Environmental Resources Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Environmental Resources Management Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.8

Staff Geologist Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management.

Interview

LinkedIn easy application, phone call, video interview, formal application with detailed references (they called/emailed all of them), follow up phone interview, job offer. Total time from application to start date approximately 6 weeks.

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management.

Interview

A few hours long with multiple people asking real world questions and scenarios. I was presented with a few materials and asked questions on the spot. Mostly just talked about my collegiate and previous work experience. They were looking for someone they could work with. Personality is everything in consulting.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you work best? With others, by yourself, or a mix of both?   Answer Question

Staff Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview consisted of completing a Pre-Interview Questionnaire, followed by an in-person interview with a Partner and three Consultant Level 3 Project Managers. The Partner and Project Managers asked a variety of safety related experience questions, as well as, my overall interest to be a valued member of the ERM project team.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous safety experience. Describe a difficult encounter you had with a coworker and the resolution to that experience. Have you ever had to 'stop work', if so what were the circumstances?   Answer Question

EHS Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management.

Interview

It started with why they were hiring and description of the position and other necessary informations for the office and position. They asked me how i qualify for the position. The interview was very calm and i didnt feel rushed.

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Preliminary online interview then in person interview. The online portion takes longer than expected as they truly prefer longer in-depth answers. The in person interview was casual, but scary. They tell you flat out that you will be responsible for bringing on clients at some point

Interview Questions

• How previous academic and internship experiences prepared me for their company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Before an in-person interview, they sent a pre-interview questionnaire. They said my answers would be assessed for the content and depth or answers as well as writing skills. Beyond career and employment-related questions, most related to skills received from thesis/research projects, what was learned, and how they are relevant to environmental consulting projects.

Interview Questions

• Describe any internships or research projects you have completed. How are they relevant to working on environmental consulting projects   Answer Question
    • Did you complete a senior project or thesis? If so, please describe the topic, your role, the results, and what you learned from the experience   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management.

Interview

Three hours of interviews with various staff members, plus telephone interview with senior management and HR. HR first, then group interviews in the office then a telephone interview with senior management. Each got slightly more difficult, but nothing too challenging. Just told the truth about my experience.

Interview Questions

• General experience questions.   1 Answer

Due Diligence Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management in August 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screen first then answered a questionnaire. At the interview, I met with either 1 or 2 people at a time for three rounds of 45 minutes. They first went over information about the position and the company then they asked questions about my experience. No real questions testing my knowledge or skill.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a challenging experience I had working with a team.   Answer Question

Consultant Level II Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management in May 2016.

Interview

Unprofessional. I can confirm the review below - if you're ready to be toyed with and jerked around for months, this is the place.

I applied online in mid-spring 2016. Got a call back within a few days requesting a phone screen with HR.

Week 2 of the process, I had my phone screen, pretty straight forward, very polite yet to the point with questions related to my experience.

Week 3 - I was being scheduled for a face to face interview with two partners - met them in week 5 of the process, and the interview went extremely well. Pretty informal, kind of a "get to know you" type meeting.

Week 6, I just waited, and got called back for a second face to face interview (now I'm getting excited!) - scheduled it and met them sometime in week 8 . Talked with 2 consultants who would be future team mates. It was a great meeting, I left feeling very confident!

By this point, I'm into the company for 2 months - I've spent 2 vacation days... but that's not too a-typical, I was prepared for that. Still very interested in the position!

Then I heard nothing for a few weeks (this got me a little suspicious), until the recruiter called with good news, they were going to offer me a job! I provided 4 references, and they called all 4 within a few days.

The recruiter then informed me that everything was set to make me an offer! Great - but some of the partners were on vacation, so it may take some time (understandable since now we're in May/June time-frame).

I waited 2 weeks before politely reaching back out, again was told by recruiter they were having a hard time reaching the partners, and I should have the offer in a week or so...

Waited another 3 weeks this time - still waiting for that approval!

Waited another 2 weeks - I was nervous that I was annoying the recruiter at this point - but here's the best part... this time I was in a very matter of fact way (about 2 sentences in email form) - that they are no longer going to be hiring anyone for this position, and the requisition was being taken down...

I wonder if I hadn't reached back out how many more weeks they would have jerked me around?

This is just my experience, and it doesn't reflect the consultants/partners I met with, they were all very nice. It's a shame that, honestly, my experience with how unprofessional a select few were has turned me off from applying, or using them for consultation services ever again.

Air Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Environmental Resources Management in May 2016.

Interview

The whole interview process consisted of two steps, first online video interview and then onsite group panel interview. Very pleasant, very friendly, very informational. During the onsite interview, all group members participated; each have different questions. A good opportunity to get to know the people one would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the position   1 Answer
    • What is your weakness   1 Answer