Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Problem Solver/Technical Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online after receiving an email from an HR rep who saw my resume. Within a few days I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with a Technical Problem Solver and was very relaxed. She asked why I wanted to work for Epic and described her role to me. She let me ask her more questions than I was probably asked. After the phone interview, within a few days I was contacted to schedule an online exam. The online exam was two parts. One was a multiple choice about a made up programming language. The other was four coding problems. The first two coding problems were simple and the last two were very difficult. I wrote something down for all of them but did not feel that I did well on this part. However, I was still contacted about a week or two later for an onsite interview. The onsite interview took up about 4 or 5 hours. They give a demo on the software, free lunch, and campus tour. There were more tests onsite. Two more tests which I believe were logic and IQ tests maybe. Also, a behavioral situation assessment. One real interview about yourself with an HR rep. Overall, the tests were the most stressful. Everyone was very nice and the campus was beautiful. I received an offer from Epic for Technical Problem Solver.

Interview Questions

• Why Epic?
    Any doubts about working here at Epic?
    Willing to relocate?
    Weaknesses and Strengths that a reference would say about you?
    Five things you are not.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Problem Solver/Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had a very casual phone interview the day after I applied. It was only 35 minutes long and the questions were very general. There was no technical question. I got an email saying I need to take an assessment test a few hours after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

It has been a while since I interviewed, but the process was great. You start with an informal interview later followed by an online exam. If that goes well, they give you an onsite interview which was a great experience. Overall, fun company.

Interview Questions

• What do you procrastinate with?   1 Answer

Problem Solver/Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an Epic Human Resources employee to apply for the position because they had seen my resume on my school's resume database. I spoke with a newer employee for my interview. The questions were very generic and easy to answer, but the interviewer had clearly done little to no interviews previously. Every question began with "Uh...." and his response to every answer I gave was "....cool."

Problem Solver/Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in May 2015.

Interview

Great HR, friendly people, and an astounding company mission and purpose with flawed recruitment techniques. I was contacted by a recruiter to apply for the position via email. Once applying, I received another email to schedule a phone interview and take a management skills assessment test. Upon completion of these tasks, I was prompted to set up a time to take the Epic Skills Assessment test, where things went awry. The "Non-Technical Assessment" is in fact very technical, and I only had the opportunity to take two assessments, both having to do with programming and its related logic. This detail is very different than the "four assessment" non-tech test which you will read about in other reviews. To this affect, the online proctoring service reaffirmed this 4-part assumption when providing exam rules before I began, and this information sounded like it would provide a much more holistic view of a candidate (writing/logic/math with a hint of coding). Brush up on your coding if you're going to pursue this recruiting process, because it appears they don't appreciate mixing and matching; moreover, prepare to be deduced to a painted picture of binaries and not that of an individual. Overall, it proved to be a waste of my efforts in countless hours spent scheduling/rescheduling due to technical difficulties, researching the company, and completing the tasks required. I wish them the best in adapting their recruitment methods to achieve a more balanced profile for such a customer-facing role!

Problem Solver/Technical Consultant Interview

Interview

I was emailed by who worked at Epic suggesting that I apply to work there after graduation. I applied, had a casual phone interview, took a three hour long test, and went to Epic for an on site interview. The on site interview was pretty casual and everyone was nice. I received a phone call two weeks later telling me that I did not get the job.

Problem Solver/Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through career center job posting at my university. First, there was a short phone interview which was super easy, nothing unexpected. Then, I was scheduled to take an online assessment test which consisted of several parts. Some logic, math etc questions. The most difficult part was a programming assessment where you had to write a program in the language you know (or a pseudo code) to solve a given problem. It consisted of 3 problems and I did only one. I am guessing this hurt me since I wasn't advanced to the next stage of the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

phone interview - mostly general questions such as interests in the company and reasons for applying
    on-site interview - 3 hours skills test (1. introduce a programming language with syntax and use it to predict the function of certain commands 2. SAT-like logic based verbal and math 3. three coding exercises), 1 case study (on prioritizing tasks), 30 minutes with HR (questions on salary expectations, etc.) 30 minutes with a technical consultant (general job descriptions), epic software demo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Columbus, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

I was required to take an online SAT-style test. It was very difficult.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write a program that would read in the number of digits for a password and would then output every well-ordered alphabetic password.   Answer Question

Problem Solver/Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

They found my resume posted on my college's career site and contacted me. Getting notification for setting up interview times was quick and efficient; they really love using e-mail. The interview was the most awkward thing I have ever done; the interviewer didn't seem to know what she was doing. But that process is the easiest. I ended up taking the online exams and it took over 2 weeks for them to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• As someone who doesn't know how to program at all, the programming portion of the exam was very difficult.   Answer Question