Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017
3,184 Interview Reviews

2.9

3,184 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

First took an assessment and then did the phone interview. Phone interview was after the assessment for me because my phone interview was scheduled two weeks from the date I received the email from the HR contact. The assessments were straight forward, four in total. They focused on math skills, technical skills (coding), and critical skills. The first assessment tested how fast you could answer the math skills. The next one tested your knowledge of reading a code and a brief summary of what the code operators do and then answering questions. The remainder of the tests, tested you over critical thinking and making decisions. The phone interview was simple. Asked simple questions and then shifted over to what the company does and then opened it up to questions.

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

1. Online Application (select job, and apply; they will recommend if another position is better suited)
    2. Personality Assessment (simple and quick)
    3. Phone Interview (casual and relaxed)
    4. Technical Exam (take this seriously, not my cup of tea)

It was not very difficult. They communicate through email, and are pretty responsive. Overall, my best advice would be to practice the questions on Glassdoor for the interview. Depending on the position Epic is looking for someone who is flexible and welcomes challenges.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals 5 years and 10 years from now?
      Do you plan on getting a degree after college?
      Why Epic?
      Why did you choose your major?
      Answer Question

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Interview

Met with rep at a career fair, filled out an application there. Received an email the next day to sign up for a phone interview and to complete a skills assessment. The skills assessment was longer than I had anticipated, but basic logic knowledge that you must complete in a short time limit. The phone interview was very low key. The interview is with a person in the position you applied for, so it's mostly a Q&A about the job. Waiting to hear about an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Epic, why did you choose your major, long term and short term goals, etc   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

Interview

Email from recruiter to apply. Didn't apply until months later, but got an email the next day to set up a phone screen and assessments. They connect you with someone in the position and you'll be telling them about yourself, why Epic, and they person on the other end will tell you more about the position. Plenty of time to get your questions answered. Assessments were easy for the most part, but multiple choice portion that gauges your ability to learn a made-up programming language was difficult for me.

On-site invitation came via email the next day and it was a great experience. You get dinner, an overview of Epic, tour of the campus, lunch, and tons of opportunities to ask questions. You'll be with other candidates for the most of it, but the actual "interview" portions are individual. "Case study," HR behavioral interview, and another programming assessment that was more challenging. I thought the day went well in general but I felt like it could've went either way as I left their campus.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Standard stuff: phone interview screening for personality, then a three-hour programming test, and then a fly-back full-day interview where you meet with HR and developers. The programming test is likely the most difficult phase of the process, where unsatisfactory candidates are weeded out. I recommend preparing for the programming test by doing practice coding assignments, especially focusing on string parsing and manipulation, and recursion. By the time they fly you out, the offer is likely yours to lose.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on, the technology you used, and why you used it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I was referred by a friend who knows I would be a great asset to the company and fit the qualifications of the position. I was emailed to set up a phone interview and a week later talked to someone on the phone for a few short questions. I then had to spend 2+ hours to take a standardized test. Additionally, I had to submit my transcript from my undergrad.

Interview Questions

• Willing to travel? Why are you looking for a new job? Are you planning to go back to school anytime soon?   Answer Question

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Interview

After an online application, I was contacted for a phone interview and skills assessment. The skills assessment seemed fairly typical, but having to have it proctored online was slightly cumbersome. The phone screen was pretty informal. I talked to someone who worked in the position I was applying for and they explained what the job would entail, and told me about what Madison is like.

Interview Questions

• What would a tie breaker between companies be for you?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Online application with test and personality profile. Test was mostly basic math skills and some verbal assessments. Online tests were followed by basic phone interview. Really easy stuff - where do you see yourself in 5 years, why are you interested in working here, etc. Finally on-site full day of interviews and additional testing. Interviews are with HR and people in the role you are applying for. Also had to give a 5 minute presentation as part of the process.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer described an imaginary scenario involving an unhappy physician, project team members, and other hospital staff. You are asked to walk the interviewer through how you would handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Columbus, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through University and got an email asking to set up time for a 30 mins phone interview. Interview was with a employee at the Company. Interview was very casual and fun. Next, I was asked to take online assessment that had SAT type questions with some coding questions that didn't really require coding experience but probably helps if you do. I was told I would get an email on whether I made it to the next stage or not and unfortunately, I didn't.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Are you willing to relocate?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview. Afterward I completed a skills assessment and personality test. It is very straight forward and my phone interviewer was very friendly. The majority of it is a personality and intelligence assessment to see if you are a good fit for Epic. Communicating with them during the interview process is important and they will answer any questions you have.