Epic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Epic

4,054 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online. Then I got an phone interview and an online test. The phone interview went through my resume and they asked me about a technical problem. It took me almost 3 hours to finish the online test. The speed test was really fast. I did poorly on this part.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult. But I don't know why I am rejected after the online test.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic in August 2014.

Interview

Forty five minutes phone interview followed by 3 long hours technical skills test which will be proctored by someone remotely. You'll be contacted by the recruiter after a week or so to inform whether you had qualified to the next round or not.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected questions so far for the phone interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic in August 2014.

Interview

Apply online.After a few days got a response to arrange a Phone screen. After 2 days, need to move on to Online Assessment.After a week got Rejected. well what else can i say

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Just do the question on careercup you will be ok.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

Had a telephonic round first. First they discussed a bit about my recent projects and asked few questions on that. Then they asked about Data Analysis as most of my projects were on that.
    Have to give third party online assessment test.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

Applied online and got HR's email back on the second day. Then scheduled a phone interview, including questions about why epic, my background, and a question about machine learning(using SVM). Then did the online assessment. After that, got the onsite interview. Onsite interview starts on 8:15 (tooooo early). first is a demo about the software, then talk to one software engineer, get some ideas about the company. The third round is a case study, develop a data structure for emergency room. fourth round is a informal presentation about your project. Then go to lunch with one software engineer. After lunch is a campus tour and HR wrap up.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions. they are trying to help you, not embarrass you   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online and also through college career fair. I received emails about asking for a phone interview after two weeks waiting. During the phone interview, it was 30 mins and included 3 parts. First of all is a ten mins conversion about anything about you and some random questions. Second is technical part. There are some open -ended questions as well. Finally, describe a five year plan of your career.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic in September 2014.

Interview

after the University Recruitment, there will be a hr officer inform you of a Phone interview, and a Technical test with a proctor. then I need to submit my transcript(unofficial is ok). The hr officer will say that he will contact you in a week or two. I am still waiting for the result.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic in September 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with them. During the interview, I was asked one technical question only. However, for that question, the interviewer kept giving me "what if"s. When I figured out a way to solve the problem with the given conditions, he adds some more conditions to the problem. Other than that, it's mainly casual questions and introduction about their company.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied on university career fair, got an phone interview one week later. 4 general questions: why choose EPIC; Why want to be software engineer; Talk about previous project/job. One tech question about a designing problem.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic in November 2014.

Interview

Met a campus recruiter and applied online. Received email confirmation in a reasonable amount of time asking to set up a phone interview. This call really isn't an interview, they just wanted to ask 1) why Epic, and 2) why software engineering. They ask a few questions off your resume but let you ask any questions you have of them. Separate from the phone interview, I was given a ProctorU account and told to take an online skills assessment. There are four sections on this test. One is a speed section with math word problems. One section they give you a dead computing language and explain how it works and ask you to evaluate increasingly complicated expressions. Another section is a bunch of math questions which are more like riddles, they were the most interesting part of the exam so do this section when you want a break from the other more dry sections. Last section is 4 programming questions. Pretty intense compared to other technical interviews. Most of the programs involved enumerating sets of strings.

Interview Questions

• Enumerate all possible anagrams of a random string where capital letters, numbers, and symbols are not allowed to move within the string.   Answer Question