Environmental Defense Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Environmental Defense Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Environmental Defense.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR representative for a screening. The conversation was very fast. I was given a chance to discuss my background briefly and then I was told some further information about the position. I was never asked questions relevant to why I would be a fit for this position. It was so brief that I assumed it was just a quick formality interview and I would be asked real questions in the next stage with the hiring manager. Later I was sent a very generic email letting me know I had been passed on for the next stage.

Tom Graff Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environmental Defense (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

1. Phone interview call (30 min approx.). Screening phase.
    2. In person (or online) interview at the office. General conversation about the fellowship.

They were really nice. The process took to long though. It could have been faster.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environmental Defense (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen via video conference. The interview screen went well as I was able to articulate my skills match well with the job description. However, I wasn't invited to the in-person panel interview. I wasn't given any feedback the interview

Climate Corp Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environmental Defense in February 2017.

Interview

EDF outsourced another firm to conduct the interview due to the large number of applicants every year. Interviewees will be tested on some behavioral and analytical questions and a case study on their first round.

Events and Outreach Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environmental Defense (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. It took me about a week to hear back from the office. I want to talk more about the process before the interview, because I never made it to the interview. They asked me to set up a time for an interview. I was going to be out of the country during the time and date that they suggested, so I sincerely asked whether they would be free after I come back. They said yes.

However, I heard back from them on the week of the interview date that they have selected another candidate. It was very disrespectful of them to cancel the interview this late. If they had told me earlier, I could have spent my time differently. They should understand that if their time is important, so is the candidates' time.
    If they felt that they could not wait until I came back from abroad, they could have told me that they can only interview me earlier, or that they cannot interview me because they need to make a decision earlier.

EDF Climate Corps Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environmental Defense (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

2 Interviews. The first one with technical questions based on analysis of a case study they sent a week before the interview. The second one with a cultural approach, aimed at analyzing the "fit" of candidates.

Interview Questions

• Calculate energy consumption of a site, and estimate savings from LED retrofits.   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Environmental Defense (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with three of the supervising attorneys and we discussed why I was looking to intern for their company and my legal interests. I don't think they were tough at all but were very friendly and seemed just to get a sense of why I wanted to be there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to intern with EDF?   1 Answer

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Defense (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

An hour long phone interview with an outside interviewing company. It was a screening call to ask about experience and skills, so they were not able to answer questions about the work environment. The interview was fairly straight forward.

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Defense (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Brought in for an interview, then asked to come back in two weeks later to meet with a panel of people. people were friendly and intelligent though it was difficult to express my qualifications effectively because the primary interviewer was unavailable.

Fisheries Policy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Environmental Defense (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Had a video Skype interview with the hiring manager on the West Coast. The interview was casual and easygoing. He let me tell my story of my previous professional experiences and they asked questions along the way to gauge how applicable those experiences/skillsets are to the job at hand. It was more like we were having a conversation, rather than a formal Q&A interview.

Interview Questions

• This job requires a lot of independent work that requires a lot of self-motivation. How do you handle that type of work?   1 Answer