Epic Quality Assurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Quality Assurance Interview Questions

Interviews at Epic

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI).

Interview

Fairly easy and laid-back interview. Online assessment/behavioral quiz, phone interview, on-campus interview (lasts all day) with multiple interviews and a tour of the facilities. They give everyone a weird programming test, so be expecting that even if you are not going for a programming role. All-in-all it was a long but fun day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Epic

Quality Assurance Interview

Interview

Applied online. Received emails from HR wanting to set up interviews. Phone interview followed by onlines tests. Waiting to hear back

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got an email scheduled for a 30 min phone interview, it was from a QAer at Epic and introduced a lot about the position and the company. Then I did the non-technical assessment and they decide to not move forward so I guess I didn't do well in the assessment.

Interview Questions

• Some math questions, they are not hard but you need to be prepared for the format.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

I met recruiters at a career fair. Afterwards, they told me to submit the application online. After they received it, they scheduled a phone interview with me. I spoke to another QA person and she told me all about the job description. After I passed the phone screen, I had to take a skiils test that had verbal, mathematical, programming parts. It was based on both speed and accuracy. It also had a lot of logic questions on there.

Interview Questions

• The technical skills test is the most difficult process if you work slowly like me.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my school but also had to apply through the Epic's career page as well. There's a simple test that you have to take that is about 2-3 hours long. After a week, I got an e-mail to arrange a phone interview. The 30-minute phone interview took me to Epic headquarters at Verona where I spent the whole day touring through the campus and had 3 one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any question being too difficult as they didn't require any technical knowledge. I remember most of them being simple behavioral questions that are used to test your fit. In short, I didn't make that fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through their website, a couple days later received an email to schedule a phone interview. Had a phone interview with a person currently working in QA. Basically she just told me about the job, asked why I was interested in the position, and reviewed information I'd already provided on my application (SAT scores, GPA, etc).

After that I was invited to take a test online. They make you have a proctor for the test via Skype. It's awkward. But the test wasn't too bad. There were four sections, one was a two-minute IQ test, one was math, one involved learning a fake programming language and basically just tested your ability to think programmatically, and the other one was an actual programming test. I don't think they usually give QA interviewees the programming test, but I have background in the area so I think that was why I had that part. It took about two hours. A few days later I got an email inviting me to fly out to Verona and interview on site.

There was a dinner with some Epic employees and other candidates the day before the interview day. The actual interview day's really casual, you don't have to dress up. They do an overview of the company, you talk to someone in the position, then you have lunch with Epic people in their cafeteria. After that I had an interview with another QA guy, a verbal test, and a generic HR interview. Very long process, all in all.

Interview Questions

• Name five things you're not.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

Submit resume/online application (pretty straightforward), phone interview (15 minutes of your background, then interviewer spends a lot of time telling you about position and company culture), online assessment (sections: 2 min speed math, math, programming), on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Sample online assessment question: in a pricing scheme, apples are $5, bananas are $10, and grapefruits are $20. What is the price of pears?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in December 2013.

Interview

Everyone was very efficient, it felt a bit like a cattle-call with so many people interviewing at once for the same position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your team lead wants to do something which you disagree with? What would you do if you want to take an action but your team disagrees with you.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

I received an email from Epic, they were referred to me by my university's career website. I don't have a strong background in programming, so it was refreshing to be contact by a company. At first, they wanted me to fill out their application, then I got a phone interview. Afterward, I received an email from the recruiter to schedule the next portion of the interview, which was assessment tests. The assessment tests weren't too bad, I feel like I went too slow on them and they emailed me saying they are moving on with other candidates.

Quality Assurance Interview

Interview

Very nice people, beautiful facility. Interviews were laid back.