Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2018
3,591 Interview Reviews

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I first talked to them at my schools career fair. After applying online, I was sent an email asking to move forward with the hiring process. I first had a phone Interview (super casual and nice convo) followed by an online skills assessment.

Interview Questions

• The assessment was crazy hard -- took about 3 hours and with the help of an online proctor   Answer Question

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

1st screening process was a phone interview and an online personality assessment, then within several business days the company offered to fly me over to Wisconsin for the on-site interview. The interview day consisted of getting to know the company (culture, food, surrounding area, mission statement), what I'd be doing in that position, and a tour of the buildings. They told me I'd hear back from them within two weeks.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Epic collected my resume at a campus career fair and I received an automated email to schedule an interview the next day.

My phone interview was lackluster, my interviewer did not have many questions and seemed distracted when I asked my own. Both the interviewer and the person I spoke with on the phone beforehand did not have any details about their co-op/internship program and time commitment expectations.

The online technical interview took 2+ hours one evening. The system seemed to be outsourced to another company and while some of the questions and problems were definitely relevant to the role others read more like a standardized test.

Interview Questions

• Some of the algorithm questions in the technical interview were challenging.   1 Answer

Integration Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

It was all pretty straightforward. The assessment tests your thinking, but nothing you can study for. The phone screening was casual, just spoke about the company and general interests with someone in the position you are applying for. They also answer any questions you have. I received emails to continue the process within 24 hours. A week after taking assessment, I was invited for an in-person interview.

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Application online/through recruiter at my University's career fair. Skills assessment, phone interview and onsite interview. Haven't completed the phone interview yet. My skills assessment is scheduled for tomorrow and phone interview early next week.

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

First part is a short phone interview with someone who works at the company, its a casual conversation about the company, the position, and your resume. The next part is a technical assessment, which is somewhat challenging and the platform that is used for the test (ProctorU) was not enjoyable to use.

Interview Questions

• What is something valuable you feel you got out of your education?   Answer Question

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and applied to the job from there. I was contacted within a week of the application for an initial phone screening and assessment.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

There was a phone screen and a technical test through ProctorU. My webcam wouldn't work with ProctorU for some reason, so they tried to help me fix it for like 5 hours. They weren't very competent. I ended up having to use a friends computer. The phone screen was very nice and informative, but I didn't like ProctorU.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

Simple interview process: phone screen, technical online test, and final on-site interview.

Phone screen did not have any technical questions, only about motivations and intentions.

Technical On-line test was done using ProctorU, which is honestly a pain. They invade your computer and watch you. At one point they stopped my test for 30 minutes to change proctors, basically holding me hostage. In terms of content of the test, it was ~4 coding questions, no compiler, a quick math quiz (10 questions with very little time), and a test involving a programming language that you have to learn on the spot (rather fun actually).
    This is the hard part of the whole process.

The onsite interview was very nice and it seemed to be less about weeding out people, and more about selling the job to you. It did involve a presentation on a personal project, and a case study about a (possibly imaginary) product. Very enjoyable process and they took care of food, hotels, and travel.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you have worked on   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I received an email response pretty quickly. Within a week we had a phone interview organized. The interviewer sounded pretty unenthusiastic, and asked barely any questions.
    I then took the skills assessment. While I appreciate the coding section’s relevance to the role, other questions were pointless and irrelevant. Ultimately I think this hiring process is designed look great on paper- not to accurately identify the the skills, qualities and aptitude that would make a good candidate.