Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in March 2016.

Interview

The initial phone interview was relatively easy, and was scheduled within a few days of submitting my initial application through their website. I spoke with someone who was a current project manager during my phone interview, which was nice because I was able to ask him specific questions about the job. After this, I took the technical evaluation online. I had a lot of issues with getting part of the test to load, but I don't think this is a typical problem

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Started by applying online. Very simple application. Couple days later received a request to set up a phone interview. Don't stress over this. Current project manager goes through your experience, very relaxed. Next I got an email requesting a skill test assessment. This was long and not bad, but I think I bombed the coding part (Only self taught through CodeAcademy).

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in March 2016.

Interview

The first step was to apply online. Was soon contacted to set up a phone interview and to schedule an online skills assessment. The phone interview was informal - quickly went over resume and told me more about the position. This skills test was pretty difficult, particularly if you've never taken any introductory computer science courses. I was contacted a few days later and told that they were moving on with other candidates, but was offered to interview for the Software Tester role.

Interview Questions

• Did you take any time off between high school and college   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

First I had a 30 minute phone interview, relatively simple - they asked general questions like: "Tell me about yourself." and "Why do you want this job?". Then I had to take an online personality test. Then I had to take a 3 hour long skills based test which included logic, and a difficult coding section.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

There were three phases to the interview. I would recommend doing plenty of research on this website if you want to advance. I spent hours looking at reviews on this website and I can honestly say it helped me tremendously.

Phase 1) Met a recruiter at my college job fair and was contacted a week later saying they would like me to take the exam and do a phone interview.
    Phase 2) Exam and phone interview. Phone interview was very brief and was with a current PM. I could tell that it wasn't really about the interview and what mattered was how well I did on the exam. Phone interview was basic and lasted like ten minutes. Questions were things like "where do you see yourself in five years, what do you know about the role, how often are you willing to travel, why Epic?". The exam will take around two hours. It took me just under two. It's filmed and there is a virtual proctor making sure that you don't cheat. There are four sections - speed, math, comprehension/grammar, and programming. For this position, the programming part is more of a can you pick things up quickly and use logical thought. It was tough but if you do your research on here and on Google you'll come in with an idea of what the questions will be like. There's also a behavioral test that takes around 30 minutes of your time. It'll make you rank things and put what you're most like.
    Phase 3) If you make it through phase two, they'll email you and ask you to fly out within the next two weeks. That part is really fun. You can choose to get dinner with an employee the night before your actual interview and get a feel for the role. If you do this you'll meet other applicants and get to experience some of Madison's downtown cuisine. The process is pretty seamless and stress free. Epic is flying in tons of recruits so everything is very planned and orderly. If you're good with people, this is your time to shine.
    -The actual interview the next day consists of 4 interviews, one presentation, one case study, lunch, and an intro to the actual software. There's an informal interview with an actual PM where you just kinda talk about the role and ask questions. Then there's an HR interview where you'll be asked behavioral questions. Most of these center on how well you're able to work in a group --my advice is to emphasize the importance of communication and being a team player. This is where you'll need to think of your STAR format answers. After that, there's an interview with a PM where you'll be asked specific questions regarding how you'd handle things as a PM. The questions are more about how you think and how you react to things. The fourth interview is one with HR that's pretty brief. It just asks typical questions, all of which you can see on this website in someone's review. This is where the "list five things you're not" question comes in. I found this part to be the most exhausting because it was the end of the day and I was really tired. For some reason it was harder for me to think of answers during this interview than any of the others. They'll also ask you what you want your starting salary to be--and if you're just graduating college the correct answer is anywhere from the high 50's to the mid-sixties. That's the typical range for the position if you've got less than a year of professional experience. The presentation is pretty standard and you'll get to make it on anything you want. My advice is to pick something topical that the people will find interesting. There was a lady frowning at me the entire time I did mine which kind of threw me but eh. The case study is pretty basic and they're really just looking to see if you can think logically and back up your answers. You're given a scenario and ten minutes to review it before you've gotta write down the issues and their order of importance and what you'd do to solve them. Lunch is just in the cafeteria with a ton of other applicants and an employee.

I was flown out on Monday and received my offer later that week. I also had another job on the table and that expedited the process. My advice to anyone reading this would be to do your research. Come in prepared by looking through all the reviews on this website and googling epic stuff. Also, if you're not good with people, practice(?). Although, this may not be the job for you if you're not a people person. I'm a people person so I made sure to talk to every employee and applicant and try to connect. Don't go overboard though, there's a delicate balance when it comes to working a room and seeming enthusiastic about the position vs trying too hard. I immediately accepted my offer because it seems like a pretty sweet deal. The campus was amazing and the people were really, really friendly. But if you're just starting the process-- make sure you take time and do well on those tests.

Interview Questions

• list five things you are not, what are three things good and bad your employers would say about you, why Epic? If you had a project you'd been working on for a while that fell through, how would you react? In a group setting with five people, what percent of the time are you speaking? What do you expect your salary to be?   1 Answer

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in February 2016.

Interview

The process was very straight forward; matching the applicant with their strengths. We went over my resume and spoke at length on my achievements and interests. The interviewer was very friendly. The interviewer is a project manager as well so they were able to answer job specific questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the three main criteria for evaluating a job offer you might accept?   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had a very brief phone interview and then was given an assessment test. I felt like the person giving me the phone interview had no interest in what I was actually saying and it was just a formality.

Interview Questions

• Very basic informational interview questions. How did you hear about us? Why epic? Etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

The process began with an initial phone screen interview. This was relatively simple and straight forward. Then, I had to take an intelligence test. There was a mathematics portion and a coding section; the coding section was difficult. A few days after I completed the test, I was notified that I was being invited to an onsite interview.

The onsite interview consisted of a case study, a one-on-one interview, a presentation, and a HR interview. Nothing too hard. A week later I got a call saying that they were impressed and they extended an offer.

I ultimately declined because I did not feel like my experience onsite was good. People seemed to be inexperienced, and my interviewers were not friendly. I could not see myself thriving in such a work environment. However, the actual office is very cool and the subsidized lunches are a nice perk!

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied and shortly thereafter got an email asking me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was short and was with a current project manager who was very nice and answered a lot of my questions about the position. After that I was invited to take an online assessment. It included a personality assessment and skills. I'd recommend taking your time on the skills assessment and thoroughly reading the questions. Don't let the fact that it is timed go to your head and stress you out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

As indicated in many of the other reviews, the interview consisted of three phases, the phone interview, the online examinations and the final interviews. Unfortunately I didnt make it to the final interview. To start, I applied online, and got an email about a week later asking for a phone interview. The phone interview was very laid back, and I got along with the interviewer very well, the lady I interviewed with was so nice. The next day, they sent me over the online exam materials (though they didnt mention it on the phone interview when I asked about next steps, for whatever reason). I struggled with the proctored exam, it was timed, monitored and honestly caught me off guard. I figured it would be mostly easy logic questions, situational questions, etc. However, it was alot of timed, mathematical and repitative questions. It was kind of time restraining as well. I would agree with many of the past posts and say the coding was definitely the most frustrating part of the exam. Anyway, there really is no way to prepare for the exam, just try to be in the right mindset and not overly confident would be my advice. Good luck! :)

Interview Questions

• Why Epic? What sets you apart from other candidates? Tell me about your experience?   Answer Question