Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2017

338 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiter emailed me, then I applied online. Then I did a phone interview and the assessments with ProctorU. There were 30 logic questions times in 5 minutes. I was irate because the proctor said that the video dropped and he didn't stop the time or anything. I told Epic about it, but obviously they didn't care because more than a week later they rejected me for whatever reason. The never got back to me when they said they would. That's a sign of a company I don't want to work for. Plus, I never want to move to Wisconsin. I have been to their office before and it's awesome but good luck surviving in Wisconsin.

Interview Questions

• If you had other offers, what other factors would you consider?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Easy phone interview, very hard testing process. Job description says you don't need a Comp Sci background, that "they'll teach you what you need to know," but the testing says otherwise. If you don't have a basic Comp Sci class (like me), you will not pass the test. They also test you on grammar (easy), verbal reasoning (so-so), and math skills (hard). There are some really tricky verbal reasoning questions (like 9 tigers need to fit into 12 rooms or something like that), very strange.

Bottom line - you need to either have a good comp sci background to pass the test or be a genius.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Was flown out and put in a hotel, which was pretty nice of them. However, the interview was a joke. Came in and found out there were 8 other people interviewing for the same position that I had to spend the entire day with. They take you on a tour of their overly nice campus that looks like something from Star Trek. Then you have to take a test on computer code, regardless of the position you are applying for. The interview itself is based on all the qualities you don't have and has nothing to do with your strengths or experiences.

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in February 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by Epic in December and was asked to submit an application for their project manager position. A month later I was given a phone interview, about two weeks later I was offered an in person interview in Madison. They flew me across the country and put me up in a nice hotel downtown covering all my expenses. The day of the interview I woke early and was taken by Cab to their headquarters, which is about 30 minutes away from downtown Madison. It began with a tour of the campus followed by a demonstration of their software after which we each began our interviews. The first interview was position specific, I cannot disclose the actual questions, but I can say you should treat the day as a marathon test but should not pose serious problems for those qualified. They followed up the first interview with a presentation to a group of young employees (most employees are young) which was basically to prove your communications skills. Lunch gave us a break followed by another round of interviews with HR, after which at the end of the day we began the exams, which last approximatively two hours. These exams make the interview process incredibly unique as after years of college and great grades (you need at least a 3.3 to even be considered) you must prove your intelligence they don't take it for granted. Finally you hand in your exam and they call you a cab. The whole day takes about 7 hours, and they say they will contact you in a week possibly two with their decision. Its been two full weeks for me and am still waiting for an answer, so don't expect a quick response they do have many, many candidates to consider.

Interview Questions

• When would you be ready to start working if offered the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in February 2010.

Interview

First a campus interview, then a phone interview, then they flew me in for a day to Madison. Had to give a presentation to a group, then take IQ and skills test, then some one on one interviews and a case study. Although I thought I was interviewing for a sales type of position, they gave me a programming test that I knew absolutely nothing about. The presentation, case study, and other tests went great but it went south when I interviewed with the HR woman and took the programming test. Although the company was impressive (the company campus is amazing), the company was way too informal for my liking and the position required WAY too much traveling. If you are a techie, you will probably love it but those I spoke to on the marketing side did not.

Interview Questions

• Where do you plan on being in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Are you planning to every go on for your masters?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Miami, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I had to take an online assessment (extremely disorganized by the 3rd party company doing it). I had a phone interview. It's always hard to gage the impression in phone interviews- but this was a bit overwhelming because there were so many questions asked right in a row.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What would be your deciding factor when choosing between potential employers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Verona, WI).

Interview

Apply online. So a recruiter reaches out to me on Handshake and tells me to apply. He basically promised an interview then a week later I receive a rejection email without ever having interviewed. This is unprofessional. Do not tell someone they will get an interview if it isn't going to happen. Anyway Wisconsin is very cold so don't work for Epic unless you want single digit temperatures and snow everywhere.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied and the next day was contacted through email by a recruiter to set up a phone interview and was asked to take a Rembrandt. The phone interview was scheduled soon after along with a request to complete the Sphinx assessment. The interview was casual and I was informed that the score from my interview would be combined with my assessment score and the results would determine whether or not I move on. About a week later I was sent a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What will factor into your decision on which job to choose?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via e-mail, inviting me to apply. I applied online, and later set up a phone interview with a recruiter. The interviewer was nice, and the questions were not too difficult. I also had to take a 2-3 hour assessment on the computer, which tested various skills, including programming skills. I am giving the interview a "difficult" level, mostly because of the exam.

Interview Questions

• The assessment I had to complete had difficult math and programming questions that I had no idea how to answer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in August 2013.

Interview

Recruitment process consisted of: 1) online personality assessment; 2) video interview with recruiter; 3) proctored exam to determine coding/software ability; 4) onsite full-day interview with multiple interviewers (Epic paid for airfare and hotel). The entire process from online application to job offer was approximately one month. I found the HR personnel to be well organized and good at communicating where we were in the process in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• During the onsite interview, you meet with a variety of different people. Some are just offering information, others will administer evaluations for you. One person presented me with a scenario where I had to describe how I would handle it, and later in the day I had to give a presentation to a group of people (I was told to choose and prepare the subject matter before coming onsite).   Answer Question