Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017
3,387 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Interview

There are three parts- a phone screen, a remotely-proctored online assessment, and an on-site interview. I made it to the online assessment.

The phone screen is actually very straightforward. They just want to know why you're interested in the company, and have you walk them through a project you've done in the past to demonstrate good background.

The online assessment was the worst interview experience I've ever had but not because of the assessment itself. If you're not familiar with ProctorU, it's a remote proctoring service where you screen-share and have your room monitored for the entirety of an examination. You get one bathroom break and a fairly intrusive environment where you need to open up a port in your computer for them to view incoming/outgoing traffic. The exam involves having you solve some standard programming questions, a speed-focused logic section, and an interesting section where you learn Epic's internal language on the fly and answer some questions about it. So this assessment seems to take people 2-4 hours.

My issue had less to do with the assessment itself (which I thought was interesting and quite fair) and more to do with ProctorU. If your connection bugs out for a few seconds, your assessment is paused and you may wait anywhere between 5 to 20 minutes for a new proctor to show up, during which you aren't allowed to go and take a bathroom break. So I spent a total of about an hour dealing with technical difficulties during/between sections because my bandwidth was about average and not capable of keeping up a constant, good-quality stream to a remote location while taking an exam in real time.

Overall if they figure out some way to ensure compliance without using a program like ProctorU, or just defaulting to onsites, that'd be great. I think the online assessment was actually a pretty interesting and otherwise useful system. But the online assessment was, for me, a pretty bad experience just because of the proctoring software.

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Extremely disappointed with the professionalism of this company. Applied and got response next day to schedule phone interview/assessments, which was great - but on day of scheduled phone interview, no one called after waiting for 45 minutes. Sent email to HR and got no response after several days, before sending another. Finally several days after second email, finally got response to reschedule without any kind of apology or mention of the mishap or delay. I get they were having a busy week for their international conference, but this kind of sloppiness was totally unprofessional. Had to spend lots of time doing their online assessments too. Overall, it was a total waste of time, should have known something was up after the phone call no show.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

The phone interview was more informal than I thought, helped to learn the role better. The profile assessment that I completed before the interview was actually kind of fun to take. The turn around time from when I applied and got a phone interview was only a few days.

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I applied through a campus career fair and was offered a phone interview. This was followed by a 2 hour online test. The next step would be an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What other types of jobs are you applying for, are you applying to graduate school?   Answer Question

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview:
    1. Basic greeting
    2. Background questions- tell me about yourself, how do you know this job....
    3. He/she give a brief job description
    4. Answer interview questions
    5. Ask questions

Online assessment
    Onsite interview
    final decision

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you know Epic?
      2. Tell me about yourself.
      3. Why do you choose XX major in your undergraduate and graduate school?
      4. Will you be able to relocate to WI?
      5. How many hours do you spend for programming each week?   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Application

Interview

I met with Epic Systems representatives at my college's career fair. From there, I received an email to schedule a ~35 minute phone interview with "x" person. I schedule said interview.

Come the specified date and time I did not receive a phone call until 45 minutes after the interview was supposed to start from someone other than "x" person. By this point I could not begin the interview because I had an obligatory group meeting for a class project in 10 minutes. The interviewer asks me to follow up with the head recruiter to schedule a new interview time. I sent an email immediately after the call and never received a reply. Needless to say, this is highly unprofessional behavior, and I did not expect this from a company like Epic.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Applied online. Within two hours I received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. Then took the personality test and the proctored online skills assessment. Then the day after the phone interview I received an email saying they would like to bring me to Wisconsin to interview for both the project manager and technical problem solver role. Skills assessment was tough but there was nothing you could study for, just quick math skills and logical reasoning. Phone interview was very casual and helped clarify the role of the project manager.

Interview Questions

• If you had multiple offers, what criteria would you base your decision off of?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Online technical interview where I had to have my webcam on. Then they flew me to Madison for a day for an interview where I talked about a project then a behavioral-type interview.

Interview Questions

• What's a misconception someone might have about you when they meet you for the first time?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial call, online skills assessment, then they bring you in. Call is why you want to join Epic and a project you've worked on, and the skills assessment included a new programming language that they created and test you on it.

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was about 40 minutes. Quite casual. Epic let someone who is working as technical problem solver to do the phone interview. Also shared more details about job responsibilities and company culture.