Environment America Senior Professional Staff Position Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Environment America Senior Professional Staff Position Interview Questions

Interviews at Environment America

1 Interview Review

Senior Professional Staff Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Environment America.

Interview

I received a automated email inviting me to interview for a position for which I had applied only a few days before. This invitation sent me to a web page where I could pick a time and date to do a phone interview. I selected a time they offered. When it came around, I did not receive a call. Calling the contact number given to me, it became clear that the interviewer was on vacation. I left a polite voice message on the mainline of the Public Interest Network office in Colorado. This network handles hiring for a number of PIRG-related organizations. They called me back and reschedule the interview for a week after that. During that interview, the interviewer/recruiter spend much of the first 15-20 minutes discussing her background with the organization which did not strike me as tremendously relevant. At the end of the interview she scheduled a second interview with the hiring manager who I would work for in the Environment America office. That interview took place by phone a few weeks later. I was told that if I received the job I would get paid less than I had in my previous position and would need to commit to them for 2 years. A week after my second interview, I received an impersonal, form email telling me I was not going to get the position. I am comfortable with rejection even after a few interviews; however, I have never been treated so impersonally at that point in a process. I found it exceedingly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do I embody environmentalism in my day-to-day life?   Answer Question