Environment Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Environment Agency Interview Questions

Interviews at Environment Agency

3.1

Permitting Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solihull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Environment Agency (Solihull, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Written scenario based Interview . Some calculations and questions relating to a scenario about water abstraction. This was followed by a competency based interview where you had to describe what you had done in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time when you had to do multiple things and deliver complex results. Tell us when you got someone to do something even though they had other choices and did not necessarily have to follow your advice.   1 Answer

All Sorts Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment Agency.

Interview

compentancy based interview. questiosn are based on compentacies in the job description and sometyimes they may throw in an extra one, or a side question that is to do with the role.

A Mid-level Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Environment Agency (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Good interview, nice people, interesting discussion and felt it went well. Invited back for a 2nd interview, and by all accounts everyone was very positive and the interviewers hinted at a final stage.

Now, this is where it all started to go horribly wrong on their side. After a week without communication I followed up with a quick email which went unanswered. Towards the end of the following week (not wanting to chase too much etc.) a quick call to one of the interview team. No response.

One more phone call and email later I felt as though they were no longer interested for some reason so gave up. A month later, I finally get a one line email (almost literally) saying "Sorry, you've been unsuccessful, good luck in your search". I follow up with a quick note acknowledging the decision and asking for a little more detail to improve any weak areas the next time. No response; I follow up one more time with a quick phone call and then write it off..

After two full days off to travel halfway across the country for the interviews not to mention several hundred pounds of travel expenses, that's all they can be bothered to do? Ok, I won't be applying there again.

Overall, poor showing particularly given that the interview team were fellow HR professionals who should know better and care about the experience their potential future colleagues have.

Interview Questions

• Generic HR knowledge questions as well as behavioural and related q's about challenging situations etc. All fairly simple to answer.   Answer Question

Fisheries Technical Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kidderminster, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment Agency (Kidderminster, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The application involved filling out a detailed online form specifying how the candidate meets the necessary criteria and competence questions. The interview itself was relatively informal, asking me to expand on the questions highlighted in the application form.

EPR Installations Regulatory Offiicer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Environment Agency (Warrington, North West England, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

One hour assessment with two obligatory tests and one optional if you were interested in becoming an enforcement officer as well. First test was situational and involved writing a report from a Operators point of view, the second was a technical multiple choice (process safety & operation controls - not specifically env based). Interview was 30mins (either before or after assessment).

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions around the specified competences of the job. Applied examples from the job holders point of view, i.e. You are undertaking this, what would you do. Not much based on past work experience, although this would have been included in original appication.   Answer Question

Flood Resilience Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgwater, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment Agency (Bridgwater, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Competency based questions. Given a scenario to analyse. Very pleasant interview, relaxed manner but formal questioning. Panel were encouraging during questioning. Point of contact gave excellent and thorough feedback on my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to explain something complexed to someone/a team - what, how, why, outcome.   1 Answer

Planning Advisor - Warrington Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Environment Agency in March 2018.

Interview

The interview took place in Warrington. I was interviewed by two young employees. They were both really friendly.

I was asked a total of four competency based questions.

The interview did not take longer than an hour

Interview Questions

• I can't remember the exact questions - but something along these lines:

Tell us about a time that you were faced with a challenge and how did you resolve it?

2. Tell us about a time when you worked as part of a team to complete a task for a client.

3. Tell us about a time when you had to persuade people to participate in a project.

4. (This was the first question actually - Tell us about yourself)   Answer Question

Flood Resilience Officer North East Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Environment Agency (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Competency based application and interview at Newcastle offices with two members of staff. Invested about a week overall with online application and preparing for the interview. Was told that they had more interviews that week and I would hear back after the other interviews. Heard from a friend who works there that there were internal applicants. Didn't get an offer, and when I asked for feedback it was very difficult to get in touch. Wouldn't have minded if I had received prompt feedback and would have valued it as a learning experience. However, because it has been so difficult to get feedback it was disappointing and felt like a huge waste of my time when they already had an internal candidate in mind.

Flood Risk Management Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Environment Agency.

Interview

5 competency based interview questions issued during the first and only interview stage. This comes after being offered the opportunity for the interview. There are therefore only 2 stages: application and one interview and you will be informed if you are successful or not

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you've not being able to deliver for a customer, what went wrong, how did you resolve it and what did you learn and would do different.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Environment Agency.

Interview

I was invited to an interview through the Environment Agency's job portal as well as through a phone call from the H&T leader for where the job was advertised for. I had a choice of time slot for the date the interview was scheduled for. Interview lasted about an hour and was a discussion based on competency questions with a few background questions about H&T and health and saftey. After I was sent into a training room where I was tested on my practical and data handling skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself - why are you suitable for the role?
      Questions in the interview were the same competencies as those in the online application process - H&T operations and data collection & analysis based.
      Health and safety question at the end.   Answer Question