Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions in Madison, WI | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Interview Questions in Madison, WI

Updated May 23, 2017
1,385 Interview Reviews

2.9

1,385 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview shortly after applying. The phone interview consisted of me talking about a few projects that I had done in school. All in all it took about 30 minutes. After that came a 2-3 hour test, you connect via your webcam with a third party and someone watches you the entire time you take the test. Before I started the test I had to pan around my room for the guy, and use a mirror to show him I didn't have anything to cheat with. You can't navigate outside of the window your test is in or else it freezes, and then you have ask to have it unblocked. The IQ style questions and learning the new language didn't seem too difficult, or so I thought since I didn't move past this stage, I must not have done well. The programming bit at the end was very difficult. You get 4 questions and can't compile anything. I took a shot in the dark and just wrote pseudocode.

I've taken a number of these sort of tests for potential jobs, and they always seem to weed me out. I really wish I could get the results back to see what I did wrong, as it's a bit disconcerting. I did well in school, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong on these tests.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Everything you need to know is pretty much already on here. To add:

Assessments: took me around two hours, coding section was strange (I have no coding experience, thought it was 6/10 in difficulty), logic/math section felt SAT-level of difficulty. Just make sure you're in the right mental space to take a an exam. It's a bit challenging but totally doable.

Phone Screen: really informal, with current Project Manager, standard interview questions (How did you hear about Epic? Why Epic? What do you like to do? Why did you choose your major?), took 25 minutes.

On-Sight: Dinner the night before was nice and it got all basic questions out of the way. The actual day wasn't hard at all. They had us do group interviews, two individual interviews, a group case-study on a go-live scenario, and a 10 minute presentation. There was one 1:1, formal interview where they asked true interview questions, but the rest of the day was more like a big conversation where Epic just wanted to get to know you. Very relaxed dress code: I wore jeans and a nice sweater but would have also felt comfortable in business casual.

All the other reviews on here said the process was much faster than my process took. I was constantly worried they had forgotten about my application. I wish HR was more prompt, it would have made this easier.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage all the work you have to do?   Answer Question
    • How assertive are you on a scale of 1 to 10? What is an example of a time that you were very assertive?   Answer Question
    • What is a good and bad thing that each of your references would say about you?   Answer Question

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

After application online, 2 phone calls with HR, and a logic/skills assessment test online, I was requested to meet for the final interview on Epic's campus. Once there, it was an all day event with several interviews, some 1-on-1 and others in a group. First, several candidates and myself were given an overview presentation of the company. Then, we met 1-on-1 with 3 different project managers for behavior based interviews. Next, we had a group role play followed by lunch on campus. Then I gave my presentation to 3 people. Finally, I met with HR for a 1-on-1 and was shown around campus afterwards. Went from 9:30 -

Interview Questions

• Q: Why Epic?
      Q: What is your biggest pet peeve?
      Q: Which group would you be more worried to present to: 30 unknown members of a sales team, 6 project managers, or 1 vice president?
      Answer Question

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

I first found the position online and submitted my application directly. I received a response within one week and was brought onsite for interview and test taking. Had 2 in person interviews. and was hired within 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment are you most proud of and why?   1 Answer

Technical Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter via email, applied online, took the online assessment (about 2 hours) and had a phone interview (30 minutes). Then was contacted for a on site interview that lasted about 1/2 a day. Received an offer about 2 weeks later.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

My interview day was very long and difficult. The interviews themselves weren't overly technical but there were enough of them to make you unsure of how you did. The campus itself is very impressive and fun to experience.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

applied online, took the online tests, got a phone interview, got an in person interview. the in person interview took a long time. full day. lots of walking. had to give a 15 minute presentation and do a case study.

Clinical Informatics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

3 -30 min interviews with team members about job expectations and complete review of resume and cover letter, Software Demo of software of my choosing 15min, technical coding/Math/Verbal testing, unlimited time, but time was factored into the scoring. First was a ten question 2 minute IQ test. Campus tour and lunch provide, with question and answer session.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I had a phone screen then took the technical assessment online. It was a very poor experience and I didn't hear back for several weeks. Finally I got invited onsite for an interview. The onsite interview involved talking about a development project, going through a case study, and an HR interview.

Trainer Interview

Application

Interview

What people have said on here is accurate. What I would add is that, from what I have seen, Epic interviews a lot of people on-site and gives only a few job offers. I would say try your best and have fun, but do not have expectations.