Epic Clinical Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Clinical Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Epic

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted in 2 days for phone interview. About 2 days after the phone interview, I got setup with the online assessments. Received an email after assessment tests thanking me for my interest, but declining me the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in May 2018.

Interview

It was a full day event, with multiple interviews and a presentation. Everyone was very friendly and well organized. I was told I would hear back within 2 weeks. It’s only been one, but my references haven’t been contacted yet. Crossing my fingers for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Epic? How did I get interested in this field?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in August 2018.

Interview

Too soon to receive offer- will update. I applied directly on their website and heard back within a week, I think. The first email that came was one that told me the offered salary would be less than my “acceptable range” I listed on the application and did I want to continue, which I did.
    I had a 30-min call with a recruiter to give me an overview of the company and role. We talked about the % time spent traveling, some of the more unique benefits, and the required relocation to Madison, WI. I was reassured that, if I got far enough in the process, I would be flown out to the “Intergalactic Headquarters” for a few days to have an extensive day of interviews and get a feel for the surrounding towns. Madison is really fun.
    She had me walk her through my background/previous work experience. It was like a conversation, rather than a traditional interview. No curve-ball questions.
    They advise you to sign up for their online proctored exam and personality test quickly. Basically, you connect with a person remotely who accessed your computer mic/camera. You’re allowed scratch paper and a calculator.
    There are responses from other people on here that outline the types of questions. Basically, there are timed sections and there’s nothing to study. It felt a little like the PSATs. The section about learning a made-up code threw me, because I have ABSOLUTELY no experience with something like that.
    I thought I’d bombed that test, but I spoke with an HR person less than 48hrs post-test. Asked standard interview questions, no curve balls. We discussed what to expect on site and how to prep. They paid for airfare and were flexible about the length of stay there. I flew my significant other in and spent all of Sunday, Monday evening, and Tuesday morning exploring and eating our way through Madison. They put you up in a hotel in downtown Madison and pay for all the transportation and meal costs. I don’t think they would reimburse for alcohol, as they do not allow employees to drink when customers are present, have dry events, and do not reimburse employees for alcohol while traveling. Sunday, an Epic employee took a group of applicants to dinner and answered whatever questions we had. He reassured us that the dress code really IS casual and it’s not a test. You can wear whatever you want, because the dress code for employees is also casual.
    On Monday, I had a 9am start time and was picked up at the hotel by a cab that bills Epic directly. I brought the requested application, unofficial college transcript, and list of 3 references. I met with an HR contact and was given a notebook and a schedule that outlined my day and noted where and with whom I would meet. There was always someone assigned to take me from one place to another. I was given time to set up my presentation (they’ll talk to you about it ahead of time if it’s something you need to do). I did my presentation, sat with a project manager and another applicant to get an overview of the role, then had two one-on-one interviews with clinical people. They wanted to know about me and then let me ask more specific questions about how the Clinical PM is different from a general PM.
    Everyone has some sort of skills assessment. Mine was a case study. Nothing to really prepare for. I was given a limited amount of time to make some notes about it, then talked it through with a PM asking some challenging questions.
    I had lunch with an Epic employee and a group of applicants. The food was paid for and was delicious. It provided the opportunity to also see a bunch of employees and get a sense of the culture.
    I got a tour of the campus lead by another employee and, let me just say, it was way too cool to describe. Tons of spaces to work, everyone gets an office and there are no cubicles (you may share an office). Each building is connected so you don’t have to go outside to get from one to another. They’re all given a fun, individualized theme and there’s art from local artists EVERYWHERE. You’ll hear the story about how “Deep Space” (their 11,000+ seat underground auditorium) was engineered, too. There are shuttles provided if you need to quickly get from one building to another and bikes everywhere to use, as well. The grounds are really beautiful.
    Finally, I met with my HR contact again, told him about my feelings on the day, and asked him some questions about benefits and things. He asked me several interview-type questions, but it felt pretty low-pressure.
    A cab took me back to the hotel around 3/3:30.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process before onsite was not that bad. They called and asked me a few generic questions (how did I hear about epic, where I saw myself in 5 years, how I felt about traveling) and told me someone would be in contact with me within the next few weeks to let me know if I would move forward in the interview process. The assessments were fairly challenging. For one of them I had no prior knowledge of the material, making it rather difficult.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about epic?
      How do you feel about traveling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process started with a 30 minute phone interview. Then, a "Skills Assessment" process was performed. The final interview was in-person the Madison, WI headquarters. The overall process was more lengthy than other companies, but the process wasn't arduous and all HR representatives were personable and friendly.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were during the in-person interview. They asked situational questions, such as, please read this paragraph about an example situation. How do you think this customer interaction is proceeding? What would you do in this situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in June 2012.

Interview

Long and arduous process. First emails requesting resume, cover letter, 3 letters of reference. Then a phone interview. Then proctored logic and programming testing at a local Pearson testing site. Then a flight out there to interview in person. Before the flight had to fill out a 6 page application repeating everything on my resume, have a list of 3 more references, and sign a waiver allowing them to do background check, credit check, and about 4 other checks I don't even remember. The interview process consisted of a tour, then me having to do a ten minute presentation to them about anything I wanted, then talking to a current project manager, then talking to an interviewer, then doing a case study with someone else about project management, then another interview, then finally a last interview with the main recruiter, who also made me do a two minute skills test. Then I had to go to a computer lab and take about an hour long test of math and english. Then they called a cab and put me on a plane back home. The place seemed like a cool place to work, environment-wise; no cubes, everyone gets an office, beautiful campus. But they kept emphasizing that I'd have to travel 50 to 70% of the time, working 60 hour weeks when traveling, and expect to work 45-50 hour weeks when not traveling. I am a recent grad, but second career; I don't think they liked that as they knew they couldn't abuse me as easily as they could a 22 year old. They hire people with economics and finance degrees to do Technical Services. I have over 7 years IT experience and I'm an RN - perfect combo for a company like Epic right? Wrong. No job offer. Like I said I am pretty sure it's because I have a wife and a life and wouldn't commit every waking hour to them. The rejection phone call was read from a script and left on my voicemail. Pretty insulting and unprofessional after dozen or so hours of hoops I jumped through for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in September 2009.

Interview

I applied online and within a week I was contacted to set up a phone interview. I was asked to take the Rembrandt profile test before the phone interview and respond with dates and times that worked for me to do the interview. I submitted the Rembrandt and responded with the dates available and they replied that same day with the interview time. It was set to be done within 3 days. I am impressed with how quickly the process has gone so far.

Interview Questions

• The interview is to review my background and skills, and to let me know more about the position they want to fill.   1 Answer

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Interview

Submitted resume. A few days later, I was invited to complete a phone interview. After answering some standard interview questions e.g. why us?, I was instructed to take a test that was proctored over the web. The test itself was very difficult but I passed. I heard back within a few days. I was invited to interview on their campus. The entire trip including gas to your closest airport, meals, parking. Basically, anything that is not a souvenir or liquor that's consumed on the trip is reimbursed by them. Multiple interviews. I was NOT a business major so their case study, which is common at consulting firms, was what really killed me. I prepared for all of their interview questions (they are all posted on this site) well but knew nothing about the cases.

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

As stated by others the process is a bit rigorous. Starts with an application followed by a lengthy skills assessment and a short phone interview. If you do well with these they fly you out to Wisconsin for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI).

Interview

If you read the other reviews on Glassdoor, I think people have done a great job describing the process. Everyone, especially their HR, was extremely responsive. They would even schedule or respond to questions over the weekend. Very accommodating and shows how much they care about their potential future employees.