Environment America Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Environment America Fellow Interview Questions

Interviews at Environment America

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The first round was very informational, with general questions about why you are passionate about the environment, examples of leadership, etc. At the end I was offered a second round interview.

Interview Questions

• What is an environmental topic that you care about?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Environment America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Environment America (Cambridge, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I met a recruiter at an infosession at my university and she offered me an interview after it was done, telling me to submit a formal application on the website to get me in the system. We scheduled an interview the next day - it lasted about half an hour. She said that as follow-up, I should complete an online questionnaire and anticipate being invited to their offices the following weekend. I submitted the questionnaire, then waited but never received an invitation or rejection. More than a month later, I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Who is an environmental leader you admire?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment America (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

First, there were a couple of stages of short answer questions asking me about the movement, my motivations and opinions. This was followed by a first round in person interview, and then a final in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What can the environmental movement learn from the NRA?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Environment America (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Two rounds:

First ( in person) is very easy, asking you a few questions about why you care about the environment and what experience if any you have.

The second interview was done through Skype, and they want to know more specifics about your experience and your availability. You can tell they have lots of interviews because it goes by very quickly and the interviewer is not that engaged.

What was most annoying was scheduling the second interview: after telling me I had made it to the second round, they left my emails unanswered for weeks before getting back to me with a specific interview time

Interview Questions

• If you were to pursue any specific environmental campaign, what cause would it be focused on?   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Environment America.

Interview

It was very thoughtful and engaging. The interviewer ended up extending the interview because she was interested and provided me with a second round opportunity at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment America.

Interview

Pretty fast-paced, seemed moderately well organized.
    They got back to me long after my last interviewer said they would. I had just assumed they'd ghosted me and given the position to someone else. Created a lot of issues.

Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environment America.

Interview

Applied online, filled out a questionnaire and had a phone interview the next day. Phone interview was pleasant and easy. Scheduled a video interview not long after, which was much more difficult. I was grilled on questions and the interviewer contested every answer I gave. I assume this is because in this line of work, you will have to deal with people contesting your answers. Still, I felt very uncomfortable.
    He also told me that they were no longer hiring for the position I had applied for, so I was actually interviewing for something else. Had I known this earlier, I would not have proceeded with the interview.

Interview Questions

• Which is more true: we need to move to zero carbon society as fast as possible or we should make sure our transition to a zero-carbon society is just for all?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Environment America (Washington, DC).

Interview

The first round was over the phone; second round was a group interview in DC. Had to submit a writing sample, cover letter, and resume. Group interview included petitioning, public speaking, and an individual interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Environment America (Washington, DC) in February 2018.

Interview

Many steps, but they were quick to reply through each step. Included initial application, phone interview, essay questionnaire, and a group interview. Overall, they were very kind and extremely thorough. The group interview was quite exhausting.

Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Environment America in January 2019.

Interview

Held a 30 minute phone call with the basic interview questions to get to know me (after completing some initial application stages, including cover letter, resume, online form with a few questions, and a questionnaire with essay question that I had 24 hours to complete).

Interview Questions

• If you were to hold a campaign at your University, what would be your first step and how would you go about it?   Answer Question