Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,344 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

The first step of the interview process was a non-technical phone screen. The recruiter just asked me questions about my prior experience and past projects. The second step was a three part online assessment taken with a proctor. The first part involved quickly solving simple math problems. The second part involved learning a made up language to see how quickly you could learn a new skill. The third part involved answering 3 coding problems. It took around 3 weeks for me to hear back after taking the assessment, and I was then scheduled for an onsite interview. The only technical part of this day long process was describing in detail a project I had previously worked on with a software developer.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

First, there was a video chat screen, where I spoke with a former developer who asked the standard questions, asked if I had any, etc.
    Then, an online coding assessment. Took three hours, a few algorithms questions which were not too easy.
    Finally, onsite interview, where I spoke with a few people and got tours throughout the day, and finally had an interview with a developer which mainly focused on my past experience and preparedness for the position.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

The overall process moved along very quickly and was fairly easy to complete! Epic was very professional while conducting the phone interview. The technical exam was not something that I was prepared to take as it is definitely something that I was not trained to take.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose communication as your major?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was fairly rigorous because of online testing procedures. It took around 4 hours because proctor U was fairly difficult to set up and I also had a phone interview. In the programming section of the assessment test I quickly put together responses because the test took too long.

Interview Questions

• Can you extend more than one class in Java.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Application on-line, then an email to take an on-line personality profile test about a week later. Took the personality profile test with forced choices. About another week and received an email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview with a person in the department after to get an additional flavor for me and answer any questions. Received a third email asking to set up an assessment test that 'everyone' must take. Took the test and two weeks later received an email telling me they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you will be good in this position? What is your experience related to it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

They got back to me within a few days after submitting my resume to schedule a phone interview and skills assessments. The phone interview was relatively straightforward and casual. You speak to a current project manager and it's a good opportunity to learn more about the role while they also learn more about how you would fit into the company. I found the skills assessments to be fairly difficult, but not impossible, SAT style questions. Overall I had a good experience with Epic's interview process.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Easy online application, followed by online testing to test math/problem-solving skills and phone interview with a PM that tells you more about the role and asks some behavior questions. On-site interview was day long process, met other candidates and many current PMs, included group case study project, tour of campus, and a ten-minute presentation on a topic of your choice.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? What are factors most important to you in selecting a job? How would you handle a disagreement with a team member? What are five things you are not?   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

Interview

Phone call asking mostly behavioral questions. I also submitted a coding project online, which was challenging and took 2 hours. This was followed by an on-site visit to Verona, WI with several interviews/tests looking at your math/ problem-solving/ prioritizing skills. You will have several opportunities to talk to people working in the role for which you are interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are the two factors most important to you in selecting a job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

Online application is quick. After the application they invite you to do a phone interview which they describe the job and how traveling with epic works. They ask a few basic interview questions but its a relaxed phone call. Then you do the technical assessment where an online proctor watches you, the test will teach you code and you have to understand what the code means. As it advances the code gets more complicated, theres also some technical questions which require some logical thinking. No calculator allowed. There is no way to prepare for the test, its a very hard test. Just be awake for it!! Then you take the rembrandt online assessment which just asks questions about your work preferences and then some math related questions.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WV) in October 2016.

Interview

First, I had a really informal phone interview with a developer from Epic. We talked about my previous work and a little bit about the position. I then took an online assessment that included a programming bit, and a portion where you learned a quick simple language and were asked a few questions about it. Lastly, I was invite to EPIC headquarters in Madison. The process took a full day. I interviewed with a developer and a member of HR and the rest was a tour and information sessions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe a previous algorithm I had developed.   Answer Question