Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

556 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Referred by a friend and was contacted soon after to submit my resume and fill out an application. Next they scheduled a phone interview which was fairly chill, 30 minutes or so just to find out basic information and ask you general questions. Then you schedule and take their skills assessment where they see if you are smart basically. This is as far as I have gotten so far!

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

First round phone interview - you'll probably talk to someone on the team you are applying for. It's a good opportunity to ask questions have about the role. Basic questions, but do prepare.

Second step testings - multiple parts which includes personality, technical, and logics. I guess there is not much you can do for those. Just pick a time when your brain functions the best.

Lastly, an onsite interview which last the whole day. They will fly you in the day before, and dress casual.

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in May 2016.

Interview

A step by step process. 1) Personality Test, 2) Skills Acessment, 3) Phone interview, 4) On campus Interview. I believe the Skills Acessment is critically important to them so just make sure you are calm, relaxed and ready to take it. Phone interview not bad at all. Half the time they ask questions, the rest they tell you about what the position entails.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite and least favorite job experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for a position at Epic in Early-March 2016. A week later, I was asked to participate in a phone interview with one of the Recruiters at Epic. Most questions at this round were typical: Why do you want to work at Epic? What are your goals 5 years from now? What do you know about EHRs? etc.

I was then asked to take a 2-hour examination online within the next two weeks. This examination tested mental math skills, as well as logical reasoning. There was a programming test, but it relied mostly on understanding a made up code logically than knowing if you can actually code.

The day after my examination I was asked to attend an on-site interview for the Project Management position as well as a Software Tester position. Epic paid for all of my expenses and provided all applicants with an opportunity to meet current employees for a dinner the night before your interview. The on-site interview was broken up into two parts. The morning consisted mostly of info-sessions about the positions you were asked to interview for. The afternoon consisted of a number of interviews, as well as a presentation and a short implementation case.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

I found the position through my school's career center website and submitted my resume. They contacted me within a few days of their application deadline to schedule a phone interview with a current Project Manager. This is the easiest part of the whole interview process (and, I would argue, all interview processes). What they ask varies, but it is a first round interview. And first round interviews, by definition, are "get-to-know-you" interviews. They want to know why you studied what you did, where you worked and what you gained from those experiences, why you want to work for Epic, where you see yourself in the future, etc. Make it as conversational as possible. And ALWAYS ask them a question or two at the end. As long as it is related to Epic, it can be about anything (except salary, too soon for that).

Following the phone interview, they invited me to take their online skills assessment. For some reason I was most nervous about this part of the interview process. Primarily because regardless of the outcome, it doesn't seem to accurately reflect your true skills and attributes. It is more of a screening process to see how well you understand basic math, logical reasoning, etc. My skills assessment slightly differed from others on this site. I could not choose which section to take first. They started me out with the coding section. Roughly 20 questions, and you have about 45 minutes. But performance on this test considers both accuracy and speed, so move faster than a glacial pace. I have a background in statistical programming software, but regardless, you will succeed if you can follow instructions and recall information presented to you in previous questions. After this is a speed logic section (my favorite). 5 minutes to answer as many logic questions as possible. Shoot for answering 20-25. This is followed by a math and reading comprehension section. Testing your ability to read graphs/charts, and follow arguments. The whole process took me a little over 1 hour.

If you pass the skills assessment, they invite you to an on-site interview. Obviously this is the best part of the entire process because you get to see the campus and meet some current employees. I arrived to Madison the night before and went to dinner with 2 other applicants and a current employee. She was a Project Manager, but still had valuable information to give. It is a nice opportunity to ask questions in a lax environment. However, you have the entire interview day for that as well, so I'd try to talk more casually. Speaking of casual. Epic does promote an environment that encourages employees to dress comfortably. They even say this to applicants. Obviously, Epic is not trying to trick you. You can honestly wear what you want. However, I would advise against wearing jeans or shorts to the on-site interview. We aren't Epic employees just yet, and dressing up signals your serious intentions for the position. I wore a pair of slacks and a polo, managed just fine.

