Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,267 Interview Reviews

2.9

3,267 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

First stage is a 30 minute phone interview and then a skills assessment test. The phone interview was with an actual Project Manager who spent a lot of time talking about the expectations of the job, the Epic Systems campus, and the job benefits. It's a good opportunity to ask an actual employee about their experiences with Epic. The assessments are focused on skills/personality and learning capabilities (one test teaches you a made-up programming language). The final step is an in-person interview in Madison with a 10 minute presentation. A dinner with an employee is also offered, and I'd recommend you take advantage of it because it does get added to your interview consideration.

Technical Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter via email, applied online, took the online assessment (about 2 hours) and had a phone interview (30 minutes). Then was contacted for a on site interview that lasted about 1/2 a day. Received an offer about 2 weeks later.

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

I first found the position online and submitted my application directly. I received a response within one week and was brought onsite for interview and test taking. Had 2 in person interviews. and was hired within 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment are you most proud of and why?   1 Answer

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I was a candidate for the Technical Problem Solver position and found out about the opportunity through an email from the recruiter.

The initial online assessment and phone interview were pretty straightforward. The online assessment consisted of two brief parts, each with a time limit. The first was an aptitude examination with questions comparable to SAT questions (from what I remember). The second portion was a more technical examination that tested one's programming logic by giving basic rules of a particular language's syntax and asking questions that applied those rules. The phone interview was pretty laid-back and consisted mostly of learning more about the company and the job.

The interview at Epic's campus in Wisconsin took a total of about 5-6 hours on the day of the interview. There were several 30 minute segments of talking to an individual employee about the various responsibilities, practices, and lifestyle of that particular position. Additionally, I had two different case studies, a 10 minute presentation, a more traditional sit-down interview, as well another programming assessment at the very end of the day. There was also time for a tour of Epic's amazing campus and a free cafeteria lunch.

I was not offered the position, but I had a very enjoyable experience. Epic was incredibly accommodating and generous throughout the process, paying for my flight, my hotel, and any other expenses I had. Epic also has an incredibly responsive service center for any questions or concerns regarding the flight or taxi.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel on a regular basis to various clients?   Answer Question

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

The interviewing process was time-intensive, but fairly relaxed. I was required to complete a personality assessment that took half and hour, followed by a phone interview, a technical assessment, and then an on-sight visit.

Interview Questions

• How did you choose your major?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Applied one and did Phone interview - lasted 30 minutes followed by a online test. The online test was quite difficult and you have to learn a fake programming language. The other part is more like gre.

Technical Interview

Interview

Unfortunately it is too late to report Epic's HR team to the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission because my interview with this company was in 2015. However, I thought I would let potential job applicants know that this company asked me about my citizenship status during my interview with their HR team after applying for a programming job. When I mentioned being bilingual, the woman interviewing me asked "Are you a US Citizen then?" to which I responded "Well, I was born in New York" and she proceeded to nervously laugh. This is a clear violation of federal law. Companies are forbidden to question a person's immigration status during the interview process.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

My interview day was very long and difficult. The interviews themselves weren't overly technical but there were enough of them to make you unsure of how you did. The campus itself is very impressive and fun to experience.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

applied online, took the online tests, got a phone interview, got an in person interview. the in person interview took a long time. full day. lots of walking. had to give a 15 minute presentation and do a case study.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Applied at a school career fair. First had a phone screening interview that went very well. A few days later, I got an email to do an online skill assessment test through proctor you. This was a two hour long logic test that had very little with programing. The questions felt similar to ACT/SAT test questions. After a few days I received an email that they were not interest in continuing with my application.