Enterprise Staff Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Enterprise Staff Accountant Interview Questions

2.8

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise (New York, NY).

Interview

The 3 people that interviewed me were very nasty and made me feel like a moron. If you dont want to interview then dont they made it seem like it was an inconvenience for them to be interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond what you were suppsoed to do.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Enterprise

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed early in 2016. Applied thru indeed. Contacted by HR by e-mail for interview. They expressed interest and a second interview was set up with the manager and controller. The questions asked here were quite difficult, but I was able to BS by way thru the difficult ones Further interest was expressed and a third interview with the group controller was set up.

Tips: They want people to relocate - which I was willing to do, but you have to show conviction in your response. I believe my lack of conviction led me to not receiving the offer. They said I was competent and would be successful in my career regardless of where I end up. But that is all speculation at this point.

Interview Questions

• - 3 things to describe yourself
      - time you worked with a poor teammate
      - why you left your previous job
      - time you were competitive
      - willing to relocate
      - what do you hope to accomplish in the first month or so of working here
      - name some accomplishments
      - name a weakness
      - why you want to work here
      - type of work environment you like
      - time you fixed/improved a process
      - time you led a group
      - what is your ideal manager
      - time you went above and beyond to accomplish a task   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Highlands Ranch, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

They took almost two weeks to let me know that I wasn't getting the job. While I know that they have a busy schedule and that they have to interview other people, they could've at least take 2 minutes to let me know instead of making me wait for that long. Instead, they made me wait for a long period of time. The lack of professionalism during the interview made me realize why the company has such a high turnover. It's a great place for a job, but not for a career. The salary is low compared to the average starting salary for an accountant. Also, if you're not white, you'll have a very hard time during the interview process.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise in June 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen in which we talked about my background and what I am looking for in a company, a second round phone interview, and finally an in-person interview. It was behavioral based questions that I faced.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Enterprise in February 2016.

Interview

The process was very fast. The interview questions were very basic. Basically everything you would expect an interviewer to ask, they asked. I.E. Describe your skills, tell me a time you showed leadership, tell me about a time you failed, what are your strengths and weaknesses, when did your strengths come in handy during a job or experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you see yourself as a controller in the future   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Enterprise (Orange, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Easy if you go in as working in the stores. When you apply as in the management trainee program it is very easy. Enterprise has a very high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions. What areas do you have problems in ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Enterprise (Roseville, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I had three interviews. The first one was with the Hiring Manager, couple days after they called me for a second interview with the Accounting team, and the third interview was the same Day with the Controller and his assistant. All of them were very friendly and the interview process was some what easy; however, after a week they sent me an email to notify me that they hired another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer? Was was the outcome?

How would you explain what is a balance sheet and what is an income statement to someone who doesn't know anything about accounting?   Answer Question
    • Previous Experience   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Enterprise.

Interview

I applied online and received a call couple days later to schedule a phone interview. Interview was very straight forward. Typical questions and ran about 10-15 minutes. Had no issues regarding the interview. The interviewer called on time and courteous. It definitely felt like he was just reading questions off a list. Received an e-mail response a week or two after, which is always nice to hear back. Even if it was a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you displayed leadership. Strengths and weaknesses. No technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitestone, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Enterprise (Whitestone, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screen interview with HR. Several days later, a face to face interview with Controller and Manager. There is not much to say aside from the fact that they care about your personality and leadership. If you can show that during the interview you will be fine. Those who can't shouldn't bother.

Phone screen questions:

- How do you define leadership
    - Tell me about a time you had to be a leader
    - How do you deal with an irate customer
    - What did you do when you had to meet deadlines but there was a lot of work
    - Basic accounting 101 debit and credit questions

The HR individual was very good. Very cheerful on the phone and follows up throughout the stages.

Face to face interview questions:

- Tell me about yourself
    - Tell me about process or procedure you help change
    - How do you deal with a team member who isn't pulling his weight
    - How do you deal with stress
    - Convince me that you have a positive attitude
    - What do you have that would make you a good controller
    - Why did you choose your college

Lots of other behavioral questions. They will simply read off a piece of paper. There is not much of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a team member who isn't pulling his weight?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Enterprise.

Interview

Basically behavioral questions. Very friendly interviewers. Phone screen and two rounds of on-site, in-person interviews. Be amiable, honest and prepare well and you will have no problems. Enterprise is a lot about excellent customer service to both internal and external clients so be sure to highlight your people skills too even when you are being recruited for a back office position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult team mate   Answer Question