Environment America Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Environment America

3.5

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Environment America (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

I sent a resume online and didn't hear back from them for several weeks. I had more or less assumed after the first few weeks that I wasn't going to be offered an interview, but eventually, I did get an email containing a questionnaire for me to fill out. There were questions about my political views and work experience - fairly straightforward stuff. Once again, after a pause of several weeks, I was contacted for a phone interview. I read several interview reviews here and most of the questions I was asked had already been posted by other candidates, so there weren't many surprises. Some of the questions were repeats from the written questionnaire. The interviewer was exceedingly polite and friendly, although her reactions were a little difficult to read. She mentioned that the job would typically involve a work week of 60 hours. She also mentioned that pay and benefits would by higher for "experienced" candidates, but wasn't able to tell me based on my work experience whether I would be considered "experienced". She gave a lot of background information about the company and asked several times if I had any questions. I got my rejection email about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked with other people to accomplish a certain goal (I can't remember the exact wording, but this was the general idea - the exact wording was certainly no less vague).   1 Answer
  • What cause "gets you up at night"? (In other words, what public issue is most important to you)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Environment America

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Environment America (Washington, DC) in October 2011.

Interview

My overall experience was positive. My only critique is that the interview process was too long. There was an initial phone call and then three subsequent in-person interviews with people of increasing importance. Everyone was very nice and personable. A good mix of challenging questions to get to know my personality and skill sets that were applicable to the job.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the most challenging things facing environmentalists this year?   Answer Question