Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,506 Interview Reviews

2.9

3,506 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Phone screen was average, typical phone screening. Technical assessment was difficult but I still made it past to final round. Flew out and talked with lots of people about the position, nothing too stressful just lots of information.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Applied through university job boards. After this they had me schedule a phone interview and also their infamous skills assessment. Succeeding in these two areas leads to an onsite interview, and from what I understand, making it to the onsite interview means that you have a very good chance of getting an offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a substantial project that you have worked on   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

On site interview was really relaxed. Gave your of campus ate lunch and heard about the role. Had to do a couple of case studies and take a technical test for logic puzzles.

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I completed the online skills assessment and a phone interview last week. The phone interview started off badly, but towards the end it felt more natural and conversational. We talked more about Epic than about myself.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Over the phone interview, online assessment, then an onsite interview. Pretty easy process, they are very well organized. Everyone was really nice and helpful when asking them questions. They did a good job on selling Madison to you as well.

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Interview

First interview was by phone (30 min), asking about my background. The second interview was on site in Madison, which lasted a full day. The full day interview included 2 small group Q&A "interviews", an independent case study (written answer), and 3 hours of a tour of their campus. The group sessions were awkward and impersonal -- the interviewees (5 or so at once with 1 interviewer) competed with each other to ask insightful questions about the position -- a highly inefficient way to disseminate information. The interviewers seemed unprepared and kept prompting for questions about their work.
    The group tour focused on the buildings and architecture of the campus.

Interview Questions

• Review a report (containing bar charts) and critique it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

Interview

After a Skype interview, I was invited to interview on the Epic campus. The interview day began with a tour and an overview of the company's services. Afterwards, I met with an interviewer who asked me what my reactions would be to hypothetical problems arising at work. Then, I gave a short presentation to several hr employees about a topic of my choosing. Finally, I had a more traditional one-on-one interview. Although I interviewed for the Project Manager position, they offered me the Quality Assurance Analyst position.

Interview Questions

• Give us a short presentation about a topic of your choosing   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

Interview

They first set up a phone interview. The person I interviewed was very friendly and from a technical background. He asked questions about some of the projects I worked on, and seemed interested in them and asked me relevant questions about them. After this, I had very bizarre online interview, where I did a few sets of technical questions. It was on a video chat, but the woman on the other end wasn't with the company, she was with a proctoring service that just watched me and made sure I didn't cheat, it was very weird. I was notified a few weeks later that they had chosen other applicants.

Interview Questions

• They made up a very weird programming language, and asked you questions about its behavior.   Answer Question

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was made up of 3 stages. First a phone screen, then an online assessment, then an onsite interview. The phone screen was pretty typical, just general questions to get to know your background and why you're interested in the position/field. The online assessment was comprised of logic questions, a speed math assessment, and some minor programming. It wasn't incredibly difficult, but the program they use (ProctorU) is the most frustrating thing in the world. I have never wished death upon an application as much as ProctorU. After you pass this portion, they'll invite you for an onsite interview, which was a super enjoyable experience. You meet and talk with a lot of other Epic employees and learn about their experiences. There's also a tour of a portion of the campus (a tour of the entire campus would take hours). You also get a case study and meet an HR rep at the end of it.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in December 2017.

Interview

The onsite interview involved meeting with many current Project Managers to learn about the position, an interview with a current PM, a 10-minute presentation on a topic of your choice, and also an interview with HR.