Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Customer Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Customer Support Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2009.

Interview

They find resumes with keywords online, then email you and ask you to interview over the phone, since most people are too far away to drive to Verona, WI. They seem like a really good company. However, they call people and interview them, when they don't seem to really want to hire them. The interviewers don't ask pertinent questions to determine if you can actually do the job. They are basically looking for IT programmers that can double as support techs. These are two very different tasks. One requires an introvert, the other an extrovert. Most good coders that I know, don't want to talk to end users on the telephone or in person for that matter. They would prefer to write a FAQ and leave it at that. The two departments are separate for a reason. My credentials didn't really match the position, but they still wanted a phone interview. The psychological test online seemed pointless and the *correct answers were obvious to anyone who has ever studied Psych in college. The only reason I did the phone interview was for practice. I knew my qualification didn't match. Why do they waste their time? Maybe, they are having a difficult time finding workers. It makes me wonder?

Interview Questions

• How many hours per week do you program?   1 Answer
  • What languages do you use to code?   1 Answer
  • Do you have any other job offers?   1 Answer