Applicant schedules vary for on-site interviews. You will start with an introduction to the software, then deviate from there. I went on to a small group meeting with current Project Managers to discuss the position in-depth. Followed by a group case session (sat in a room with another applicant and individually answered case questions). They came back in and asked us to walk them through our reasoning behind the solutions we chose, and bounced back and forth from there. Work with your case partner, not against. Project Managers are team players. After the case I went to the Project Manager interview, gave my 10 minute presentation, went to lunch, toured the campus, then had my HR rep interview. The day goes by very quickly, just keep calm and carry on.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of?
      If you are the team leader and you decide option A but your entire team wants option B, what do you do?
      Your team leader wants option A but you and the rest of the team want option B, what do you do?   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

First had an informal phone interview. After I took a fairly difficult apptitude test on the computer. Finally, I went onsite for an in-person interview. The one onsite lasted all day and included talking with another Project manager, doing a case study, a 10 minute presentation and finally an interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• If your customer needed to talk to the CEO about a problem and she was involved in a meeting during that time, what would you do?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

IApply online, get invited to do the online tests, phone call, get invited to interview on campus in Madison. Overall was a good interview, the people are what you would expect at a software company. Their campus is really nice too, would be a decent place to spend a few years of your life. However, wasn't a big fan of the overall area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was extremely slow. I applied in January, didn't get a response until April. Phone interview and testing were straightforward. I've never done any coding in my life and I didn't have a hard time. Got a call many weeks later from recruiter, who asked me about my future plans to get an MBA or pursue management (long term, within next 10 years at least). I told her straightforward that this was just an idea, and if Epic provided me with the experience to compensate for no formal business degree (I was a science major), I would have no issue forgoing an MBA. She didn't seem too excited about that response, but I got an interview. Flew me out, wined and dined me, and then the actual day was great. Very lowkey, very relaxed. Group case interview is a little tough--dealing with multiple Type A personalities get's tricky and basically the first person to run for the marker on the board is the one who ends up dominating the conversation. Lots of touring and walking around. During the interview with the recruiter, they ask alot of behavioral fit questions and like short case questions. However, mine again came back to the fact that I was also applying for a graduate position in business school. I had already accepted that and I told her honestly that while I truly loved the culture of Epic and wanted to work there, I needed an answer within the week because then my scholarship would go away. She didn't seem to appreciate that I was looking at graduate schools and kept bringing up my MBA. I kept explaining that I had no intention to leave the company after one year like most incoming students, but of course long-term I wanted to consider an MBA and IF Epic was able to provide the training I needed, then it would not be necessary. A few days later, I got a call saying I was not selected and the recruiter blatantly told me that while I was a very good fit for the company, they wanted people who were not using Epic as a stepping stone and would stay there for as long as life allowed. I told her again that even if I did chose to get an MBA, I would not be doing it to get a "leg up" and out of Epic, it would just be to enhance myself as a professional. She said to reapply next year once I complete my management graduate degree so that future schooling is no longer an issue. My advice--don't bring up an MBA or give any suggestion that you may ever ever ever leave the company.

Interview Questions

• If you were a leader of a team and the team wanted one thing and you wanted something else, how would you handle it? What if you were a follower and everyone else wanted one thing and you wanted something else?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who then set up a phone interview. It was very informal and asked pretty basic questions about why I looking at Epic and what I saw myself doing in 5 years. No need to fret over this part. After the phone interview I was asked to take an aptitude test where they test you on speed, logic and reasoning, comprehension, and some basic coding (I have no experience with coding and passed the test). A few days after I completed the test I was contacted by HR again asking for times when I could head up to Verona for an onsite interview. I haven't actually gone up to Verona yet for the interview but am soon and am looking forward to the rest of the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky River, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Rocky River, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process has many steps but moves rather quickly. First you will apply online. Then someone from any department will call for a phone screening. Then, if you pass the screening, you will take a personality and skills test. If you pass those, you will be invited to an on-site interview and afterwards you will be notified of their decision.