Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017
3,283 Interview Reviews

2.9

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview which was not difficult. There was also a coding/ logic assessment which was difficult and should be taken seriously. The questions were pretty standard for an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a personality test, a skills test (that involved using their program). Then you wait for 2 weeks for HR to get back. Then, they send you to the Epic campus for more interviews and also to visit around

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why did you choose your major? Do you have programming experience? If you worked at Epic, what would see yourself focusing in? Why are you interested in Epic?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

As described by others, it's a very basic introductory interview over the phone. Still waiting to hear results back from interview. The skills portion could be difficult but my experience with the LSAT definitely contributed to understanding the logic portions. Just be careful with time.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick your major?
      Why do you want to work for Epic?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied in person at a career fair. Next was a phone interview. After that was a proctored skills test. I put two hours of effort into it and another two hours of "well, maybe this'll work" (no compiler was allowed) before I gave up and submitted. I was not asked to continue after that.

Interview Questions

• There was a large section that gave a specification for a (regular, I think) language, with questions asked on valid syntax and meaning within that language.   Answer Question

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in March 2017.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview that lasted about 20-25 minutes. It was step 2 of 4 in the hiring process and I don't know yet if I got the position. Easy questions about my goals and plans and interests. The interviewer spent a good portion of the time telling me about the position and the company. Fairly relaxed and easy going.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Went to college career fair, then later got a phone screen and an email to take an assessment. I was then flown out to Madison for the whole day, went through a few one-on-ones as well as a couple case studies. Pretty much everything in my trip was covered, and it was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if company x, company y, and company z were all demanding your attention with an issue?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

Interview

The interviewer was a project manager herself, very nice and calm. Explained about the position and answered questions very well. The phone interview lasted about 20 min. One more step before an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose between Epic and another company/offer, how would you choose?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Extremely efficient in stages 1) Phone call 2) Online Assessment 3) Onsite Assessment
    They had a slightly overwhelming onsite review. Prepare to be interviewed for a solid six hours running around, tours, case studies, and a 2-hour coding review.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

A phone interview followed by a skills assessment. Then they fly you out for a tour, and another assessment. The assessment can be tough, but not to challenging if you know what you are doing.

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in March 2017.

Interview

The first step in the hiring process is a phone interview with an employee in the same/similar position. It only lasts 20-30 minutes and is pretty informal and relaxed. The interviewer asks you some basic questions throughout as she explains more about the opening. You conclude by asking questions of your own

Interview Questions

• What areas of Healthcare Technology are you interested in?   Answer Question