Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2018
3,709 Interview Reviews

2.9

Interview

Hiring process was a great experience. I received quick responses and guidance from HR. The on site interview really stood out because of its relaxed nature. You spend about half the day in various interviews and the rest exploring campus and learning about your future job.

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I was very displeased with my phone interview. The employee interviewing me came across as having no interest in me or the interview. It was very much a one-sided conversation, and at several points I felt like he was not even paying attention to what I was saying. It completely tuned me off from this company.

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Was selected to take the Epic Skills Assessment. Unfortunately, my proctor for the exam left while I was halfway through my exam so I was unable to finish a large portion of it.
    I notified Epic about this situation and the company administering the exam. Epic immediately sent me a rejection email. I sent them emails with explanations of what occurred and when they finally replied they just resent the rejection letter. I expected a better response from Epic and was very disappointed to have an opportunity taken away from me due to the error of someone else...

My advice to you is to make sure you have a proctor that won't leave halfway through the exam and cost you a job.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Starkville, MS).

Interview

After I filled out the application form, they emailed me for phone interview. The next step after that was proctored exam. After the proctored exam it was supposed to be on site interview, but I was not selected for onsite.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview questions were about the projects I have done and I had to explain all those entity relationship stuffs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in June 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by HR after I requested more information about a few positions and had sent them my resume. Brief phone interview followed by a skills assessment and some personality testing. Testing was not bad if you are a logical thinker.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got an email a few hours later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was 30 minutes and pretty straightforward. The person who interviewed me was friendly and only asked a handful of typical HR questions and then asked if I had any questions, which took up the majority of the 30 mins.

A few days later, I took the online skills assessments which took about 2 hours. They weren't difficult per se but not as straightforward as I had expected. Received an email just over a week later that they were going forward with other candidates.

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in June 2018.

Interview

1) Personality assessment (15 min)
    2) Skills assessment (up to 3 hrs) - multiple-choice timed logic questions and ability to learn a new coding language - Note: the proctor changes every 30 min in which the assessment gets paused and can be slightly bothersome.
    3) Phone interview - interviewer gave a description of their company and what the job is like, you are asked to describe a project you worked on; this is mainly a chance to get to know the company
    4) On-site interview - a really nice tour of their campus and very well-organized, the transportation and food expenses are covered, a case study with someone in the role you are applying for - you have a meeting, a voicemail, and an email - how do you handle each case?, HR interview with some behavioral questions: What would the reference you know best say is your strength and your weakness?, and ends with a coding assessment (4 problems - up to 2 hrs): sort an array without using a built-in function, switch adjacent characters of a string until it matches the other string, jumper game - you can use whatever language, even pseudocode or a paragraph describing how you would do it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

Reached out to by recruiter. Applied online and had a phone interview. The phone interview was casual more about learning about the position and gauging your interest in the company. Following phone interview had skills test. The skills test was somewhat difficult as it was timed and checked basic problem-solving skills. You must take it online through a proctoring system in which you share your screen and are being watched by a proctor through your webcam. Then was invited to on-site interview. All expenses were paid for by the company. The day consisted of a presentation, conversation with current employee in the position, case-study, HR interview, tour, lunch, and then a coding assessment. The case study is just how you would handle a situation. Make sure you study up on your coding for the last portion of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you decide between two jobs you had.   Answer Question
    • A few coding section of the interview was given. I would recommend studying your basic coding logic for this portion of the interview so that you can complete it either in a language of your choice or pseudocode.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

interview was very laid back, very general questions about my background, likes dislikes hobbies but the recruiter ungracefully cut it short when she realized that the gap in my education meant I was over 25 LOL (I attended college right out of HS, dropped out and returned to school 14 years later)

Interview Questions

• What were the exact dates you attended U of I?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

First round: Phone call
    Second round: proctored coding and technical challenges
    Thirst round: On-site interview and algorithms assessment

All-in-all it was pretty straight-forward, employees might take you out to dinner the day before. For final round interviews you get to meed a lot of different developers and they do a good job of showing you products they design.