Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.7

150 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in May 2017.

Interview

One interview via phone, one skills assessment, one personality assessment. The interview went about ~10 minutes, where a recruiter asked a series of questions. The skills assessment was about a 2-4 hour process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in May 2017.

Interview

Hiring process starts off with a basic application. If chosen, you move on to a phone call interview with a current technical problem solver. After the phone call is done, you take 3 hours worth of testing- coding, logic, arithmetic and personality tests. If you move one from that stage, you travel to their headquarters in Madison to tour the campus and one more final interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in five years? Why Epic? What is your background in coding/programming? What interests do you have in the medical software industry?   Answer Question

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I was a candidate for the Technical Problem Solver position and found out about the opportunity through an email from the recruiter.

The initial online assessment and phone interview were pretty straightforward. The online assessment consisted of two brief parts, each with a time limit. The first was an aptitude examination with questions comparable to SAT questions (from what I remember). The second portion was a more technical examination that tested one's programming logic by giving basic rules of a particular language's syntax and asking questions that applied those rules. The phone interview was pretty laid-back and consisted mostly of learning more about the company and the job.

The interview at Epic's campus in Wisconsin took a total of about 5-6 hours on the day of the interview. There were several 30 minute segments of talking to an individual employee about the various responsibilities, practices, and lifestyle of that particular position. Additionally, I had two different case studies, a 10 minute presentation, a more traditional sit-down interview, as well another programming assessment at the very end of the day. There was also time for a tour of Epic's amazing campus and a free cafeteria lunch.

I was not offered the position, but I had a very enjoyable experience. Epic was incredibly accommodating and generous throughout the process, paying for my flight, my hotel, and any other expenses I had. Epic also has an incredibly responsive service center for any questions or concerns regarding the flight or taxi.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel on a regular basis to various clients?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied one and did Phone interview - lasted 30 minutes followed by a online test. The online test was quite difficult and you have to learn a fake programming language. The other part is more like gre.

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

The interviewing process was time-intensive, but fairly relaxed. I was required to complete a personality assessment that took half and hour, followed by a phone interview, a technical assessment, and then an on-sight visit.

Interview Questions

• How did you choose your major?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

My Interview process experience was a little awkward. A recruiter reached out to me and I applied to the TS position in November 2016. A simple phone interview reviewing my experience was followed up by a technical skills assessment that took several hours. This was the most difficult part of the entire process, and this is the primary method they use to evaluate candidates.

Following this assessment, I was informed that I was no longer being considered for the position. This is not the end of the story however. In February 2017, I received an email from the original recruiter saying they had re-evaluated their needs and I was invited for an onsite interview with the company in April 2017, at their headquarters in Madison, WI.

Ignoring the awkward beginning, the onsite interview was a fantastic experience. They fly you in and its relatively low stress as far as logistics. They get you a cab and provide everything you will need. The night prior to the interview we were taken out to dinner in groups of 3-5 with one current employee and other candidates, which made me feel very comfortable.

The day of the interview you ride over with some other people also applying for the position you are. For those interviewing, do not feel pressure to outshine other candidates, but get to know them because they want to see how well you mesh with the group. Don't forget to ask questions however.

When you get to campus, you do a quick demo and introduction to the company software and how your role fits in overall. This is followed up by a group interview with one current employee and two or three other candidates. The term "Interview" is loosely defined here, as you pretty much depose the current employee to learn more about the job.

Next is a case study interview where you go into a room one on one with a current employee and answer some questions based on time management/prioritizing within customer relationships. Nothing technical is asked at this time, it is pretty straightforward and it assesses your sense of customer service. Following this you are treated to a free lunch at one of the main dining areas, which is similar to a food court.

After lunch, you do a quick hr interview to review some specifics on salary, start date, job function, hours, travel time and career goals. Once this is completed (only about 30 minutes) you do a partial campus tour. The final step is a programming assessment that takes up to 3 hours, depending on how long you take with it. This assessment is primarily meant to assess what team you will be assigned to.

Once you finish the assessment, you head to the airport. Overall, it is the best you can hope for in an interview process. They are extremely professional and organized. Large company with many excellent resources and the work seems to be valuable. Really no cons whatsoever, they will also reimburse any expenses you have on the trip.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about epic?
      Do you have any programming experience?
      General Resume stuff
      Case study questions relating to time management and prioritizing customer needs   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website. I heard back in a few business days to set up a phone interview and a skills assessment test. The assessment test took a little less than 2 hours. The phone interview was pretty quick. They set you up with someone who is currently working in the position you are applying for, so it's great for finding more out about the company, but their interviewing skills may not be the best. The interview felt more like a survey of questions; it didn't really seem like they enjoyed this part of the job. I heard back within a week that they were pursuing other candidates.

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

On-going
    Applied online heard back within a week about a phone interview. Short phone interview informal conversation, very pleasant. Waited 2 weeks and was assigned to take a skills assessment. Waited 1+ weeks to hear about flying out for final interview.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone call: Very laid back phone call, talked to someone in the position, they described their job, went over my resume, gave me time to ask questions

Assessment: Personality assessment and then logic based questions (math, given a made up code and then answered questions)

On-site Interview: Seemed more like an opportunity to convince me to work for them. Very casual (showed up in T-shirt and jeans). Got to see the software. Case-study on how you would handle situations that arose when you came in to work one day. Overview of the position. Tour of the campus. Lunch. Standard HR interview (very basic). And then another assessment that was just some coding questions (was sort-of difficult, but they mentioned that it was to assess where to put you since some apps need more coding experience, wouldn't put too much weight on it. I have zero coding experience, and just explained my steps).

Overall, not too difficult

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview which was not difficult. There was also a coding/ logic assessment which was difficult and should be taken seriously. The questions were pretty standard for an interview.