Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I actually applied for another company who was going to send someone to Epic for training. Epic required assessment testing. I had to take the test. I have been an implementation consultant for an Occupational Health system for 10 years and never needed these skills. Epic just likes the power to rule the world. Why should they decide by their assessment test who should be trained in their system. I would never work for Epic because they treat their employees like garbage. I did want to be a consultant for another company to implement Epic but since Epic requires the assessment and I didn't pass the assessment I could not be part of the 50 person team this firm was looking to hire.

Interview Questions

• The Epic assessment. They require you to check a box to say you will not disclose any information from the assessment.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

The interview process was very intense. I applied only and heard back for a phone interview two weeks after. After the phone interview, I was invited to complete a skills assessment two weeks later. After completing the skills assessment, within another two weeks I was invited up to interview in person. The interview was very intense - all day, which included about four different interviews and then assessments for the positions that you were interested in. I ended up not receiving the job, but did enjoy the experience of going up to see the facility (which is amazing).

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any out of the line questions - mostly relating to what you would do in certain situations or how you deal with tight deadlines?   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Phone Interview was easy and basic. However, instead of an HR rep, it was someone who had the position I was applying for. He was NOT helpful in the slightest, all of my questions went unanswered because he wasn't "privy" to any HR information. They also focus a lot on GPA. The tests that they give you were unnecessarily difficult, and very creepily proctored. They stopped my test multiple times because my dog was making noise and they wanted to be sure no one was in the room helping me cheat. Seriously though, those tests were INSANELY stressful. Binary, and software coding questions even though I was not applying for nor have I had ANY experience in software engineering. Very intense, very stressful.

Interview Questions

• If an apple is 40 cents and a orange is 60 cents and a banana is 80 cents, how much would a pear cost?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in October 2010.

Interview

A little bit long but it helps them get the right people in the door. Worth the effort!

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in January 2012.

Interview

You begin by taking several personality tests online. This is a series of tests where they ask you situational questions on how you would handle certain scenarios. You then have a phone interview with someone in the position. This is basically for them to see if you are a sociable person. You then go on-site to Epic and have a full day interview. You get there around 8 and stay until around 4. During that time you will meet with several people in the company, do a presentation and take several tests where you solve math problems.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing was doing a group interview session where you have to each answer how you would handle a certain scenario.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very quick. They offer you generous pay so it doesn't take long.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in February 2012.

Interview

Fill out an application online including submitting a resume and cover letter. Complete many forms and quizzes that are emailed to you. Have a phone interview. Have two in-person interviews - the first one includes sitting for three different quizzes plus one three-minute-twelve-question math test, and the second in-person visit includes a bunch of scenario questions where you need to give the best solution and then a ten minute presentation on whatever you want.

Interview Questions

• An apple costs 40 cents, a banana costs 60 cents, and grapefruit costs 80 cents. Under the same circumstances, how much does a pear cost?   8 Answers

Negotiation

They asked me to quote a salary up front. little negotiation. they told me the salary they'd give me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied to the company and submitted my application online. Had phone interview that was a standard HR screen; interviewer didn’t sound all that tough nor all that interested. If you have a decent enough resume, it seems like a formality. They got back to me within a week to invite me to an on campus interview in Verona. I sent them back a form with my preferred visit days, and then waited. That wait was the longest wait as far as not hearing anything, and then finally about a week after sending them that form they got back to me with a travel itinerary. I accepted, then visited Verona.

If you’re from out of town, they’ll put you up in a nice hotel downtown by the capitol, pay for your flight and cab ride to and from the company HQ. The HQ itself looks like Disneyworld (and has a slide, themed buildings, treehouse, etc.), and is mostly full of young people and former farmland that is very nice. You’ll be put through a couple HR interviews 1 on 1, a presentation with several staff audience members, and a case study discussion with a few people and a computer-based skills assessment—those are the hard parts. The rest of it consists of guided tours and basic info sessions and adds up to a long day. The HR interview is standard, the presentation is very casual, and the case study is mostly common sense. The computer-based skills assessment was fairly ordinary, but try to take it at a testing site before you get there rather than the day of the actual interview.

The work culture is very laid back in style but the job doesn’t seem to have that much upward mobility (they advertise a “flat” corporate structure). Agreed with most of their approaches towards creativity, fun, and customer service but didn’t get any indication of the long-term direction of the company no matter how many times I asked. I was interviewed by mostly veterans of the company who had been there 7+ years, but got tours from HR people a few years younger than that. Had a few older folks in the interview group, but most of your interviewees there are those with math or science backgrounds.

Interview Questions

• If you disagreed with a group leader’s decision, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in December 2012.

Interview

They flew me out to interview in Madison, WI and I had a lovely weekend. The interview day was jam-packed and high-paced. I was interviewing with someone, giving presentations, or taking written tests constantly from 8:30am to 5:30pm. My perception of the people working there was just the same, friendly, great, but very fast-paced.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in April 2011.

Interview

Very long process that starts after application submission. Then phone screen and personality and IQ assessment. If you pass the assessment then you go to Epic for a 1:1 interview, tour of complex, lunch, case study, presentation, and more assessments. Typically takes 6-8 weeks.

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in November 2011.

Interview

Most reviews already covered the relatively intense interview process. There is an intense computer-programming test, among other tests including English grammar, etc. If you have no computer programming experience, this test will be extremely difficult. The interview process is very intense and tiring, probably representative of the job itself. It is well organized though and you meet many people working there, and get to have lunch with an employee.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you faced someone doing something you thought was wrong, and what you did about it.   Answer Question