Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiter emailed me, then I applied online. Then I did a phone interview and the assessments with ProctorU. There were 30 logic questions times in 5 minutes. I was irate because the proctor said that the video dropped and he didn't stop the time or anything. I told Epic about it, but obviously they didn't care because more than a week later they rejected me for whatever reason. The never got back to me when they said they would. That's a sign of a company I don't want to work for. Plus, I never want to move to Wisconsin. I have been to their office before and it's awesome but good luck surviving in Wisconsin.

Interview Questions

• If you had other offers, what other factors would you consider?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI).

Interview

Easy phone interview, very hard testing process. Job description says you don't need a Comp Sci background, that "they'll teach you what you need to know," but the testing says otherwise. If you don't have a basic Comp Sci class (like me), you will not pass the test. They also test you on grammar (easy), verbal reasoning (so-so), and math skills (hard). There are some really tricky verbal reasoning questions (like 9 tigers need to fit into 12 rooms or something like that), very strange.

Bottom line - you need to either have a good comp sci background to pass the test or be a genius.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Was flown out and put in a hotel, which was pretty nice of them. However, the interview was a joke. Came in and found out there were 8 other people interviewing for the same position that I had to spend the entire day with. They take you on a tour of their overly nice campus that looks like something from Star Trek. Then you have to take a test on computer code, regardless of the position you are applying for. The interview itself is based on all the qualities you don't have and has nothing to do with your strengths or experiences.

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in February 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by Epic in December and was asked to submit an application for their project manager position. A month later I was given a phone interview, about two weeks later I was offered an in person interview in Madison. They flew me across the country and put me up in a nice hotel downtown covering all my expenses. The day of the interview I woke early and was taken by Cab to their headquarters, which is about 30 minutes away from downtown Madison. It began with a tour of the campus followed by a demonstration of their software after which we each began our interviews. The first interview was position specific, I cannot disclose the actual questions, but I can say you should treat the day as a marathon test but should not pose serious problems for those qualified. They followed up the first interview with a presentation to a group of young employees (most employees are young) which was basically to prove your communications skills. Lunch gave us a break followed by another round of interviews with HR, after which at the end of the day we began the exams, which last approximatively two hours. These exams make the interview process incredibly unique as after years of college and great grades (you need at least a 3.3 to even be considered) you must prove your intelligence they don't take it for granted. Finally you hand in your exam and they call you a cab. The whole day takes about 7 hours, and they say they will contact you in a week possibly two with their decision. Its been two full weeks for me and am still waiting for an answer, so don't expect a quick response they do have many, many candidates to consider.

Interview Questions

• When would you be ready to start working if offered the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in February 2010.

Interview

First a campus interview, then a phone interview, then they flew me in for a day to Madison. Had to give a presentation to a group, then take IQ and skills test, then some one on one interviews and a case study. Although I thought I was interviewing for a sales type of position, they gave me a programming test that I knew absolutely nothing about. The presentation, case study, and other tests went great but it went south when I interviewed with the HR woman and took the programming test. Although the company was impressive (the company campus is amazing), the company was way too informal for my liking and the position required WAY too much traveling. If you are a techie, you will probably love it but those I spoke to on the marketing side did not.

Interview Questions

• Where do you plan on being in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Are you planning to every go on for your masters?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Bloomington, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

After applying to Epic I was asked to do a personality test, which consisted of many different types of questions. One of the most common would be to rank 4 characteristics in order of what was true for me. It lasted about 40 minutes. After that, I took a skills test that was pretty difficult. The hardest part was learning a new technology "language". There is no real way to prepare for it, but you are judged off of speed and accuracy. Following those I had a phone interview out of the blue, which I thought was odd. They gave me no warning, but the phone interview was not difficult, mostly just trying to get to know me more.

Interview Questions

• How would you evaluate multiple offers between Epic and another firm?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin).

Interview

I was referred by a friend who knows I would be a great asset to the company and fit the qualifications of the position. I was emailed to set up a phone interview and a week later talked to someone on the phone for a few short questions. I then had to spend 2+ hours to take a standardized test. Additionally, I had to submit my transcript from my undergrad.

Interview Questions

• Willing to travel? Why are you looking for a new job? Are you planning to go back to school anytime soon?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager was very kind and the phone interview was helpful. I took the online tests but did not pass. The test required the ability to understand programming and at the beginning of the test they ask if you have any experience with programming and what type.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) (Madison, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

phone interview with a couple of questions
    after that round of the interview I was flown out and shown the work space as well as
    3 seperate interviews
    with different branched of the company
    all in all great place
    awesome atmosphere

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Wisconsin) in August 2016.

Interview

There is a really simple online application, then a phone interview, they ask you to complete a skills assessment online which is proctored, and then I believe you have an in-person interview next. The skills assessment was very difficult for someone with no coding experience and who is not strong at math.

Interview Questions

• What is the deciding factor if you had to choose between two job offers?   Answer Question