Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interface Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interface Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

The hiring process consists of a written test and a phone interview and the company and interviewr are very friendly. once you get slected you receive a onsite call to visit madison for the final round.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in July 2010.

Interview

Nothing more to add. People have already mentioned. The questions keep repeating. Be confident and prompt with your answers. People are friendly and they treat you well.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when something you were in charge of did not go as planned.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in July 2010.

Interview

I was contacted first by a recruiter from Epic through email, and then I got an online personality test. After two or three days I got a phone interview invitation, right after I finished the phone interview, I got on-site interview and it took one day for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interests in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in June 2010.

Interview

I went through the questions asked on this website before my phone interview. They matched to the word. I was asked about:
    1. where I see myself 5 years from now?
    2. what I expect from the role?
    3. how I came across that position/how I heard about epic?
    4. One was - how many hours of coding I do? (I said zero because my current job doesn't require me to code - I'm a business analyst. I think this is why I wasn't selected to go on to the next round. It may also have been because I need sponsorship but they explicitly mentioned that are willing to sponsor a visa for this position so I'm not too sure what the reason was)

It lasted 40 mins and I thought it went pretty well. When I was asked about the things I liked/did not like in my previous work experience, the interviewer kept justifying how epic was different from the experiences that I quoted for the bad experiences and for the good ones - how epic is exactly like that. (I found that a tad bit weird.)

Anyway, good luck to anyone else who takes this interview. If you don't want to code, this isn't the job for you though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in June 2010.

Interview

I got a mail from an Epic Recruiter asking me to apply for the interface Analyst position. I applied and received a follow up to take the personality test online. In a couple of days I received an invite for a phone interview. The interviewer called on the scheduled time and was a very friendly and accommodating person to talk to. The interview was a casual discussion about my previous experience and the kind of a job I looking for. I was pretty much confident of getting to the next step in the process and in a couple of days received a mail from HR person regarding scheduling an on site interview at the Epic HQ at Madison. I am scheduled for the interview next week. Hoping to get through this final step.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Detroit, MI) in June 2010.

Interview

1. Recruiter sends email
    2. After resume submission, online personality test is given
    3. Phone interview of half an hour is done
    4. Skills test at an offsite location is done

Interview Questions

• As an interface analyst, you need to bring your managerial as well as engineering skills together. Explain how will you do that.   Answer Question

Interface Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in May 2011.

Interview

Submitting an application required a lot of educational stats: GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and the like. It's definitely a process geared toward entry-level candidates (though there is still room for experienced hires, and the offer took my experience into account when it came). The phone screening was quick, easy, and straightforward -- seemed to be mostly just a surface check to screen for obvious unsuitability.

On-site interviews: I was expected to drive myself, which took about five hours. Some people get flown in, I'm sure, but I guess I was within the get-here-on-your-own radius. They put me up in a hotel in downtown Madison, very near State Street -- surely aimed at showing off the city in its liveliest and most metropolitan light. It felt like a hefty drive the next morning to get from there to the campus. I had to give myself plenty of time to make sure I got through the city's morning traffic and a bunch of miles.

The day featured a lot of variety. The recruiters spent as much time selling me on Epic as they did evaluating me. We got some all-around pleasant propaganda for the company and the city, plus a quick tour of part of the campus.

But I certainly had work to do. The lengthiest and most challenging element was the battery of written exams, which included a pair of programming skills tests. I was told they'd be graded on accuracy and speed of completion. (The sort of person who enjoys pencil-and-paper puzzles will do very well in this process.)

I found myself in several small-group settings as well, given opportunities to learn about the software, to talk to a developer and ask questions about the job, and to eat lunch with an Epic employee in more of a casual social setting. I later learned that even my small-group lunch was evaluated -- our host was expected to send written comments on each of us back to HR. I suppose it was meant to screen friendliness or personality; I can't imagine what else you could judge from lunch.

I also spent an hour in a 1-on-1 setting with another developer. Probably the most stressful setting of the day, but it wasn't so bad. My interviewer led by lobbing programming problems at me to see how I'd do, and from there we shifted into discussion of specific technical project experience. I'd been told beforehand to come prepared to discuss a development project of interest from my past. The instructions mentioned preparing a visual aid ahead of time, but I'm sure I could have done without it. It was a typical interview; candidates will do well by staying relaxed, demonstrating knowledge and passion, and developing a comfortable rapport with the interviewer.

I'm proud to say I did not not seek the test questions online beforehand, which is of course cheating. But I did study before the on-site day, brushing up on core CS concepts like sorting, recursion, algorithms, vocabulary. I'm sure it helped on the tests and in the 1-on-1 interview. But even if all it does is help to maintain confidence, it's worth the time.

After all that, it's a waiting game. They've just collected a ton of information on a ton of people, and it takes time to process it all. I finally got a call about two weeks after my on-site visit -- it feels interminable while you're waiting, but there's nothing you can do. Once Epic's run all its results through whatever formula they've got, if they like what they see, they'll start contacting references, and then it's not long before Epic calls with their decision. In my case, they called as soon as they got off the phone with my reference.

To anyone about to submit themselves to this process, it's a great place to work. Good luck!

Interface Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in February 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter to set a phone interview. I was then called up at the alloted time and asked questions related to my projects, general about epic and the position requirements. next after a week i again got a call stating they would want me to sit for skills assessment test which included programming test, gre quant type test and questions based on a some language developed by them..speed and accuracy very important. after 2 weeks i got a reject.

Interview Questions

• Security Keypad Question. where the person is allowed to enter at the maximum one digit wrong and that digit can be in the horizontal and vertical directions only.   Answer Question

Interface Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in February 2011.

Interview

interview wasn't interesting at all. MIS was not they were looking for but i don't know why they wasted my time as well. They asked some basic q's not technical. THe technical round did not have any tech ques as well. But they hire computer science students. This is what i heard atleast.References works a lot. From your professors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your project experience   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the position that you applied for? and justify how you'd qualify for it?   Answer Question

Interface Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied online. I had to take a personality test and a phone interview. These two are really easy, dont worry about it. Then had a skills assessment test at a local testing center. After around a month, I went to the onsite interview. I had to take an Iq / logic test , a math test and a one on one interview. They replied that I got the job after 2 weeks.