Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017
3,311 Interview Reviews

2.9

Technical Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really laid-back. I talked with someone who had the same job title as the job I was applying for. It's mostly just asking them about their experience working at Epic and learning more about the job requirements/skill. I was also kept up to date every step of the way, which was really great.

Interview Questions

• They provided online case studies to show how well you could problem solve, code, etc.   Answer Question

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in June 2017.

Interview

Very long for not getting very far or getting to talk with anyone face to face. First a 15 minute phone interview which was fine. Then a 2 or more hour online test with an additional hour or so of trying to make the Procter happy. The test wasn't too bad, a didn't get the job probably because I didn't do well, but overall very easy questions that are made difficult because of lack of calculator, or confusing wording of problems. Also pay close attention to how much time you have because some are not timed and some are only 2 minutes long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

I only had a telephone interview. It was short and concise. They did not really care so much about what my major was, just the experience. They also did not ask much about professional work experience.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Middletown, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

The online screening was really nice and there were two parts to the technical interview, one that checked adaptability and one that was coding based. The time was unlimited, but the questions were pretty hard!

Interview Questions

• They asked a question about permutations, which is not my strong suit.   Answer Question

Customer Training Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Interview process was simple. I applied and within 24 hours I received an invitation to set up the initial phone interview. It's a short interview that took about 30 minutes. It seemed to be more about getting a feel for who I was as a person, explaining the position, and answering any of my questions. Again, within 24 hours I received an invitation to take their assessment. The assessment was similar to taking a state standardized test (think SAT, GRE, etc.) It also included a programming component that I personally found challenging, but I have no prior programming experience. That, unfortunately, is where my interview experience ended. I received an email (which, truthfully, is nice and rare in today's job hunting experience) that they were moving on with other candidates. I received this email within 2 weeks from the test.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Applied on their website and was contacted for a phone interview about a week later. Phone interview was exactly like how its was described on Glassdoor. Afterwards there were 4 assessment tests and a personality test. I am only speculating that for the personality test they were looking for rule following drones.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

This was probably one of them most dignified interview experiences I've ever had with a company. The HR representative who was in contact with me kept me updated during every part of the recruitment process, and the technical writer who phone-screened me was unbelievably courteous, professional, and pleasantly relaxed. You'll know where you are every step of the way. In each email they send you, they have a header that highlights each part of the process ("application," "phone interview," "assessment," "final interview," "offer") as you go along. I found this so refreshing, so ingenious, that I came here just to give a positive review for that. I'm bummed I didn't get to the "final interview" portion, but I have to give props to them. Most employers won't even email you - not even once - to tell you they're not interested in you. Epic will tell you at least that.

Simply apply to a job with them to experience their interview process and hope you do well during the assessments. To be honest I wish the tests weren't part of the process. I know this is where I was disqualified so be ready to give them your all if you apply.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

There is a serious of hoops to jump through. Easy online app, laid-back phone interview with existing PM, rigorous skills testing, and then an all-day F2F interview/tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• They provided case studies to show your ability to problem-solve increasingly escalated situations.   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

screening call, followed by personality test followed by skills test. Company makes you jump through hoops applying for their job. The tests are poor approximation of actual job performance skills. Makes one wonder why they would use a system that is such a hassle to deal with. A google search online reveals that the company has poor company culture with numerous employment lawsuits.

Division Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

Five step process: submit resume, phone interview, complete skills assessment and personality profile, face-to-face interview, offer. Made it through skills assessment, but did not get face-to-face interview. Most communication leading up to various steps is completed via email.