Epic Games Community Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Games Community Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Epic Games

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Epic Games (Cary, NC).

Interview

Took several months. Had an initial phone screen, was initially not considered for the role. Received an email several months later to setup another phone screen, followed by a video interview, and afterwards an in-person interview on-site at Epic.

Everyone was friendly and welcoming. Met with a wide variety of departments and a mixture of in-person interviews and interviews with remote employees / teams via Google Hangouts in the office.

Ultimately was not offered a position due to lack of knowledge in a very specific subject matter for a product at the studio, but continue to have a great relationship with the recruiter and others I met during my interviews there. Would apply again if circumstances change or I a new position that appeals to me opens up.

They studio is VERY welcoming and accommodating and setting up travel for the on-site interview was painless. Was picked up by the recruiter at the hotel, and a wonderful (but short) drive to the studio, many casual conversations to just get to know people, and so forth.

Interview Questions

• How would you build a community around this product?   Answer Question
  • Do you have any experience building communities from the ground up?   Answer Question
  • What is your experience with [PRODUCT]?   Answer Question
  • How would you position [PRODUCT] differently than [COMPETITIVE PRODUCT]?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Games

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Games (Cary, NC) in January 2019.

Interview

It was easy for the most part - Applied online, then a breif phone call for background information. Then I was accepted for an interview in Cary, NC where I was later accepted for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Epic Games (Cary, NC) in January 2018.

Interview

I was first contacted by email letting me know they were interested in speaking with me. A recruiter screen took place, followed by a hiring manager call. At the conclusion of the call, the hiring manager expressed interest in bringing me in for an on-site. They made arrangements and were extremely accommodating to travel plans. The travel coordiators were always in contact making sure everything was still on track. They were considerate of my obligations and justs made it flow.

Epic went out of their way to make me feel welcomed the moment I stepped off the plane.

The entire day was just classy, it was well put together. I did not feel rushed through each interview. It was a very human experience. At the end of the day I was talked about next steps, and questions about relocation came up. Conversations about salary requirements were not awkward or uncomfortable. Everyone was just classy the entire day. One of the big things that stood out to me was asking how my family felt about the possibility. I know moving to a new city with a family is always a big consideration, but it was genuine interest.

Interview Questions

• If you could change the name of [redacted] what would you change it to, and why?   1 Answer