Envoy Marketing Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Envoy (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

VisaNow used my resume to create the job description for the position, yet I never made it past the first interview. Now, perhaps I wasn't the right candidate, but that is just plain bizarre. I got the sense that the CEO (who is a lawyer) really controls marketing. Case in point -- he was in the middle of working on the new website plan and about to launch the build out as they were STARTING to interview for the Marketing Director job. Interestingly when I recommended that they wait until they hire their new Marketing Director (who might have a thought or two about the website), suddenly my qualifications weren't right. Also, it was really nebulous around why the former director was leaving -- and it doesn't appear that they've been able to keep anyone since. So, if you are a junior marketer and a tactical implementer, this might be the place for you. If you are a strategic marketer used to running a department - proceed with caution.

Interview Questions

• How would you leverage the web to attract new business?   1 Answer