Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017
3,178 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

First took an assessment and then did the phone interview. Phone interview was after the assessment for me because my phone interview was scheduled two weeks from the date I received the email from the HR contact. The assessments were straight forward, four in total. They focused on math skills, technical skills (coding), and critical skills. The first assessment tested how fast you could answer the math skills. The next one tested your knowledge of reading a code and a brief summary of what the code operators do and then answering questions. The remainder of the tests, tested you over critical thinking and making decisions. The phone interview was simple. Asked simple questions and then shifted over to what the company does and then opened it up to questions.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter from Epic reached out to me via Linkedin for a Network Engineer position she thought I would be good for. I responded with my resume and a phone interview was scheduled. I spoke with the hiring manager for 40 minutes. Then I had an online intelligence test that took about two hours. This involved word association, math assessment, and story problems.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current position?
      What are you looking for in your next position?
      Are you open to travel?
      How soon could you start?
      What salary range are you looking for?
      1 Answer

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

1. Online Application (select job, and apply; they will recommend if another position is better suited)
    2. Personality Assessment (simple and quick)
    3. Phone Interview (casual and relaxed)
    4. Technical Exam (take this seriously, not my cup of tea)

It was not very difficult. They communicate through email, and are pretty responsive. Overall, my best advice would be to practice the questions on Glassdoor for the interview. Depending on the position Epic is looking for someone who is flexible and welcomes challenges.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals 5 years and 10 years from now?
      Do you plan on getting a degree after college?
      Why Epic?
      Why did you choose your major?

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to my through my university email. After that, I applied online. Then, I had to take a lengthy skills assessment that was actually somewhat intense if you are not familiar at all with coding. The other questions were more logic. This was followed by a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What would make you decide between epic and another company?   1 Answer

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in April 2014.

Interview

The first was a phone interview, then on campus recruitment that included exam that covered basic math and programming. Finally an in person interview during the day and a evening dinner the evening before.

Interview Questions

• How many different uses can you have for a stapler?
      What do you expected to be paid?

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Interview

Met with rep at a career fair, filled out an application there. Received an email the next day to sign up for a phone interview and to complete a skills assessment. The skills assessment was longer than I had anticipated, but basic logic knowledge that you must complete in a short time limit. The phone interview was very low key. The interview is with a person in the position you applied for, so it's mostly a Q&A about the job. Waiting to hear about an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Epic, why did you choose your major, long term and short term goals, etc   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR then a skills assessment. I'm a CS and EE major and do well in all of my programming classes including the CS ones and I still found the programming portion of the skills assessment to be very difficult. I believe it's a good thing the skills assessment is so challenging so that you can prove your worth, I believe I'm a competent programmer compared to my peers but still didn't pass this stage of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The skills assessment included string manipulation, challenging mathematical problems, and asked me to write code that would optimize a move in a given board game layout.   1 Answer

Server Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I received a call from a person in a related position. Was told the call would be 30 minutes but ended up being an hour and fifteen minutes. I didn't mind because the conversation was pleasant. Was told the position actually differed from the title. Seems I'd be more of a general tech than a systems engineer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you get into IT?
      What interests you in health care?
      How did you hear about Epic?

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Bloomington, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

After applying to Epic I was asked to do a personality test, which consisted of many different types of questions. One of the most common would be to rank 4 characteristics in order of what was true for me. It lasted about 40 minutes. After that, I took a skills test that was pretty difficult. The hardest part was learning a new technology "language". There is no real way to prepare for it, but you are judged off of speed and accuracy. Following those I had a phone interview out of the blue, which I thought was odd. They gave me no warning, but the phone interview was not difficult, mostly just trying to get to know me more.

Interview Questions

• How would you evaluate multiple offers between Epic and another firm?   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

Interview

Email from recruiter to apply. Didn't apply until months later, but got an email the next day to set up a phone screen and assessments. They connect you with someone in the position and you'll be telling them about yourself, why Epic, and they person on the other end will tell you more about the position. Plenty of time to get your questions answered. Assessments were easy for the most part, but multiple choice portion that gauges your ability to learn a made-up programming language was difficult for me.

On-site invitation came via email the next day and it was a great experience. You get dinner, an overview of Epic, tour of the campus, lunch, and tons of opportunities to ask questions. You'll be with other candidates for the most of it, but the actual "interview" portions are individual. "Case study," HR behavioral interview, and another programming assessment that was more challenging. I thought the day went well in general but I felt like it could've went either way as I left their campus.