Environment Agency Graduate Civil Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Environment Agency Graduate Civil Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Environment Agency

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Environment Agency (Leeds, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Presentation on Challenges in Managing Future Flood Risks. Research done well in time, put a lot of effort and research in my presentation, it was on point. Interview was average, neither difficult nor easy. It was based around on the flood risk management as a role and was allowed to answer based on previous work experience. The whole assessment started with a 25min written exercise which is based on a photo and you have to assess what could've gone wrong, how the problem could be eradicated considering issues of health and safety and environment. The presentation and interview was done by the engineers from the EA. The interview in its self was not so bad but I would advise using a poster for a presentation, while technology might be appear professional but facilities aren't provided in most cases so an A1 poster is perfect ask with a couple of hangouts in a smaller scale for the panel to follow.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Environment Agency

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Environment Agency (London, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

I saw them at a university fair, asked if they are able to sponsor for tier 2 visa, they said yes. I applied online (deadline: 1st April). I got an email 2 weeks later inviting me to an assessment, they gave 4 dates to choose from (the process would take a month). On the email they explained the assessment process, a writing exercise, a presentation followed by an interview. The assessment was in a hotel in Central London, the interview went well, they are very friendly and make you feel comfortable. 2 days after the last interview date they called me to say unfortunately the Graduate Training Scheme is unable to act as a sponsor for visas, although they gave me the information at the fair and also during the process they kept asking about the visa requirements. They also said the official email should come soon but the email only arrived almost a month later. They never gave feedback about the interview.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were about the 4 areas of competency they specified on the job description.   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment Agency in September 2012.

Interview

Assessment centre

Written Test
    Interview
    Presentation