Envestnet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Envestnet Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Envestnet.

Interview

After several emails back and forth with HR, we scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. When she called, she told me a bit about the job/company and then said she wanted was for me to do a writeup that included details of my previous projects. She didn't ask me anything about my background. I thought the process was a bit odd but I sent what she asked for anyway. I never heard from them again.

Software Developmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Envestnet (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The main interviewer was very amiable VP of development. There was one silent guy which always adds stress - he was the senior most dev learning interviewing techniques.The interview was done primarily as a theoretical whiteboard exercise to go over some basic abilities. There was a drink provided and I felt a lot of subtle personality inspection as we walked down - very normal.

Interview Questions

• Use SQL to select everything in the first set not in the second set distinctly and ordered.   1 Answer
    • Select everyone in the first set that isn't in the second distinctly and ordered. The sets are always ordered and no Linq - use very basics.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Envestnet.

Interview

I had a phone screen and then a second interview. I was then told that a third interview would be scheduled and then.... crickets. I tried contacting my interviewer for an update via phone and email, and never received a response. This is extremely unprofessional and disrespectful of my time. For the benefit of the doubt, I just let it go. Then, several months later when I saw the position reposted, I contacted the person in HR via LinkedIn to ask if the position was filled previously or placed on hold. I then inquired about the status and what happened with my prior candidacy. I saw that the person clicked on my profile and still never bothered to respond. Based on my personal experience, I would never recommend this company. This is clearly a culture of "what can you do for me" and does not value others. If I am not a fit for the role, then I understand that and am completely comfortable moving on to the right opportunity. I have several years of Recruiting experience and would never be comfortable treating candidates in this manner. A total lack of response is a PR issue and I genuinely believe shows lack of positive culture at an employer.

Interview Questions

• They basically walked through my resume and asked about my duties.   1 Answer
    • They asked about working with employees in various locations.   1 Answer

Vice President - QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Envestnet (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Brief phone screen with recruiter followed by on-site interview. On-site interview was scheduled to be an hour with the other VP of QA (they were looking to hire a second VP of QA) and then an hour with the CTO. Ended up being with the VP only (although longer than the scheduled hour.)

General impression I got was that the VP in place was not really interested in hiring another one. When I asked him to describe the existing development process at Envestnet, his comment was "That's not really the way I expected the interview to go." One of his stated criteria for an ideal candidate was that they'd help improve the existing process, and he was reluctant to give any information about what that process is so the candidate could address it? I have a degree in finance, six years with one of the world's largest accounting firms and several years developing financial software for a leading brokerage, all of which was dismissed because I didn't have a background *specifically* in RIA-type portfolio management.

I've got no problem not getting jobs where there's clearly not a good fit between the employer's needs and my skills. It's bothersome to be in an interview where the interviewer is clearly searching for things to object to.

Interview Questions

• Essentially "Can you describe, in detail, what our Advisor View software does?"   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Envestnet (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Conversation with recruiter followed by onsite interview.
    My general sense during the interview was that the person was not interested in hiring anyone. When I asked questions about their process and where he saw this role fitting in, his initial response was "That's not the way I saw this interview going." Yet I felt I lost points for not being familiar with how things are done at the company.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know how familiar I was with their product line and with the Registered Investment Adviser industry (their customer base).   1 Answer

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Envestnet (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the Hiring Manager via email. She arranged a time we could both meet at her office in New York. During the interview, she introduced herself and what it is she did at the Company. She had basic questions for me about myself and background. After the first interview, she had me meet with her associate, who works directly under her. The conversation with her associate was very casual where we both spoke about our work experience.

A week later I was contacted to by the Hiring Manager to prepare a 1 – 2 page recommendation as to what Envestnet’s strategy should be with respect to the “robo advisor” trend. I was given one week timeline to submit my recommendation. A week later I followed up with the Hiring Manager to inquire about my candidacy. In her email response she told me she was not overly impressed with any of the write ups the candidates submitted and will be thinking about the position a bit more. Suffice to say, I didn't get the job.

Regional Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Envestnet.

Interview

Very quick response to initial submitted resume, emails, phone interview etc. Then in person interview
    lasting well over 30 minutes one on one but then NOTHING,
    no responses to thank you email etc.......no further contact, glad I didn't receive any offer I wouldn't have taken it seems like the negative commentary is the most accurate on this company

Institutional Client Services Business Analyst - L Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Envestnet (Denver, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

One word - Muppets. Interviewed over the phone and then in person (on my own dime flying to their site mind you) in their Colorado office. Interview went well. All basic behavioral questions. Was told the infamous line by most companies that "you'll hear from us either way." Good one guys. Sent the recruiter and team members an email each just to check on the status and nothing.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work here?   1 Answer

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Envestnet (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview came very quick after the initial application. There was no phone conversation and the hiring manager seems to prefer email as the primary communication mode. Post interview was very unprofessional as the hiring manager provided no feedback as to candidate status. It is a professional curtesy to provide those candidates who were willing to drive to downtown to meet with your firm an idea as to which direction that manager might be leaning towards aand whether or not an individual is still a candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

• Give your view about the state of the world, economically and geo politically.   Answer Question

Envestnet Response

Dec 4, 2014 – Senior HR Generalist

Apologies for your negative experience and the lack of follow-up on your application status. If you still haven't received an update, please do not hesitate to contact us at 866.924.8912 and ask to ... More

Project Manager (Non-techincal) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Envestnet (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied for this position as a result of a posting on their site. Was late to the process as they had already identified two candidates they were interested in. Interviewed with two HR associates by phone, the hiring manager by phone and then a fourth call with the hiring manager and two staff members from different locations.

Interview Questions

• There were no oddball questions - standard questions: Strengths, Weaknesses, Accomplishments, etc.   Answer Question