Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017
3,283 Interview Reviews

2.9

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in March 2017.

Interview

HR was very quick in reaching out to me. Applied and heard back within a week. Had a 30 minute interview with an employee in the position I applied for. Seemed like it was almost a chore for her to interview me, and didn't seemed to be interested in what I had to say. A few days later I took an online assessment for the position. Did not make it to an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online & I got a phone interview. The interview was easy pretty much the exact same question I found here in glassdoor. However, the skills assessment was not easy, I guess I didn't do well in it. I didn't make it to the final interview.

Interview Questions

• What factors do you consider if you have more than one offer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online after a few emails of their recruiter contacting me. They emailed back with an interview, a personality quiz and a exam. The interviewer was kind and easy to talk with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Very informal phone interview, basically went over your resume and talked about different projects. The interviewer gave and overview of the company and position. The position was very vague, without many requirements as far as technical skills.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

Interview

The interview process had multiple fairly simple rounds. The whole process is time consuming. For me:
    1st round-phone screen
    2nd round-online skills assessment
    3rd round- second phone screen where the HR were haggling about salary.
    4th round-live interview. They fly you into Wisconsin, put you up at a nice hotel, and on the day of the interview they will treat the whole lot of you like a herd of cattle.
    Take this job if you have no other options, otherwise decline like I did.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

Standard stuff: phone interview screening for personality, then a three-hour programming test, and then a fly-back full-day interview where you meet with HR and developers. The programming test is likely the most difficult phase of the process, where unsatisfactory candidates are weeded out. I recommend preparing for the programming test by doing practice coding assignments, especially focusing on string parsing and manipulation, and recursion. By the time they fly you out, the offer is likely yours to lose.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on, the technology you used, and why you used it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

First took an assessment and then did the phone interview. Phone interview was after the assessment for me because my phone interview was scheduled two weeks from the date I received the email from the HR contact. The assessments were straight forward, four in total. They focused on math skills, technical skills (coding), and critical skills. The first assessment tested how fast you could answer the math skills. The next one tested your knowledge of reading a code and a brief summary of what the code operators do and then answering questions. The remainder of the tests, tested you over critical thinking and making decisions. The phone interview was simple. Asked simple questions and then shifted over to what the company does and then opened it up to questions.

Technical Problem Solver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

1. Online Application (select job, and apply; they will recommend if another position is better suited)
    2. Personality Assessment (simple and quick)
    3. Phone Interview (casual and relaxed)
    4. Technical Exam (take this seriously, not my cup of tea)

It was not very difficult. They communicate through email, and are pretty responsive. Overall, my best advice would be to practice the questions on Glassdoor for the interview. Depending on the position Epic is looking for someone who is flexible and welcomes challenges.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals 5 years and 10 years from now?
      Do you plan on getting a degree after college?
      Why Epic?
      Why did you choose your major?
      Answer Question

Technical Services Problem-Solver Interview

Interview

Met with rep at a career fair, filled out an application there. Received an email the next day to sign up for a phone interview and to complete a skills assessment. The skills assessment was longer than I had anticipated, but basic logic knowledge that you must complete in a short time limit. The phone interview was very low key. The interview is with a person in the position you applied for, so it's mostly a Q&A about the job. Waiting to hear about an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Epic, why did you choose your major, long term and short term goals, etc   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

Interview

Email from recruiter to apply. Didn't apply until months later, but got an email the next day to set up a phone screen and assessments. They connect you with someone in the position and you'll be telling them about yourself, why Epic, and they person on the other end will tell you more about the position. Plenty of time to get your questions answered. Assessments were easy for the most part, but multiple choice portion that gauges your ability to learn a made-up programming language was difficult for me.

On-site invitation came via email the next day and it was a great experience. You get dinner, an overview of Epic, tour of the campus, lunch, and tons of opportunities to ask questions. You'll be with other candidates for the most of it, but the actual "interview" portions are individual. "Case study," HR behavioral interview, and another programming assessment that was more challenging. I thought the day went well in general but I felt like it could've went either way as I left their campus.