Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Corporate Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Corporate Trainer Interview Questions

3.2

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

The process began with a phone interview with a staff member unaffiliated with the position targeted in my application. They then brought me out to Madison for an on-site interview. I met with HR twice during the day and had an informational session with a current trainer. I also had two skills based interviews with two senior trainers. Finally, they ask you to give a mock lesson to a room of current staff members.

Interview Questions

• About a reference: What would she say are two of your strengths? Two of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Corporate Trainer Interview

Interview

I applied online and the application was very short and simply--basically just uploading your resume. A few days later I was asked for a phone interview. The interview was about a half hour long and he basically just asked me questions about my resume. Then I had to do a two hour test on the computer. After that, I was asked to come in for a day-long interview. They were very prompt in getting back to me always--always within about 4 days.

Interview Questions

• In the computer test, there was a section about programming that was very challenging because I have no programming experience. However, Epic says that they hire people who have no experience and this seems to be that case because I still got asked for the next round interview.   Answer Question

Corporate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in June 2014.

Interview

The initial interview process went well. I was invited for a phone conversation with an employee in the same position. She told me details about the job and asked questions about my life and my experiences. She made me feel comfortable in the process. Less than a week later I was invited back for a testing process, as the second stage of interview. This was difficult-- you were expected to complete a series of coding questions, grammar, mathematical, and logic questions.

Interview Questions

• Completing the logic testing-- particularly the coding aspect.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

You start with a phone call -- average questions, my lady was very nice -- and then they set you up for the tests. For me it took about 5-10 days in-between each thing to hear back from them. I didn't have the intense programming section of the test, so for me it was four sections. There are a lot of word games and awkwardly phrased questions to try to throw you through a loop. It took me about an hour and a half to finish everything, though, and it's not too hard. The mandatory programming section is a little tricky if you have no experience, but it's simple if you take short notes while you're going through it. After that, you'll do another short assessment like most jobs do (do you consider yourself an angry person or a submissive person, etc.) and then wait again to hear back. If they decide to do the on-campus interview, they'll pay for everything. So even if you aren't sure about the position, it's a great opportunity and the campus is great. On campus you'll have around three or four interviews, a tour, a presentation consisting of one 15-minute and one 2-minute teaching session, and info sessions. They'll also pay for lunch, and possibly for dinner the night before.

Interview Questions

• During my first interview, they asked me to impromptu teach on a subject I would not be teaching later that day.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

The application and hiring process was exactly as described by so many others already: an initial application (with an essay question of your choosing, in addition to cover letter, etc.) followed by a phone interview with someone who's already in the job for which you're applying, followed by lots and lots of tests, followed finally by a "dinner" and an interview in Madison, WI.

Everything was very straightforward, professional, and friendly until my visit to Madison, when it got suddenly and universally creepy. I spent a whole day meeting people, and not one of them was unguarded or particularly interesting. Many of them were socially... disadvantaged. The art on the walls can only be described as Folk Art From Middle School. There is a token slide that everyone talks about and nobody seems to use. The cafeteria is filled with middle-American Engineering majors still wearing their college's t-shirts and cargo shorts. There is an image that this company works very hard to convey, and unfortunately for me, I think they found me to be too socially competent to truly fit into their Intergalactic Empire (for real). I thought I'd done a pretty good job of pretending not to be completely underwhelmed by their "okay let's just go get barbecue then" dinner the night before, and also of pretending to like the people I was meeting. They must have smelled the horror on me, though, because I didn't get an offer, and was treated very coldly by my recruiter in my final interview of the day.

Corporate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

This was a very thorough process, beginning with a Rembrandt profile, skills test, phone interview and finally an onsite interview. It was very interesting to take each step and the onsite interview was extremely informative. Despite living in a nearby city, they paid for all my expenses to arrive the night before and stay in a hotel. I was given ample chances to find out as much information about the company as possible, and felt very welcomed.

Interview Questions

• What are five things you are not?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in September 2012.

Interview

First, I filled out the online application and personality test. Then came a phone interview, followed by a computer-based verbal, math, and logic test. The test was administered at my local public library and was quite analogous to the SAT, though there was a section testing comprehension of coding logic at the end.

Corporate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in November 2012.

Interview

The on-site interview is essentially an all-day SAT. You will spend very little time talking to a person about your qualifications, and a lot of time taking standardized tests. There isn't really any way to prepare for this, except for practicing SAT/GRE kinds of questions. This might be a good way to weed people out for programming positions, but it is well established in the education community that standardized testing is a poor reflection of ability, especially for something like Corporate Trainer, where the essential skill is communicating with people. They like to advertise that they have a very "smart" staff, but hey, I'm a grad student at UW Madison (and a teacher), and I didn't get past the testing. So how did I get into grad school? Well, thankfully schools look at the whole person, not just a bunch of test scores. Epic passes by a lot of qualified people in the interest of streamlining their interview process. Their loss! Don't waste your time unless you happen to be a good test-taker.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions are all that difficult. They are all basic standardized test questions. But if you're not good with test stress, you won't be able to demonstrate your abilities.   Answer Question