Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018
3,533 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Overall the interview process was great compared to most other companies. A human resources representative was in contact with me a day after putting in the online application and within the week I had a phone interview with a developer and the online technical skills assessment.

The phone interview was 30-45 minutes and consisted of questions about my professional experience and some softball technical questions on the basics of arrays vs linked lists. The online assessment was much more rigorous. There were three sections: The first was a "speed test" that asked 10 easy math/logic questions--the catch is you have to answer all of them in 2 minutes! I was able to get through about 8 of them before I ran out of time. The second part was a "fake language" section in which the questions describe a made up programming language that didn't work like any language I've ever used. This was the easiest section in my opinion and really was more like reading comprehension.

The third section was a real programming assessment and was the most difficult by far. There were four challenges in total. The first one was pretty easy, but the rest were pretty challenging including one that involved dynamic programming. Ultimately, I think I came up with solutions that were more or less correct; the real challenge here is that you're not allowed to use google to look up any sort of syntax or library function behavior. I think I, like many other developers, tend to use google as a crutch and don't know languages as completely as we should. At the very least it was a wake up call to develop a more comprehensive knowledge of the languages I use.

Two weeks after the technical skills assessment, I received an email saying that they decided not to continue with the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Overview of company: discussed Madison and living in the area, work-life balance, working at Epic, Epic community, etc
    case study: discuss how I would handle different interactions with customers and team-members
    tour
    one-on-one interview with HR: short conversation, a bit of resume review
    technical assessment (programming)

Interview Questions

• Has anything concerned you that you've learned about this position?   1 Answer
    • What are you looking for in other positions you've applied to?   1 Answer

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I had a phone interview. The first time, no one called and I emailed to reschedule. I thought the interview, the personality assessment, and the online skills test all went well but didn't get an offer.

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Interview

Applied online through their website. Was contacted shortly after to set up skills assessment and phone interview. Skills assessment was to test coding ability. Phone interview was easy; just asked why I wanted the job, what I was looking for in the position, etc.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Online Application - Applied online through their website.
    Phone Interview - Spoke for maybe 30-45 minutes with an engineer about the projects on my resume.
    Skills Assessment - Proctored online assessment in which you tackle math/IQ/programming-type questions.
    Onsite Interview - You spend the day familiarizing yourself with Epic's campus. Around lunch, you'll speak with an engineer about a technical development project of yours (30 minutes). After, you'll speak with an HR member regarding your interests and career goals.
    Offer - !!

Interview Questions

• Give a presentation about a previous technical development project of yours.   1 Answer

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

There are three parts:
    1. Phone interview
    2. Skills Assessment
    3. In person interview

The skills assessment takes about 3 hours. When I was about to start the skills assessment the proctor said I was allowed to have a basic calculator, but since I didn't have one, (I usually use my phone) I had to reschedule the test for the next day so I could get one.

I haven't had my in person interview yet, so I can't comment on what that was like.

Project Manager Interview

Application

Interview

it was only a phone interview followed by a long online personality and technical process that took about 4 hours and was way too serious for an online coding test followed by 3 weeks of not hearing results

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Phone screen was average, typical phone screening. Technical assessment was difficult but I still made it past to final round. Flew out and talked with lots of people about the position, nothing too stressful just lots of information.

Technical Services Interview

Interview

Applied for both TS and Project manager. Consisted of two case studies (one group, one ind), an HR interview, tour of campus, lunch, meetings with employees to ask questions, and a presentation of your own to a group of employees

Interview Questions

• Nothing that difficult. The case study questions kept you on your toes.   Answer Question

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Had the phone interview and got called back for a onsite interview (scheduled for next week). Very quick turn around time, the phone interview was 30 minutes with someone on the team. Also had to do online assessments that took about 3 hours total. I would have requested to do it at a testing center if I had realized that it would require the testing service to be allowed to take control of my computer and show my entire room to prevent cheating.