Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 20, 2018
3,538 Interview Reviews

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process is relatively simple. I first was contacted by a recruiter, who then set up a phone call for me. It lasted about 20 minutes, and asked basic questions about myself. They then had a 2 hour critical thinking exam set up. It wasn't too bad just make sure to watch the time limit. After that they called about a week later to set up an onsite interview in Madison, Wisconsin. It was a beautiful campus.

Digital Media Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in November 2017.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed personality test and a two hour, four part online assessment: programming, math, logic and reasoning. Straightforward and nothing that warrants preparation. Took two weeks to hear back following skills test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview approximately 30 minutes long. Coding test and basic knowledge assessment as well. The will follow up with an onsite interview if you do well. The Tests were somewhat challenging and time consuming and the phone interview was fairly straightforward.

Technical Services Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in November 2017.

Interview

I did the online logic exam and phone interview in the reverse order that everyone else seemed to do. They scheduled my test first, and it wasn't bad. I had a little bit of programming experience, which helped. Aside from that part, though, most of it was just logic questions.
    Phone interview: very casual. My interviewer had been working at Epic for 12 years, and we talked a bit about Madison and the company. He verified the information I provided on my application (start date, relocation, etc.)

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

The whole process was very complicated and time consuming - especially because they don't know what they are looking for in this position. I was told by one member of the HR team that the turnover in this position is so great that even the hiring manager is new!

Interview Questions

• They asked some standard interview questions and then several really bizarre questions like this:
      - If you were a box of cereal, what would you be and why?
      - How honest are you?
      - Describe to me the process and benefits of wearing a seat belt?   1 Answer

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in November 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with someone currently in the position and it went well. A couple of behavioral questions, but mostly simple questions where the answers seemed to entered into a computer. Also had to complete a proctored online assessment and they do not let you know the results.

Interview Questions

• What is the deciding factor on taking this job if you get an offer?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within a couple days informing me that they wanted me to take an online assessment and do a phone interview. The phone interview was very straightforward (with an Epic program manager) and the assessment was tedious. Ultimately, the most annoying part of the assessment was downloading UProctor and dealing with the UProctor people. I thought I did terrible but turns out I passed the assessment, as they invited me to an onsite interview. They also notified me that they were considering me for both Program Manager and Technical Problem Solver. They treat you super well in Madison, covering all flight/taxi/hotel/food costs.

The onsite day was jam-packed with two case studies, a tour of the awesome Epic campus, a presentation (that you have to give), a one-on-one interview with your recruiter, a programming assessment, and most importantly, a lunch at their amazing cafeteria. They really care about making sure your time in Madison goes as smoothly as possible. I got call a week or so after the interview notifying me that they liked me and they would be happy to give me an offer for either of the positions they were considering me for.

I've heard 2% of the people who take the test get called in for an onsite visit but then 50% of those who visit onsite get an offer. So essentially, if you pass the test, you're halfway to an offer. Good luck!

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and told to apply for the position. They contacted me a few days after I applied and set up a phone interview with me and an online technical assessment. The online assessment was pretty straight forward. It was basic logic and math questions and then there was also a section where they introduced you to their programming language and just asked basic questions to see if you understood what was explained and syntax. The phone interview was pretty brief and was going over my resume and basic questions; why epic, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc. They then offered to fly me out to Wisconsin for the in person interview and tour of Epic.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

Three phases: phone interview, skills assessment and final interview. The phone interview is pretty standard, going through your resume. Skills assessment takes about 3 hours and consists of some logic questions and coding problems. They fly you to their HQ for the final interview and this consists of a couple of different interviews throughout the day. Epic does a great job in taking care of its candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project or work experience that was difficult and how you got through it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Arlington Heights, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out, applied on website was contacted for phone interview next day. Phone interview and online skill assessment. No offer, received generic form email saying “we’re moving forward, you’re not”. Very personal process up until the rejection which was a mass email