Epic Quality Assurance Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Quality Assurance Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Epic

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Began with a casual phone interview. Nothing too difficult there. Next came the on-site interview. Requires staying in Madison overnight. Epic payed for the hotel. Interview takes a few hours but most of it is an introduction to the company and the software. One case study regarding different scenarios and was questioned on how to manage the problems and my time.

Interview Questions

• How do you react to someone who asks for your help again and again for the same issue?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

After submitting my initial application I was invited to take several personality and computer programming tests as I waited for my scheduled phone interview. The testing is time consuming and you are watched by a 3rd party exam proctoring service via web camera and microphone. I applied on a whim because I've heard good things about Epic and I was unprepared for how in-depth they get with their testing for a non-programming QA position. Be prepared and take it seriously.

The phone interview was very basic and relatively quick. They asked typical situation questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI).

Interview

Other job applicants have already spoken in detail the interview process with Epic. For the QA role I was applying to, it was pretty straightforward. I applied online, got a telephone interview, did the behavioral online test, met with a recruiter, and took their assessment exam at their Verona campus.

Interview Questions

• The assessment exam is worth looking over, in case you've been out of school or are rusty on your SAT/GRE/GMAT skills. It seems like a precursor to getting your foot in the door.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in April 2012.

Interview

Took an initial phone interview that was a phone screening. Seeing your interest and why you were applying and if you were ok with all that they would offer you (benefits, pay, etc). Then had to take a test at a testing center. One was "math" but it was really just trick questions trying to get you to think creatively I suppose. The other part used software lingo and it is designed to see how quickly you learn things. It was difficult for me because I had questions about it like, it could be this or it could be this, what is the difference?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in March 2010.

Interview

The first part of the interview process is a phone interview. They have someone call you from the department you are applying to and they just ask some very basic questions. They spend a majority of the time just telling you about the company and provide time for you to ask questions.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in February 2009.

Interview

I was invited to madison by the company, had a test in the morning followed by a programming test, I was given a tour of the company, given a job description by two people, they interviewed me, was taken to lunch, interview again twice by HR and a technical interview. Then I had to give some programming, IQ, english tests and I was taken to the airport to fly back home.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a negative quality that your employer would say that you possess.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me the salary I wanted

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in February 2008.

Interview

The interviews were probably as informative for me as they were for Epic. They were very open about the company's culture and the downsides of working for them. That said, the interview process took a very long time, and there were definitely times when I was discouraged before they finally offered me the job. Definitely not a standard interview process, but it was worth it, and it was an accurate reflection of what it's like to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions weren't nearly as difficult as some of the written that I took (personality, various skills, etc).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in January 2011.

Interview

Overall I had a very positive experience interviewing at Epic and thought that I had done very well during the interview. They asked general behavioral questions about how you would deal with a situation, but there was also one or two questions that I thought were unique. For example, you had to look at a picture and tell them as many ways to use it as you can within 3 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me as many different ways to use a brick as you can.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in December 2010.

Interview

Began with application and personality test. After that, they came back with a phone interview. After the phone interview, someone in HR mailed out a skills assessment that I took at a local library. About a week later they invited me out for an in person interview; they flew me out to Madison and covered all costs. Went through a long day of interviews, was called a week later with an offer. Still deciding whether or not to accept.

Interview Questions

• Name five things you are not.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied through the website and was contacted within a week to take the online test. A week later I was contacted to take a writing test and schedule a phone interview. The interview was like being interviewed for the school paper. The interviewer had a list of things to read and couldn't really provide any insight into the positions I asked him about. I asked about a position I had found on their website and the interviewer had never heard of it. Going over my resume was "So, you worked here. What was that like?"