Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2016

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

There are 3 stages. You fill out a basic application online then you will be contacted about a phone interview. It is short and they ask you basic questions like why epic and describe a project you worked on. Then you'll be selected to take their assessments which take 2-3 hours and are proctored online. Next you will be invited to an on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you have worked on in the past? What would you have done differently? What were some challenges?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

The interview consists of three parts like others said on Glassdoor, 1)Phone Interview, 2)Online Assessment and 3)Onsite interview. I applied in a career fair at my school and received an email the next day about getting my resume. Then I was emailed to do a phone interview. The next week, I was invited to do the online assessment. After this, it was the onsite interview. Epic campus is so nice. During the onsite, I was given a campus tour and introduced to their softwares. The two major interviews are the one with one of their software engineers and another one with the HR. The whole process runs really smoothly and everyone is so nice there.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter at a college career fair and then had a phone interview where I talked about my interests, experience, and a software project I worked on. Afterwards, I took an online test and got a email a couple weeks later to set up a on-site interview in Verona. Finally, I had an onsite interview that took a little more than half a day.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a previous project you've worked on. Describe what you did and a problem you overcame while developing that project.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I gave my resume at my university career fair and heard back very quickly about a phone interview. the interview was very basic and laid back, just basic questions about yourself and your resume and why epic. Then was the technical exam, which had 2 sections; a new programming language and 4 straight up programming assignments. Kind of difficult, but there was no real way to prepare.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

Simple process. Phone interview, then online assessment, then they bring you onsite. I didn't get past the online assessment. It's a bit tricky and they don't give you an IDE or anything.

Application

Interview

Brief 30 min phone interview that was very casual. HR or the phone caller asked about recent coding projects and what not. I am currently waiting to do the skills assessment.

Interview Questions

• Recent projects you have done and what you would do to make them better now.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone Screening, Skills assessment, and then on-site interview in Madison if you pass the skills assessment. Phone screening part was very easy, for mine, a software developer called me and just asked a couple of questions about what I had on my resume. A large portion is actually you asking them any questions that you may have about Epic. The first part of the skills assessment is easy if you've had any experience coding, second part is position specific and was challenging (for the software internship) in my opinion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Waukesha, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

I started with phone interview. I expected it to be hard to go, but not really. It took about 10 minutes, and the questions were very general, like: "why Epic", "why software engineer", etc. Overall, I don't think they care about this phone interview. The next stage is skill assessment. After phone interviewed, you are automatically got into this stage. There will be two parts: "general test" and "language test". In the first part, they test how you adopt with a new language. They give some basic rules of that language, and ask you some questions based on those rules. The second part was about algorithm. They give you four problem, and you must use whatever the language to duel with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

The got back to me pretty quickly. They first called me for a 15 minute phone interview where they just asked about the stuff on my resume and whether or not I would want to work at Epic. After that I was sent a skills assessment with two parts. The first part was a made-up programming language which you had to think about how to use. The second part was more conventional programming problems, 4 total. They give you 3 hours for these two parts, and the entire process is monitored by a proctor (you don't talk to them, they just watch you). Don't get too cocky, double check your answers. I thought the problems didn't seem too hard, and I finished pretty early, but I didn't end up getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Given a string, print out all permutations in alphabetical order.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in October 2015.

Interview

"get to know you" phone interview then online technical assessment. The phone interview is simple. It basically makes sure you do not fit an awkward engineering student stereotype. Just be genuine and have a conversation with the person on the other end and you'll get through. For the assessment, I would recommend studying up on recursion and general algorithm development because it is pretty tricky and it is timed. It definitely caught me off guard but if I would have prepared for it then it wouldn't have been very difficult. I wouldn't stress about it too much but it is definitely something you need to keep in your mind as it approaches.

Interview Questions

• they will ask you about your past projects. make sure you can elaborate about them.   Answer Question