Epic Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 698 of over 5.1K interviews

Campus Recruiting25%
Recruiter14%
HardAverageEasy

Epic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic

Interview

Phone screen (30 mins) > online test (3 hours) > final interview (3 hours) You can find all the questions you need to succeed by looking through Glassdoor. I scraped through hundreds of the interviews here and no question I was asked wasn't here, so study up and prep your answers. Phone screen is easy, but the test was honestly really difficult and determines your fate. Lots of logic, pseudo-coding, math, and English grammar skills. The final day is a few rounds but at this point, maybe half will get an offer (software demo, PM role overview, case study, presentation, wrap-up with recruiter). Come prepared, speak about something you know well for your presentation, and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
  • General * Tell me about yourself. * Name 5 things you are not. * What are traits you think make a successful leader? * What is the most interesting thing you ever did? * Are you more of a big picture or details person? * What would you bring to this job that you feel others may not? * What is the best advice you would give to yourself five years ago? * If I spoke with your references, what would they tell me about you? * Describe your ideal supervisor. * How much do you participate in meetings percentage wise? * What is a misconception people have about you? * What is the most important trait in order to be successful? About Epic * Why Epic? * Where do you see healthcare in the next 20 years? * If given multiple job offers, what would be the determining factor in your choice? Work Experience * Tell us about a situation in which you took charge of a team. * Think of a time when you were in-charge and the decision you made turned out to be the wrong decision. How did you handle it? * Describe a time when you may have encountered a difficult situation and the steps you took to ensure resolution. * What type of projects have you done? * What was the most difficult project you had to complete? * Give an example of a time you showed initiative? * What is an example of a problem you solved? * Tell me about a time you were criticized. How did you work on this? Hypothetical Situations * Scenario: There is a decision to be made for a client in which there are four team members and one team leader. Everyone has the same experience and seniority. All four team members think that one action should be taken, and the team leader wants to do something else. The team members believe that what the leader wants to do will waste time and money for the client. * Two situations: one where you are the team leader and one where you are one of the four others. What do you do as each in this scenario? * Scenario: You have a go-live in a week but the physicians are not getting the advanced features they want and are threatening to quit if they do not get these advanced features. How do you solve the problem? * Scenario: How would you handle a situation where a client is about to Go Live with the product and tells you there is another hospital that the software is not created or tested for and hospital personnel are not trained? * How would you handle a conflict or disagreement with somebody on your team? * What would you do in a situation where you are a leader and you make a decision your team doesn't agree with? * What would you do if you disagree with your leader's decision? * If there was someone on your team who was chronically underperforming, how would you handle it? * You're in a group with three other employees, and you think you should solve a problem a certain way, but the three other group members think that the problem should be solved another way. You're certain you're correct. How do you proceed? * What would you do if a customer expressed a problem with one of your team members? * Would you rather speak in front of 30 strangers, 6 colleagues you know kind of well, or 1 person of authority? Why? * Which of the following would be the most difficult to present to: the CEO of a company, a group of 5-8 people who are pretty educated on what you're about to present on, or a group of 50 that have no background knowledge on the information you're presenting?
    Answer Question
13 people found this interview helpful

Epic

Application

I interviewed at Epic

Interview

Everyone was very nice. The skills and personality assessment was a challenge, but the interviews were professional and informative. I did not get the job, but I believe that was for qualifications at the time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Epic

Application

I interviewed at Epic

Interview

The whole process reminded me of sorority rush. You're put in groups and as the day progresses, you get to have 1-on-1 interviews with different program managers. They asked typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

Epic

Application

I interviewed at Epic

Interview

Informal interview, talked about Epic and the Role and past candidate experience. They will ask about travel and living in Madison, pretty straight forward. make sure to have a good answer to 'tell me about yourself' and can speak to your resume

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Epic

Application

I interviewed at Epic

Interview

2 online test screenings were followed by 2 phone interviews, one with someone from the role I was applying to and one with HR. Onsite in person day with 1:1 interview, group interview, presentation, HR I heard back within 2 weeks of the onsite day.

Interview Questions
  • If everyone in your group wanted to choose option A and you wanted to choose option B, which option would you choose and why?

Epic

Application

I interviewed at Epic

Interview

A phone interview, followed by a skills test, followed by a sequence of in person interviews and a 10 min presentation. The in person interviews include case studies, general interview questions, and a panel of 3 interviewers for the presentation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Epic

Application

I interviewed at Epic

Interview

Straightforward and easy, as long as you have a strong understanding of your strengths you will do well. The presentation is slightly stressful, but they make it relaxed so you can succeed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI)

Interview

Quick and simple. General questions about current job and why I want to work for the company. The interviewer was a current project manager at the company so it was more relatable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Epic

Application

I interviewed at Epic

Interview

Phone screen with someone on the team, then a proctored skills assessment that lasted approximately 2 hours. Asked various math and logic questions as well as syntax related to a made-up programming language.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Epic

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic

Interview

A few interviews, skills test; the interviewers are exceptionally kind, and expect you to be personable as well. Unfortunately, my offer was rescinded due to COVID, but I received a very kind email asking me to reapply during the end of COVID. Great recruiting staff.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 698 Interviews