Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through the job board on my school's career site. The phone interview was just asking basic questions--more telling me what the job/company is like than asking me questions about myself. As a liberal arts major with no exposure to programming, i found the skills assessment a bit challenging. If you SUCK at math like me, then don't waste your time applying. The test was four hours long, and I've read on reddit that their pass score is kinda low. Got an email a week and a half later saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Interview process was long. Heard back quickly from the company since they were recruiting at our college. Sent in resume to their online system. Had to go through a online personality type test, then phone interview with someone in the current position, then complete a proctored skills assessment which was really long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward and actually took less time than I thought it would. After applying online, they emailed me within 48-72 hours asking to schedule a phone interview with a current PM. The phone interview was pretty casual and conversational, nothing to be super concerned about and it lasted about 30 minutes.

After the phone interview they ask you to complete the Epic Skills Assessment. This must be done through the ProctorU service where they take control of your webcam to make sure you're not cheating or using materials they do not allow. The Skills Assessment took me about 2-2.5 hours. It's not the easiest test I've ever taken and it definitely helps to have a bit of programming experience. They don't ask you to code anything, but there is a technical section that uses quite a bit of syntax that programmers will be familiar with (operators, Boolean, etc.).

Here's why I say the process moved more quickly than I expected: I had my phone interview Wednesday, took my Skills Assessment Thursday night, and received a call asking me to come to Madison for the onsite on Friday morning. For the onsite interview, they expect you to present a 10 minute presentation on a topic of your choice. Be prepared to answer questions on the topic and make sure you stick to your time limit. They will give you a tour of Epic, feed you, answer any questions, the whole nine yards. It really is a pretty pleasant experience if you can get over the nerves of being at an interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in three years? Why Epic? What do you know of Epic?   Answer Question

Decided that I did not want to move to Madison.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

It was in two weeks. phone interview, assessment. Thought I did well but ultimately did not make the cut. I am not sure how they assess and pick as their employees but I might have not been the right candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals in five years   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in August 2016.

Interview

Step process involved...Sent in application and few days later received an email prompting me to schedule a phone interview. Two days later had the phone interview. Basically it was an overview of my resume followed by briefing on the position then questions from me. Another two days later got notification via email on taking the online assessment. Took the assessment but it was okay however I did struggle with speed and time management. The coding assessment was multiple choice questions too but sort of tricky as I have zero coding/program skills. Anyways, it will be useful to have an idea about MUMPS program. Right now, I am still waiting for a response to know if I will move forward in the process. Fingers crossed!...

Interview Questions

• Why Epic?
      Are you willing to relocate?
      How much travel are you willing to make?
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in August 2016.

Interview

There is a really simple online application, then a phone interview, they ask you to complete a skills assessment online which is proctored, and then I believe you have an in-person interview next. The skills assessment was very difficult for someone with no coding experience and who is not strong at math.

Interview Questions

• What is the deciding factor if you had to choose between two job offers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

After submitting my application, I got an email response that evening asking me to schedule a phone interview. It was about 30 minutes long and was very relaxed. Next I did the online tests. A few days later I got a call asking if I would like to go to Madison for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was fun. We met with other Project Managers and were told about the job. We had a group scenario where we had to solve a problem together. Next we interviewed with a Project Manager, then gave our ten minute presentation, then interviewed with HR. Afterwards we had lunch in the Epic cafeteria and had a tour of a few of the buildings on campus. Two weeks later I got a phone call from Epic saying that they wanted to have me onboard, BUT, they didn't have any positions open right now. They told me that I would get a call back in 4-6 weeks. They expect to have more positions available in a few months... Waiting to see for an official offer.

Interview Questions

• If you had a situation where your entire team disagreed with you on how to proceed, what would you do? Would you go with the group or would you go with your own decision?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online (standard personal information, preferences, cover letter, resume) and then had a phone interview. I also completed online aptitude and personality tests. I'm currently waiting to hear back and am hoping that I am selected for an on-site interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Epic was very quick and efficient in scheduling the interview process. They ask for a skills assessment exam (which should take about 2 hours) and a quick profile (which should take about 20 minutes) to be completed within 5 days after they have contacted you. The exam includes logic questions and some basic math questions, with some parts of it timed. The questions varied in difficulty, and some of them were quite hard. It took me longer than 2 hours to complete the exam, and I was unable to finish the timed parts of the exam (which I understand to be pretty common). It was a bit uneasy to take the exam, as it was proctored at home through the computer web-cam (although you also have the option to go to a 'nearby' location to take the exam). There is no real prep work you can do for the exam, but I would suggest taking it in the manner you would a standardized test to make sure you can focus for a long period of time.

The interview itself was about 30 minutes on the phone, and the employee I spoke with was young, very kind, and easy to talk to. It was a very low-pressure interview, mainly going over your resume and discussing why you want to work at Epic. They will likely choose a particularly interesting part on your resume for them, such as a class choice or study abroad, to discuss more fully. As traveling is a big part of the job, it would be good to emphasize your experiences with it. After the interview, they contact you within a week or two with a response to your application. If you make it to the next steps, they inform you as to what those will be. I didn't get to these next steps, so I am not sure what those are or how long the entire process would take. I think the interview went well, but I wish I had taken the exam a bit more seriously at the time I took it, which may have ended up being a determining factor as to why I didn't get an offer.

Overall, I am still very happy with the interview process. Having quick responses from Epic made it very satisfying, and it seems they have a great team. Good luck to those applying!

Interview Questions

• One of the harder questions they asked was 'If given multiple job offers, what would be the determining factor in your choice.'   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

Submit application online, followed by a phone interview and online skills assessment. The phone interview is pretty straightforward, nothing too difficult, just your standard interview questions. The online assessment consisted of some math, logic, and coding problems. Not really too difficult either. If you do well enough on the online assessment, they invite you for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

See What Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Former Technical Services in Madison, WI

Pros: “Very high salaries, good benefits. Good industry to get into - essentially Epic is the automation phenomenon applied to healthcare. Hospitals are basically being required to digitalize...”“Very high salaries, good benefits. Good industry to get into - essentially Epic is the automation phenomenon applied to healthcare. Hospitals are basically being required to digitalize now and meet certain requirements that Epic software meets. If you have the right experience after Epic, you will be able to work lucrative consulting positions (but it's not easy to get that experience). Low barrier to entry: they seem to hire anyone who seems smart They hire a lot of Ivy Leaguers and West/East coasters, which is good or bad depending on your preference. The culture is more dominated by them, than midwesterners or public university graduates. They seem to hire a lot of good-looking, charismatic people as IS. There is a bit of a hookup culture vibe going on, primarily within the IS. Sort of a continuation of college if you will. The TS position, which I held, is essentially a way for non-CS grads to get into software development.” – Full Review