Envestnet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Envestnet Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2017

2.8

User Experience Writer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Envestnet.

Interview

They weren't transparent at all about what was going during any phase of the interview process. I went through multiple phone interviews/assessments with several weeks passing in between and me having no idea if I was still being considered or what step would be next if I was. I was finally told via HR that I wasn't selected and I asked for feedback on my assessment but wasn't given any.

Interview Questions

• They seemed mostly interested in assessing my previous work and thought process   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Envestnet in May 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn, approximately 1 week later got a call from a recruiter for an initial pre-screen phone call.

I chat with her for about 30 minutes, the call ends with "Your skill set is what we're looking for" and "I'll get back to you by the end of the week (it was Monday) about next steps".

No contact from the recruiter at the end of the week. I emailed to follow-up to indicate my continued interest.

10 days pass. I email to follow-up, no response.
    3 more days pass. I email to follow-up, no response.
    5 more days pass.

I email to let the recruiter know I won't be pursuing this job any further. She emails me back in 30 minutes with "Sorry to hear about that." Nothing else, no explanation, no apology for ghosting for 18 days.

I was just incredulous.

Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Envestnet.

Interview

After several emails back and forth with HR, we scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. When she called, she told me a bit about the job/company and then said she wanted was for me to do a writeup that included details of my previous projects. She didn't ask me anything about my background. I thought the process was a bit odd but I sent what she asked for anyway. I never heard from them again.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Envestnet (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interveiws, on-site interview. Employers are really nice. And I learned a lot through the interview process. Most questions are technical questions and you may not immediately answer them, they will lead you think about them.

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Envestnet.

Interview

Phone interview with what would be my current supervisor. Mostly technical question with a few personal quests for the ice breaker effect. Had a brief in person meetup so they could put the face to the voice. All in all the process was smooth.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwyn, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Envestnet (Berwyn, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

First phone screen with manager of development (super nice guy!). This was an hour and primarily discussed position and asked few technical questions. One weird question was why does Java have an Object class?
    Next go in for on site visit with same manager (again super nice guy!). This was another 1/2 hour discussion then a written test is administered with paper and pencil! The written test has 2 UML diagram questions on it and a coding exercise to create a SSN class with methods like toString, hashCode/equals, etc. Plus there was a SQL question where they were looking for a UNION type query. I honestly can't remember ever doing a hand written coding test before so I volunteered to do the interview by actually writing code in IDE (and other questions on whiteboard) but they declined and wanted it handwritten on paper instead. Very old school type of interviewing so be prepared if you interview there! Honestly not the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• To code a USSSNNumber class in Java. What is difference between List/Set? What is difference between HashSet and HashMap? What is big data?   Answer Question

After visiting them, I experienced a very rigid, controlling atmosphere. I could tell the manager was super afraid of making any mistakes and as a result built all these processes to guard against it. Not very agile at all there.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwyn, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Envestnet (Berwyn, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

First Round was a brief phone interview by the manager which involved the discussion of my resume and background. The week after I went into the Berwyn office to meet with two managers of different groups and another associate. The questions were personality based and did not have a cookie cutter answer so you must know your stuff and be on your feet. I then had a phone interview with another manager who was out of the office for the week. The call was quite thorough and lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you like working on your own or in a team, and why?   1 Answer

Software Developmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Envestnet (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The main interviewer was very amiable VP of development. There was one silent guy which always adds stress - he was the senior most dev learning interviewing techniques.The interview was done primarily as a theoretical whiteboard exercise to go over some basic abilities. There was a drink provided and I felt a lot of subtle personality inspection as we walked down - very normal.

Interview Questions

• Use SQL to select everything in the first set not in the second set distinctly and ordered.   1 Answer
    • Select everyone in the first set that isn't in the second distinctly and ordered. The sets are always ordered and no Linq - use very basics.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwyn, PA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Envestnet (Berwyn, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

Ridiculous. One interview, two individuals involved and no questions. I was left feeling like I was in the twilight zone. I ended up talking about myself in order to showcase my strengths.

Interview Questions

Interviewers that don't ask questions are not leaders.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Envestnet.

Interview

Conversations with a number of employees and HR. Mostly fit questions and very few content related questions. All interviewees were very nice and friendly. It was not a stressful interview and was very conversational.