Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017
3,503 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Applied online, got an e-mail for a phone interview setup (behavorial + asking about your past projects). Some questions they ask about the project is: What can you improve in your project? What feature would you add? Those sorts of questions.

Then I took the technical test. The IQ logical part was not easy for me (2 minutes, 10 questions). The math portion shows you their coding language (unlimited time, 20 questions), which wasn't bad at all. The programming part was a monster(unlimited time, 4 questions).

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

The overall process moved along very quickly and was fairly easy to complete! Epic was very professional while conducting the phone interview. The technical exam was not something that I was prepared to take as it is definitely something that I was not trained to take.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose communication as your major?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

They had you do several lightning round test where I found it difficult simply to read the whole thing and fully understand it before giving my solution but it's done like this for a reason

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR then a skills assessment. I'm a CS and EE major and do well in all of my programming classes including the CS ones and I still found the programming portion of the skills assessment to be very difficult. I believe it's a good thing the skills assessment is so challenging so that you can prove your worth, I believe I'm a competent programmer compared to my peers but still didn't pass this stage of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The skills assessment included string manipulation, challenging mathematical problems, and asked me to write code that would optimize a move in a given board game layout.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I actually applied for another company who was going to send someone to Epic for training. Epic required assessment testing. I had to take the test. I have been an implementation consultant for an Occupational Health system for 10 years and never needed these skills. Epic just likes the power to rule the world. Why should they decide by their assessment test who should be trained in their system. I would never work for Epic because they treat their employees like garbage. I did want to be a consultant for another company to implement Epic but since Epic requires the assessment and I didn't pass the assessment I could not be part of the 50 person team this firm was looking to hire.

Interview Questions

• The Epic assessment. They require you to check a box to say you will not disclose any information from the assessment.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Rochester, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews and a programming exam. The First phone interview was mainly behavioral questions to make sure that I was a real person.. The second phone interview was with a software developer to get a sense of my background and skill set. The last step for me was the exam/

Interview Questions

• The exam says no programming experience is required, but I found that to be not true.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in July 2016.

Interview

Ridiculous process of applying for a position. You may have 10-20 years of experience and they will still require you to get your college transcript. First they will email you asking for the transcript and if no response, they will personally call you BUT not even a hint of an interview -- just a request for the transcript. After going through the trouble of getting your transcript, and if your GPA is not good enough, despite having the experience, you will not be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a copy of your college transcript?   1 Answer

Technical Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in April 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted by email to answer a timed questionnaire with some logic, puzzle, and opinion-based questions. Round 2 was a scheduled phone interview with someone working in the role I was applying for. Round 3 was an optional dinner with a couple hosts from the company and other interviewees the night before the on-site interview. Round 4 was finally the on-site interview which began at 9 AM and lasted until 3 PM. It consisted of the following:
    - A scenario-based interview with a staff member in the role you are interviewing for
    - One-on-one Q and A with a senior staff member in the role you are interviewing for
    - Multiple timed tests on math, logic, and grammar
    - Lunch in the cafeteria with 1 staff member and a couple other interviewees
    - An interview with a member of the Human Resources Department
    - A non-timed test on coding ability where you are presented with a task and need to write the code that would accomplish it.

I received a call with the job offer from the same HR person I interviewed with about 2 or 3 weeks after the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• What are five things you are not?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiter emailed me, then I applied online. Then I did a phone interview and the assessments with ProctorU. There were 30 logic questions times in 5 minutes. I was irate because the proctor said that the video dropped and he didn't stop the time or anything. I told Epic about it, but obviously they didn't care because more than a week later they rejected me for whatever reason. The never got back to me when they said they would. That's a sign of a company I don't want to work for. Plus, I never want to move to Wisconsin. I have been to their office before and it's awesome but good luck surviving in Wisconsin.

Interview Questions

• If you had other offers, what other factors would you consider?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in September 2015.

Interview

Met at career fair. Phone screen a couple of weeks later. Then this very long online coding assessment while a third-party proctoring services watches you. The test locks out if you click outside the screen. I had issues with my proctor being late and getting locked out without support. It was grueling and inconvenient to take during the work week. The questions were of fairly high difficulty (harder than companies like Amazon, Microsoft, EA where I received offers). Waited a few weeks for a result and was rejected.

Felt like the process was very impersonal. At worst, a failed interview can allow you to learn and practice your skills. Instead, I had to take this grueling test in my free time with no feedback on what I could improve on. Given the company's reputation and caliber, I felt that the demands were not reasonable while juggling many other less-demanding internship interviews with superior compensation and opportunities.