to be the difficult interview. Went very smooth, they give you a feel as to whether they like you or not. At the end of each interview if they ask you if you would like to move further that's definitely a good sign. Entire process took 2 weeks. Training class starts in 2 weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

In process now and will update. I filled out online application and waited 2 days. I now have received an invitation to interview. Enterprise has excellent resources and information concerning the company values and the job description concerning management expectations and training.

Interview Questions

• Will I have a phone interview?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied and within a couple of days the recruiter set up a phone interview with me and after 2 weeks I was able to set up my second interview. The area manager seemed a bit rude but the branch manager seemed nice, they both interviews me although the area manager asked all the questions.