Epic Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Program Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Epic

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied in December, heard back in early January. Started with an online test, then a phone interview, then I was offered an on site interview. The on site interview turned me off from the company immediately. I wasn't impressed with the cult-like culture of the company. I wanted to know more about the services they were selling, why they were different, how they worked with their clients. Instead I only heard about fancy buildings and sabbaticals for people that stayed with the company for 5 years. Cools buildings are awesome, but what I really heard was a high turnover rate and a job were I would be overworked. I wasn't impressed by the individuals I met during my interview, none of them seemed extremely motivated, none of them had an impressive resume or background. You can get this job but you have to drink the cool aide while in your interview. They took 3 weeks to get back to me, extremely unprofessional when they called to say they moved on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    What are 5 things you are not?
    If you were in charge of a group of people and they all wanted to choose plan A but you thought plan B was better what would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic in May 2016.

Interview

I applied after an Epic recruiter emailed me and encouraged me to apply. I applied online and they requested a phone interview a few hours later.

3 part process with the phone interview and skills assessment first. The skills assessment like everyone else has said was proctored and timed. It wasn't horrible but definitely not easy either. I did my skills assessment before my phone interview and it took me a little over two hours to finish. The speed math round goes extremely fast so don't spend too much time reading over one question. They really look for someone who can pick up things quickly and the programming section definitely demonstrated that (I have no programming background whatsoever).

The phone interview was casual and the interviewer was definitely really nice and accommodating. The interview itself wasn't anything to worry about as basic interview questions were asked but it would be helpful to prepare anyways. Unfortunately I did not make it to the next round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Set up in advance the interview lasted about 40 minutes. Plenty of time to ask questions and to hear from interviewer what it is like to work at Epic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the following week from an HR rep to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview scheduled for following week. A current Program Manager (PM) calls and conducts phone interview. PM thoroughly discusses job description and requirements for position. She also reviews my resume with me while asking specific questions for clarification when needed. She asked about specific job duties in my current and past jobs as well as my presentation and programming experience. I had roughly a dozen questions prepared to ask during my interview, of which the PM amicably answered. The interview lasted approximately 1hr and 15mins. Two weeks later I called EPIC HR to inquire about my application progression since I had not heard anything from them since the phone interview. The next day HR emailed and stated that I have advanced to the next step in the application process which is the assessment test. The assessment tests are comparable to the GREs with a math and verbal section. Although, EPIC states one does not need to study for these assessment tests, if one has not taking standardized tests in awhile it is a good idea to refresh one's test taking skills by going online and taking practice GRE tests before the assessment tests. The assessment test has four parts - verbal, math, programming, speed. The programming is basic and each grouping of questions in this section is preceded by a short concise education piece on the topic tested in this grouping. Math consisted of analytical word problems. Verbal consisted of reading comprehension, word relations, grammar and sentence completion. The speed section gives you a series of simple questions with a time limit of 2mins to see how many one can accurately complete in two minutes. I was also required to complete a Rembrandt profile/personality test for this second step in the application process. I am currently still awaiting to hear back from EPIC to see if I proceed to the next step which is the in-person interview in Wisconsin. I will return to inform the Glassdoor community of my experience with this next step in the process if I advance.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5yrs? What sets you apart from other applicants? Will you be willing to relocate to Madison, WI?
      Two coworkers are meeting each other - one from office 1 and the other from office 106. The coworker from office 1 is moving at rate of 5 offices a minute and the coworker from office of 106 is moving at a rate of 10 offices a minute. In front of what office will the two coworkers meet?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in March 2013.

Interview

took assessment test last week, wait for outcome.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within a couple days informing me that they wanted me to take an online assessment and do a phone interview. The phone interview was very straightforward (with an Epic program manager) and the assessment was tedious. Ultimately, the most annoying part of the assessment was downloading UProctor and dealing with the UProctor people. I thought I did terrible but turns out I passed the assessment, as they invited me to an onsite interview. They also notified me that they were considering me for both Program Manager and Technical Problem Solver. They treat you super well in Madison, covering all flight/taxi/hotel/food costs.

The onsite day was jam-packed with two case studies, a tour of the awesome Epic campus, a presentation (that you have to give), a one-on-one interview with your recruiter, a programming assessment, and most importantly, a lunch at their amazing cafeteria. They really care about making sure your time in Madison goes as smoothly as possible. I got call a week or so after the interview notifying me that they liked me and they would be happy to give me an offer for either of the positions they were considering me for.

I've heard 2% of the people who take the test get called in for an onsite visit but then 50% of those who visit onsite get an offer. So essentially, if you pass the test, you're halfway to an offer. Good luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in December 2017.

Interview

1 hour phone call. They match you up with someone in the same position, and, in my case, someone with similar academic background. That broke the ice right off the bat.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself, or what do you want to accomplish 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through my university to apply for Technical Problem Solver initially. I applied for this role and had the phone interview which is really casual - they'll ask you some questions that you already answered on the application (the person I talked to said they were filling out a form) and then some other pretty standard questions. Then there was an online assessment which is just a logic exam (quick math, reading comprehension, learning fake language, etc - can't say specifics since there's an agreement). They emphasize doing everything FAST. It's not too difficult but it will take you some time especially because the proctoring service they use had a lot of issues for me. There's also this personality quiz that you have to take. They then contacted be about 4 days later and said they would like me to apply for another position, Program Manager, and that I would then be contacted to schedule an interview onsite. So I turned in that application and then about a week later I was told that they were moving on to other candidates. I contacted them because there previous email had said that I would be invited onsite for an interview and I was wondering if this was in response to my initial application for the technical problem solver position. They basically said, "Sorry that email was a mistake, we are moving on to other candidates." I was really disappointed by how unprofessionally they handled this - if they were not going to offer me an interview at least they could have said that from the beginning instead of wasting my time, asking me to fill out another application, and having me think I needed to prepare for an interview. Overall, this was a timely interview process and poor experience.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals for 5 years in the future?
      Why did you choose your major?
      What area of healthcare are you interested in?
      How willing are you to travel (%)?
      Are you willing to relocate to Madison?
      Why are you interested in this position?
      GPA, Major, University?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Flew me out to Madison the night before. Spent the entire day presenting on a topic of my choosing, doing a team hackathon-style interview, and a one-on-one. Also fed us quite well, gave us a campus tour and sent us on our way.

Interview Questions

• Given these case specifics how would you build a solution for a potential client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Epic (New York, NY).

Interview

HR responded to application within 24 hours, and set up a telephone interview for a few days later. The initial interview is conducted by an individual who works the position I applied for, not a HR team. Very conversational. The interviewers called significantly later than was setup though, upwards of an hour. Also eluded to having a slew of interviews to conduct after our conversation.

After the phone interview they have you take a proctored online skills assessment. Which is difficult if you aren't especially technologically gifted.