Epic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Epic

4,061 Interview Reviews

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied at the Career Fair in my college and was shortlisted for interviewing. Initially, I had a HR round where behaviorial questions and one design question was asked. After that, I was asked to take an online test. I qualified in that following which I was called in for onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find anything difficult in their screening process. Key to succeeding is being strong with basic computer science and math.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

After a phone screen, I was flown on site for a day of tours, testing, and interviewing. The experience was a bit exhausting and overwhelming but I was convinced of their desire to determine fit rather than qualification. They let me know the decision a couple of weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in April 2012.

Interview

I first learned about Epic at a university career fair. I gave them my resume. They emailed me about taking a personality test. I took the test and heard back 4 days later to schedule a phone interview. There were some miscommunications about our scheduled interview so it took 3 attempts before I actually had the interview. I heard back 7 days later about taking a skills assessment test. I read previous postings about this test and have nothing to add; It seems like every applicant takes the same test. After they emailed me about receiving the test a few days later, it took over 3 weeks to hear back from them.

They emailed me about scheduling an onsite interview/visit. I had the interview a week later. Their campus is BEAUTIFUL! Each building has its own personality and was designed and decorated accordingly. I spent 4 hours on campus (including a 1 hour lunch). Most of it was learning about the company (presentation of their software, tour of the campus, lunch with employee) except the 1:1 interviews with a Software Developer and HR. During the software interview, we talked about a project that I had worked on. I explained how I designed the project, and he asked why I chose the design I had. During the HR interview, I was asked about my references. I had 3 references and she asked what some bad/good things each one would say about me if she contacted them. Finally, there was a 2-minute math/IQ test. I only completed about half of the questions.

Note 1: I told my HR recruiter that I had another offer pending. She said I would hear back within 4 business days. Sure enough, on the fourth day I received a call from her with an offer.

Note 2: The only difference I could notice between the full-time and intern Software Development application process is that the full-time applicants have to give a formal presentation about something to a group of people. I had a 1:1 interview instead.

Interview Questions

• What are some positive/negative things that [this] reference would say about you?   Answer Question
    • What is a common misconception that people have about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in November 2012.

Interview

Submitted my resume at the career fair. I got an email after 2 weeks and they asked me to take an online test. The test lasted for 2.5 - 3 hours and it consisted a math section, some M programming language section and a coding section. The coding section was perhaps the most difficult. Its the usual hiring process I guess. 2 weeks after the test, I got an email and they invited me on site for a technical and an HR interview. There was nothing special about the entire hiring process. It was a really weird process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special about the hiring process. No unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied right before the school year ends. Phone interview with engineer(resume check). On-site include presenting a past project, technical problems(5 problems to solve on paper) and behavior interview with HR(also include a 1 minute quick test).

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult....be prepared for the on paper coding part. I feel like I messed up quite a bit but still got the offer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

First, i had a phone interivew and then they invited me to an on-site interview preceded by an presonality test.

On the day of on-site, its pretty much all the things other people have explained.

The on-site day went like this

1) Campus sight-seeing
    2) Software Demo
    3) Skills test (math, programming)
    4) job overview
    5) Lunch
    6) HR round
    7) Programming round (4 questions)

Software Development Intern Interview

Interview

1 HR Interview and 1 Software Interview
    Then they flew me out to Madison where half of it was a tour of the campus and finding out more about Epic. The other half was assessments (a math assessment, logic assessment (they present to you a made up programming language, and a programming assessment) and interviews (1 HR interview and 1 interview with a software dev). You also get to try out the food at their cafeteria for lunch, which is pretty awesome.

Interview Questions

• The programming sections was the most difficult. Just make sure you're very comfortable with algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

I applied through the website. Not a declared CS major, but with a CS minor.

They scheduled 2 rounds of phone interviews (one HR, and one with a software developer). HR interview was standard fare. The interview with the software developer was simply talking about programs I had written for my classes that I had mentioned on my resume. The interviewers were very polite and friendly.

I passed both rounds of phone interviews and then had to set up a scheduled test with Pearson. As I signed a non-disclosure agreement about the test, I cannot comment on it other than the fact that it was pretty difficult. I did not pass the test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a few days later to set up a 30 minute phone screening. The person on the phone was very friendly and spoke for a few minutes about what he did, and then asked me for questions. After I asked a few questions, he confirmed details on the resume and then asked about a project I had done. After this screening, I had to take the 2 hour knowledge test. The 20 questions about the new programming language were extremely easy, and there were 4 coding questions (harder, but only 1 tricky one). I thought it went well but got an email 2 weeks later saying they wanted to proceed with other candidates.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First round is a HR will set up a phone interview to have a basic conversation with you about your background and why you chose to apply for the position.
    After this, you will be required to participate a online test including a large amount of math/logic/programming questions and brain teasers.
    Finally you will be offered a on-site interview.