Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Implementation Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

Dress is casual. You will absolutely stand out if you wear a suit or even business casual.

(Steps 2 and 3 may be reversed; I honestly don't recall)

1) Online application - very easy and straightforward; your college grades matter and you must provide a transcript
2) Phone screen - as a friend who did phone interviews told me, this is more for the company to sell themselves to you than vice versa; be personable. The company seems to think that they can teach anyone to implement, regardless of background or college major.
3) Computer exam - the company hires some sort of online moderator that will film you via your webcam doing an online exam that includes things like basic coding
4) Onsite interview - congratulations if you make it this far. You'll get a campus tour and the campus is pretty cool (this is how I was duped). Anyways, be prepared to do a group case study (though I had some friends who didn't do this as a group activity) which I think is meant to show how well you play nice with others. You'll also meet with people working in the role to which you applied (Kool-Aid drinkers) whose job it is to sell the company to you again. You will have to do a short presentation on any topic (healthcare, fishing, television, etc.) for a group of approximately three people to show that you can not only present effectively (since this will be a big part of your job) but also answer questions. You will talk to 1-2 people from HR or tenured folks (more Kook-Aid drinkers who have landed pretty high up on the Epic food chain). These folks will ask you some pretty standard interview questions.

Final thoughts - if the company is paying for you to travel to Wisconsin and stay in a hotel, they must want you and the job is really yours to lose at that point.

Interview Questions

• Name five things you're not.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't bother negotiating. The company has strict parameters for what they can offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online after a friend mentioned the company and within 3 days I had an email setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was very easy and straightforward. The interviewer was very personable and friendly and the questions were very straight forward.

Implementation Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

They first emailed me to schedule an interview. The phone interview took about one hours and was very casual. One of the current implementation service employees conducted this phone interview.

Implementation Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Very detailed process for hiring. Submitted a resume online, received an email requesting I complete an online assessment (mostly a personality screen is what I recall), then a 15 minute phone interview (that was more to verify my information and interest than actually interview), followed by an in-person interview (expenses paid) that included a tour, demo of the software, giving a presentation, taking more assessments (logic and reasoning primarily), and a situation-based interview.

Interview Questions

• Which part of the software did I want to work in. I had no idea at the time of the interview there were different applications - clinical, billing, registration, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't room to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in April 2011.

Interview

A friend submitted my resume. Epic requested a phone interview a month later. I had the interview, and was asked standard questions.

I went onsite two times for my interview; the total duration was a day. My onsite time included a tour, case study, tests, multiple one on one interviews, lunch, a position overview and a presentation.

Overall, the interview process was a positive experience; however, my HR contact sometimes took weeks to confirm interview dates.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview consists of on-campus interview/screening, analytical test, followed by on-site day long interview. During the on-site interview, you have to present a 15 minute lecture on any topic of your choosing. The important thing is that you present yourself in a composed way and are able to display good public speaking skills and grasp of a subject without looking rattled. Just make sure you practice/prep a lot because this is an important skill to display, especially if you're interviewing for implementation services.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if your boss isn't available, and an important decision has to be made?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in November 2010.

Interview

Applied at an on-campus event and was contacted the next day about a first round, phone interview. That consisted of just a couple basic questions and was fairly easy. After about a week, I was contacted via email and directed to a skills assessment. About another week after that, I was contacted about scheduling a day long, final round interview at Epic's corporate campus outside of Madison, WI.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in June 2010.

Interview

After applying online, I was directed to take an online personality assessment (Rembrandt). Following this, I was extended an opportunity to interview on the phone. The person I spoke with was not in HR, but instead worked in the department I would be working in. From there, I was invited to an in-person interview on campus. That day included a brief tour, a demonstration of the software, an in person interview, and a litany of assessments. Now, the waiting begins.

Interview Questions

• Various situation-based questions, such as how I would handle a scenario where I disagree with my supervisor. Interestingly, they switch it on you and present the same scenario but you're the supervisor who's team disagrees with you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview process was not too bad. I applied over a year ago and had passed the assessment and phone interview and was offered an in person interview but had to turn it down for another opportunity. When I reapplied they called me within 3 days and offered to fly me in and interview immediately. The interview was long but very professional compared to many companies (although there is a casual dress code). Overall not high pressure and I thought it measured a potential employees abilities quite well.

Interview Questions

• The questions regarding the business cases. Cant reveal anything, but it was the hardest part for sure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in March 2010.

Interview

Just as everyone else has mentioned. Phone interview, online personality test, flew me out to WI, gave me a one-on-one case study interview, I had to give a 10 min presentation, had a one-on-one behavioral interview with a recruiter, and a bunch of tests.

Overall, I found their hiring process to be fairly ridiculous. First, I find the initial phone interviews to be a total waste of everyone's time. I was asked several questions I had already answered in my application, repetition of superficial details annoys me. The online personality test was a bunch of BS and could easily of been faked, assuming you have half of a brain.

They flew me out, put me up in a hotel and bought me dinner. I opted to have dinner with an Epic employee and some other recruits. The Epic employee had zero personality, zero culture, zero style, seemed to have no idea what exactly healthcare was, immature, and well...useless. The other recruits were all still in college, immature, and fairly clueless. Not to mention had little to no personality. Also, I was annoyed at Epic's failure to pay for ancillary travel expenses (ie: airport parking). Other companies that have flown me around for interviews did just that, which is polite and the right thing to do for a poor graduate student with loans out the nose.

One would make the assumption that putting recruits through this hiring process would find competent individuals capable of peddling a product in this field. However, I failed to meet a single Epic employee that would NOT be torn a new one should they be put in front of a physician. I'm not quite sure how they are in business! Anyways, I decided not to take the job. Epic does a great job of pampering their employees when they are at the "Intergalactic Headquarters," but the place just was not for me. It also seems like they constantly interview a steady stream of clueless college students who are entering the workforce yet have no intention of actually leaving their hardcore bing drinking ways for adult life.

Interview Questions

• What are 5 things that you are not?   2 Answers