Enterprise Interview Questions in Montclair, CA | Glassdoor

Enterprise Interview Questions in Montclair, CA

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Montclair, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Positive with basic customer service questions. Be prepared to dress business casual every single day that you work. Interviewers are looking for a leader who can mange a business in the long run.

Management Trainee Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Enterprise (Montclair, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I recieved an email after I applied online to choose a time and date for my first interview. The interview took about one hour and they told me right away they wanted a second interview. I received a call within the week for my second interview. The second interview was one hour of observation and another interview with behavioral like questions. I didn't get a call back after that but an email letting me know I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• What was your major in college and why did you choose that major?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise (Montclair, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The first interview was with a talent acquisition manager. They asked me about my school and employment history and where I see myself in the future with Enterprise. Was asked about Customer Service and Sales Situations such as upselling. If you received an employee referral, they will ask why they thought you would be a great fit for the company. Haven't received an offer, maybe I didn't have crazy enthusiastic sales attitude, maybe they did not like my answers. They required me to wear a suit which I think its insane. Imagine I had to buy a suit for $300+ plus shoes and a tie just for this interview and later knowing you aren't going to get hired. Something more casual but still professional would have been fine. Make sure this is the job for you for $15.50/hr at least here in California. I wasn't able to find out if this job was for me because I was not allowed to move into the next interview to potentially land the job to be able give a review about the job. One thing for sure, be prepared to work long 11 hr shifts and ask if there will be overtime pay after 8hrs of work which I now wish I asked. I believe shifts run from Mon to Sat. Monday through Friday will be around 7:30 am to 6pm. You are there approx 11 hrs. If you are willing to see what happens apply but I don't want to deter anyone from applying. Consider other options as well. According to the talent acquisition manager promotions are performance based, its a sales job and take that into consideration. If you don't meet the sales target because business is slow or customers don't need what you upsell then you might not get the promotion. I would think their sales targets are within reach based on a day or even a week of honest attempts to make a sale but who knows.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • How was your sales performance measured and how often? What products did you offer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Enterprise (Montclair, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

applied on line. got an email next day to do the face to face interview with the HR. the HR lady was very rude and intimidating. I was told no matter how many customers I take care each day, if I can not sell other services(car upgrade, extra fuel, insurance), I will not make it in this company. and she want me to treat workers like competitors. The main goal is to beat their record.

what happened to customer service and teamwork? apparently she does not care. it was just a horrible experience talking to her. no offers of course.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Montclair, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied to Enterprise online and got an e-mail the following day to set up an appointment through their website. I went in for the interview a week later, but received no offer because of my limited sales experience. Enterprise wants salesmen with prior experience, so they can train them to move up into management eventually. I was told that it would take 3-4 years to become a branch manager in their program.

Interview Questions

• They mostly ask sale related questions. Things like, "Tell me a time you managed to close a sale with a difficult customer".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Montclair, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Within two days of submitting my resume I received a phone call from the area recruiter and had a 10-15 minute phone call discussing salary/benefits (briefly), discounts, etc. She used this time to ask me prescreening questions (DUI? Severe traffic violations? Drivers license? State of license? Management exp.? Sales exp? Military background?) where at the end of the phone call, she told invited me to have an interview with the regional HR manager (First interview). First interview went well, was a week after phone screening. Tons of typical scenario questions. Was very outgoing, joked a bit, took questions seriously of course. At the end of that interview while still in her office, she invited me for the 2nd interview with the branch manager. 2nd interview ended up being combined with what would have been my 3rd (with the area manager) because i was about to go out of town for a month )to finish moving to CA). 2nd/3rd interview was very similar, a bit longer... same scenario questions. Was able to shadow the office for an hour before the actual interview,so had a ton of my questions answered before i went into interview. Area manager called me that evening to offer me the position. Overall maybe a 1.5-2 week process.

Enterprise receive 560k apps last year and about 10k got hired.

Interview Questions

• I wrote down all the questions after each interview, this is all of them from my int. process.
      PHONE AND FIRST INTERVIEW
      1. “Do you like to win” or “do you hate to lose”?
      2. What two qualities do you have as a leader?
      3. What other jobs/companies have you applied for?
      4. What do you know about enterprise
      5. Has a customer ever showed you appreciation?
      6. What’s your strength/weakness?
      7. Where do you see yourself as part of a sales team?
      8. How do you deal with failure?
      9. Tell me about a time you received constructive criticism?
      10. Tell me about a time you went above your job title?
      11. Describe a time you devised a plan and what steps you put in place?
      12. * Do you prefer to work alone or in a group?
      13. * Tell me about a time you disagreed with your supervisor?
      14. Tell me a time leadership played into your life?
      15. What would you management style be like?
      16. What’s a negative trait your supervisor would say about you?
      17. What is diversity to you?

2ND/THIRD INTERVIEW
      How do you feel about “the customer is always right?”
      What makes a leader?
      What is success to you?
      Think of a time you dealt with an irate customer, what was going through your mind?
      What is important when dealing with customers?
      What makes you competitive?
      Tell me about yourself?
      When you keep hearing no from a customer, how do you persevere?
      Tell me about a time where you had to reprimand someone?
      Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
      How do you get your employees to want to succeed?
      Why not go back to (previous workplace)?
      Why not pursue (your major)?
      1 Answer

Application

Interview

The interview process is long and tiresome. They make you jump through 3 hoops. The first interview is always with the Regional Recruiter. The interview is generic and most recruiters are friendly people who also were in your shoes. The second interview is a branch observation where you shadow people for an hour or two and then meet with the Area Manager for the area you are potentially going to be placed in. This is where they sell you the dream. They also try to get you to commit to working there for the next two years. The final interview is with a branch manager who honestly, in my opinion was the quickest and most brief. He was extremely polite but I felt like he just needed another body.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise (Montclair, CA).

Interview

Horrible. She made me feel really uncomfortable during the whole process and made it seem like money was the only priority for the company. I told her I was not necessarily competitive but I work hard so that I can win and she took it in the wrong way and made it seem that if you work hard you won't make it. Hard work is not appreciated I guess. If you are all about money and pure competition then apply to this because I guess this company doesn't care about your hard work just the money you make them.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you sold an item to guest that at first did not want to buy it?   Answer Question

Area Rental Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Montclair, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

4 interviews. 1. Phone Interview with recruiter to asses basic qualifications will be met. 2. Face to Face interview with recruiter to asses core competencies 3. 1 hour branch observation and Face to face interview with Area Manager of the Area where the opening is 4. Face to Face interview with Branch Manager that has a spot available

The unique thing about interviewing with Enterprise is they attempt to make it a mutual selection process. They let you see the day to day operations first hand, talk to current employees, customers and accounts to really understand what an amazing company it is. Full disclosure, to make sure you feel that you want to be a part of the team as much as they want you to be on the team and have a full understanding of the good and the bad from many different people so there are no surprises down the line.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are questions looking for past behaviors. "tell me about a time..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay is set, not negotiable. Enterprise recently increased their starting pay and gave that increase to EVERY management trainee and management assistant employee regardless of performance.