Environment Agency Environment Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Environment Officer

Environment Agency Environment Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at Environment Agency

Environment Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taunton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Environment Agency (Taunton, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

1 hour interview with two people asking me questions, mostly trying to gain an understanding of my personality and how I deal with certain situations.
1 hour role play focussing on dealing with a waste operator who was found to be in breach of his environmental permit. The role of the disgruntled customer was played by one of the team leaders - he was angry and upset to be visited by the EA and I had to calm him down, explain the situation and present a plan for future work to ensure he returned to being in compliance with his permit.

Interview Questions

• How to manage expectations and how to diffuse hostile situations   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Environment Agency

Environment Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Environment Agency (London, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview is in two parts. Standard interview with questions and then a role play where you either get a Waste Operator or a farmer and you need to tell them they've something wrong on their site / farm etc.

Interview Questions

• They ask the exact same questions that you wrote as part of your online application. This is the case for ALL EA interviews.   1 Answer

Environment Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Environment Agency (London, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview was a 1st round phone interview and if successful you get invited to a face to face interview. There was nothing I needed to prepare such as a presentation etc and I applied online.

Interview Questions

• Basic competency based interview questions plus asked why I want the job and a few questions on how I would deal with different situations   Answer Question

Environment Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Environment Agency in February 2019.

Interview

Rather a long interview process was there for three hours and had three different tasks each last 45 - 60 minutes. Task 1 we where given a list of things to consider in relation to an environmental disaster and had to prioritise our response and give justification for the ranking. Task two was role play exercise where we had to be an environmental officer and deal with a situation where the owner of a waste plant was in breach of his permit. Task three was an interview three questions giving examples and explaining results. STARS technique very useful here.

Interview Questions

• Can't member the exact wording but something as below:
      Give an example of a time you've worked in a team
      Give an example of time you've delivered / achieved results   Answer Question