Environment America Environment New Jersey Clean Energy Advocate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Environment New Jersey Clean Energy Advocate

Interviews at Environment America

1 Interview Review

Environment New Jersey Clean Energy Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiel (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Environment America (Kiel (Germany)) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied through Environment America's online portal. After 2 weeks, they contacted me via email and told me I made it to the next step. The next step was filling out a questionnaire. The questions were:

1) Imagine that in 25 years, your college alumni magazine is coming out and highlighting you. Write the paragraph that will be featured in the newsletter on what you’ve accomplished in 25 years.
2) Name one issue or idea that is supported by the people or political party whose ideas you generally oppose, and explain why you agree with it. If you do not agree with any positions from the other side of the aisle, discuss one idea from the other side that you think has merit and explain why.
3) Is it more important that we move to a zero-carbon society as fast as possible or as justly as possible? Choose one and briefly explain your answer.

Then they asked me to write an essay, no longer than a page, based on an article that you have read recently in the newspaper. After this step, they told me that I advance to the third step that is having an Interview with the head of the Department of Environment America's office. I schedule my interview and answer a bunch of questions, the guy that interviewed me seem engaged in the conversation and was really nice to me. He told me that they were going to contact me within 2 weeks, but they took about 4 weeks to do so.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work with Environment America?   Answer Question
  • What do you like about Environment America's campaigns or projects?   Answer Question
  • Have you applied to other institutions? (if yes) which ones?   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in 15 years?   Answer Question
  • In your opinion, what are the biggest environmental problems in the United States?   Answer Question