Environment Agency Flood Risk Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Environment Agency Flood Risk Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at Environment Agency

Flood Risk Officer Interview

Interview

Online application followed by panel interview. Online application involved question on why you are suitable for the role, and experience. Interview was 4 competency based questions, with some technical questions about flooding.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Environment Agency

Flood Risk Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Environment Agency (Reading, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

Started with a 30 minute desk exercise. Provided with a flood permit application made by the environment agency on behalf of a client. They then gave you 30 minutes to jot ideas on a notepad and discuss your thoughts. 5 competency questions followed, which were not too difficult but really made it hard to show your passions and academic experience relevant to the job.

Flood Risk Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Environment Agency (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

It began with an online submission of Cv, once this part was passed it was followed by online submission of competency based questionnaire leading to an interview by two members of the team

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to prioritise during a challenging piece of work   Answer Question

Flood Risk Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Environment Agency in February 2018.

Interview

Introductions to interveiw pannel before a senario questions. Was given 10 mins to prepare from a set of questions as to what was happening in a photograph. 4 further questions which were competency based.

Flood Risk Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Environment Agency (Lincoln, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Easy process, answering competency based questions on application. Interviewers were relaxed and friendly, giving you time but also helping you to expand upon answers. Interviewed directly by two people but was taken initially by another and informed further about the role. Overall the process took 2-3 months form application to hearing the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were placed in an unfamiliar group situations to carry out a task.   Answer Question

Flood Risk Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Environment Agency in June 2015.

Interview

Competency-based (communication, teamwork, community outreach). Interviewed by team leader and team member. Not overly formal or uncomfortable as it was more or less talking about work experiences and applying skills. One difficult question towards the end asking about how I would react to a certain situation within the job. I was told I would hear back within a 2-3 week period due to high number of applicants and the number of positions.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a local flood issue and those affected by it?   1 Answer