Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

944 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

A very brief and easy online application. Then a basic phone interview with all of the basic questions like "why Epic," and "where do you see yourself in 5 years." Then a very annoying 2-hour online cognitive test. Then an in-person waste of 5 hours. You learn about the company and how the software works, meet with many people for 1-on-1 interviews, give a 10 minute presentation on anything where they interrupt you with irrelevant questions to see how you handle that, a tour, and a group problem solving session to see how you problem solve and work in groups.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about one of your recent supervisors>   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

After application online, 2 phone calls with HR, and a logic/skills assessment test online, I was requested to meet for the final interview on Epic's campus. Once there, it was an all day event with several interviews, some 1-on-1 and others in a group. First, several candidates and myself were given an overview presentation of the company. Then, we met 1-on-1 with 3 different project managers for behavior based interviews. Next, we had a group role play followed by lunch on campus. Then I gave my presentation to 3 people. Finally, I met with HR for a 1-on-1 and was shown around campus afterwards. Went from 9:30 -

Interview Questions

• Q: Why Epic?
      Q: What is your biggest pet peeve?
      Q: Which group would you be more worried to present to: 30 unknown members of a sales team, 6 project managers, or 1 vice president?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took skills test. Received phone call, invited to on-site interview shortly thereafter. On-site consisted of several different meetings. First was an overview of the company and the software, followed by a short explanation with someone in the current role. Followed with short, collaborative group case study (go-live situation, I had no idea what that meant but they make it pretty easy). Ate lunch with a member and then had a few more interviews with HR and a person in the current role. Also had to give a short 10 minute presentation to a panel on the subject of my choice.

Interview Questions

• If you were a project lead and were 100% sure that option A is better than B, but the 4 other team members are 100% certain that B is better, which option would you choose? What if you were one of the 4 other team members and you though option A might be detrimental to the task. How would you proceed?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in April 2017.

Interview

First step was an online skills assessment. I think this is where I went wrong as it is made to weed people out. There was a programming section and a couple logic sections. The phone interview was very casual and comfortable as I was speaking with one of the current project managers.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview, pretty casual. Interview scheduled after recruiter reached out to me, due to GPA. Tone was very interested and casual, with a few emails from recruiter, then HR. After interview, it all cooled off.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel 75% of time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

First phone interview, then long skills assessment & skype, in person trip up to Madison. The phone interview is trivial, the online assessment is really a pain. Easy but takes a few hours of time, like they want to see if you need a job bad enough to stick it through.

Interview Questions

• Learn a fake coding language and show you can adapt to it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview is super easy just to get to know about the company. No tough questions at all. 2 online tests they send you afterwards. One looks at personality and basic problem-solving questions. The other is a watered down GRE with some coding at the end. Nothing super challenging but very important. If they like you they'll invite you up to Madison for an in-person interview. Immersive total day interview that introduces you to the technology, company, and culture. Two interviews, a group scenario, and mini-tour.

Training Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (New York, NY).

Interview

They make you take two long skills assessment tests. 1 took about 20 minutes and the other took about 2 hours. Their HR department was very bad. Not only did they not call me on the day they scheduled me for, but they took a week to respond back to me about rescheduling. Interview went well, very conversational.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Phone Call that took about thirty minutes, and then did a skills assessment the next day. The phone call was pretty straight forward, the HR department was prompt and got back to me quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process had multiple fairly simple rounds. The whole process is time consuming. For me:
    1st round-phone screen
    2nd round-online skills assessment
    3rd round- second phone screen where the HR were haggling about salary.
    4th round-live interview. They fly you into Wisconsin, put you up at a nice hotel, and on the day of the interview they will treat the whole lot of you like a herd of cattle.
    Take this job if you have no other options, otherwise decline like I did.