Environmental Resources Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Environmental Resources Management

2.8

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Then I was brought in for an in person interview with the person who would be supervising the hired individual plus two other team members.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were pretty standard. Why do I want to work for the company? Specifics about what was on my resume.   Answer Question

Air Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management in May 2016.

Interview

The whole interview process consisted of two steps, first online video interview and then onsite group panel interview. Very pleasant, very friendly, very informational. During the onsite interview, all group members participated; each have different questions. A good opportunity to get to know the people one would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the position   1 Answer
    • What is your weakness   1 Answer

Air Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process took about 2 weeks. It began with an online interview and after reviewing the online interview submission, I wasn't given a follow up face to face interview. However the interview was fairly painless.

Air Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management in January 2014.

Interview

First I had to fill out a pre-interview questionnaire, then do a phone interview. Scheduled group interviews after that. Before the group interviews, had to do a quick test. After background and reference check, did not hear back until a month later.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize your projects if they were all due at the same time?   Answer Question

Air Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. I was contacted by the recruiter and after couple of weeks I was called for an onsite interview. Interview was with a group and later one on one. Very professional. Interview questions were related to the job position. It took approximately 4 hours. Started with a panel interview and then followed by one on one interviews. Provided ample opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe air quality related compliance steps for a hypothetical situation.   Answer Question

Contract Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management in January 2016.

Interview

Ready to be toyed with? Ready to waste 10 weeks for no reason? Then be sure to apply at ERM. If you want to be treated with respect and dignity then skip this place.
    After applying, doing a video interview, doing a phone interview, doing a face to face, doing a video interview, doing another video interview, all over a 10 week period with very little communication, I then waited another 12 days to be told they went with another candidate. This was after also being told I was the most qualified for the job.
    This place is completely disorganized and has serious communication problems. Example. I was asked what my availability was for Thurs or Fri. I stated by email that I was available on Thurs, however I was leaving town on Fri and would be returning on the following Wed. A few days pass and I get an email stating they are confirming my interview for MONDAY. I replied that I was out of town, would be returning on Wed, so I was available Thurs and Fri. A few days pass and I get a response confirming my interview for WEDNESDAY. So instead of fighting it, I returned home early so that I could go to my interview. I won't make that mistake again. On the video interview I was asked my availability for the week. I stated I was available anytime EXCEPT Thurs between 3pm and 5pm. A few days pass and I receive a confirmation of my interview for THURSDAY at 2:30. Seriously?? Why bother to ask my availability if you are just going to ignore it. I did the interview letting them know I had to stop before 3. It didn't matter anyway, as they had already decided I was not hired. One person didn't even bother to show up. He wasn't going to waste his time, they sure didn't mind wasting mine.
    I am so sorry that I ever wasted my time applying here and letting them jerk me around. Read the reviews and salaries. I'm really thankful that they passed on me.

Staff Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring process took 3+ months. I submitted an application in January. Heard back from HR a few weeks later who had me fill out a questionnaire. About a week and a half later I heard back from HR again who scheduled a phone interview with me. The questions were mostly about my experience. About a 2 weeks later, I was brought in for an interview with the managers I'd be working with. This was a series of 20 minute interviews with a bunch of managers in the department I'd be working with. Nothing they asked me was too tricky, mostly questions from my resume. The whole process has been a positive experience so far and the HR woman who has been dealing with my hire has been extremely professional and really helpful through the whole process.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interviews, then interviews in person one one, and sometimes in a group setting. Mostly, the interviewee guides the conversation, and the interviewers interject with a few questions. Bring in writing samples, and they do an extensive background check.

Interview Questions

• Usual interview questions, ie "Where do you see yourself in five years."   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was a two stage process. The first was a 30-40 minute interview with project managers under which you would be working. The second stage was a 15-30 minute interview with the partner.

Interview Questions

• How have you grown in your current position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Phone interview with hiring personnel from a different office.
    In person interview with office manager.
    Second interview with a project manager.
    All three were simple, easy-going interviews. They want someone they can talk to easily. Just have a conversation with the person on the other side of the phone/table and you will do just fine. Be friendly, polite, and don't be shy.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in ERM?
      What makes you think you will be a good candidate for the position?
      What do you do in your free time?
      How did you fall upon ERM in your job search?
      What are your personal and professional goals?
      Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer