Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,342 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

First, there was a video chat screen, where I spoke with a former developer who asked the standard questions, asked if I had any, etc.
    Then, an online coding assessment. Took three hours, a few algorithms questions which were not too easy.
    Finally, onsite interview, where I spoke with a few people and got tours throughout the day, and finally had an interview with a developer which mainly focused on my past experience and preparedness for the position.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Easy online application, followed by online testing to test math/problem-solving skills and phone interview with a PM that tells you more about the role and asks some behavior questions. On-site interview was day long process, met other candidates and many current PMs, included group case study project, tour of campus, and a ten-minute presentation on a topic of your choice.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? What are factors most important to you in selecting a job? How would you handle a disagreement with a team member? What are five things you are not?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

They got back to me within a few days after submitting my resume to schedule a phone interview and skills assessments. The phone interview was relatively straightforward and casual. You speak to a current project manager and it's a good opportunity to learn more about the role while they also learn more about how you would fit into the company. I found the skills assessments to be fairly difficult, but not impossible, SAT style questions. Overall I had a good experience with Epic's interview process.

Technical Services Interview

Interview

Phone call asking mostly behavioral questions. I also submitted a coding project online, which was challenging and took 2 hours. This was followed by an on-site visit to Verona, WI with several interviews/tests looking at your math/ problem-solving/ prioritizing skills. You will have several opportunities to talk to people working in the role for which you are interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are the two factors most important to you in selecting a job?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by a day on campus speaking with people in the role you are apply for. You might be asked to present on a topic you are interested in and talk for ten minutes in front of a group of 3-4 Epic employees.

Interview Questions

• What percentage of a meeting would you spend speaking in a group of 4   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

1.) Phone Interview: This portion was very low stress, no technical questions were asked.
    2.) Online Assessment: Uses an online proctoring service. Assessment is long (~3 Hours), and some of the programming questions are fairly difficult
    3.) Onsite

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Had a screening call, an online test (both of them were really easy), and a phone interview. After that I was flown to Madison to take a tour of the company and a very casual interview.

The questions once you were onsite were kinda ambiguous, as most of the time It was them talking about the company.

I had an interview were I had to talk about a project I had worked on previously
    And another interview were I had to talk about a hypothetical scenario of how I would design a system.

The interviews themselves were easy, so I don't actually know what is it that they use to select candidates.

After I got home they sent me an email asking about my college (so I'm assuming they take what college you come from into consideration) .

Two weeks afterwards they called me telling me they weren't moving forward with me.

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I had actually applied for another job, but someone from HR emailed back and said I might be a good fit for this position. A phone interview was set up, which was very conversational and straightforward. There were also a number of assessments to take.

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

Interview

I received a phone interview to describe my interest in the position as well as to share some background information. This was followed by a more thorough interview consisting of a skills assessment and personality assessment.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

You start with a telephone interview, which is just a way for them to screen whether you are a good fit. If you pass, they will bring you in for an in-person interview. However, they also look at how you do on their examination. I assume they are looking for people who work well under pressure but also can multitask and manage issues that aren't your area of expertise.